Page 1 of 2
LastLast

do you think healer skill will become a requirement in shadowlands?

As a truly skilled healer ive found this season incredibly frustrating, with the removal of healer skill being a necessity ive watched party after party invite there mates, uncles, aunts and grandparents, look at gingi 28shrine months ago, pala with 20khps overall, the season where healers become a 4th dps.

the only time this season ive managed to show my skill is when parties fail and i carry. not exactly the kind of parties i want to be in anyway, ones that fail mechanics.

so my question, do you think healing skill will matter as much in sl? am i going to be able to get back to being world 15? or is it stuck in the dumpster with the casual pugs still waiting for them to become overgeared so they can stand in all the mechanics in every dungeon and not die.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a pretty big bait thread. OP is pretty sus, ngl.
    Hi

Total bait or total narcissist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a truly skilled healer
    Kanye is that you?..

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    Total bait or total narcissist.
    We're talking about WoW players and MMO-C users,so likely the latter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    As a truly skilled healer
    Whatever you say, Jesus.
    Putin khuliyo

Just play as a disc priest and all your issues will be moot lol.

funny how you judge me without ever seeing me play, people have no idea how good i am, yet im a narcisist, or baiting. or maybe, just maybe im actually legit good?

Have you tried not being carried?

you cant be carried in the keys where i can go (27/28/29)

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    funny how you judge me without ever seeing me play, people have no idea how good i am, yet im a narcisist, or baiting. or maybe, just maybe im actually legit good?
    you just bragged about being world 15. here's a hint: nobody who is actually world 15 needs to brag about that

What exactly is "healer skill"?

By your post I assume you think healer skill means literally only healing the team?

What if there is nothing to heal? What if you don't even need people on 100% all the time?

Real "healer skill" is knowing when to heal, use utilities or DO DAMAGE.
    Healers don't just heal. Spoilers. If you cannot adapt to this environment then you are not 'pretty skilled'.

you cant be carried in the keys where i can go (27/28/29)
    Link your healer with a white quality hat on and we will believe you've done one. Else you're just another sad wannabe.

Skilled healers, as others mentioned, requires knowing when to dps and when to heal. Using vuhdoo or healbot doesn't equal skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

O wow, you're good at a video game! Something amazing to be proud of! Here's a picture of a trophy showing how much your "achievement" matters in the grand scheme of things:

Do you not see the picture? Keep zooming until you find it, it's there, I pinky-promise! After all, you deserve it!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    you just bragged about being world 15. here's a hint: nobody who is actually world 15 needs to brag about that
    This
    A million times this

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    What exactly is "healer skill"?

By your post I assume you think healer skill means literally only healing the team?

What if there is nothing to heal? What if you don't even need people on 100% all the time?

Real "healer skill" is knowing when to heal, use utilities or DO DAMAGE.
    Healers don't just heal. Spoilers. If you cannot adapt to this environment then you are not 'pretty skilled'.
    This is my biggest issue with the game design as of Late I miss the good Ol days where I could single handedly heal a 25 man with my Resto Druid with blanketing the entire raid in Hots and run around jumping and just healing. If I want to DPS Ill play a DPS, I play a healer to heal.

10+ Year Old Account
    You’re last 3 threads were closed for the same reason this one will be: baiting.

Congrats OP, you got got... AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    This is my biggest issue with the game design as of Late I miss the good Ol days where I could single handedly heal a 25 man with my Resto Druid with blanketing the entire raid in Hots and run around jumping and just healing. If I want to DPS Ill play a DPS, I play a healer to heal.
    If all a healer was ever asked to do was to put out healing then why not make literally every melee attack of every mob do 50% tank hp?

Because spamming Flash heal is not engaging gameplay, that's why. I guess Classic people love spamming 1 ability on 1 target for 15 minutes but this is not up to modern standards.

If all a healer was ever asked to do was to put out healing then why not make literally every melee attack of every mob do 50% tank hp?

Because spamming Flash heal is not engaging gameplay, that's why. I guess Classic people love spamming 1 ability on 1 target for 15 minutes but this is not up to modern standards.
    That is why I loved Resto Druid I spammed 2 abilities on 25 people and kept them all alive, then let my Holy Priest keep the tanks alive.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Healer skill isnt hopping around throwing lifebloom and rejuv on a different raid member every global.

Healer skill is mana management. Healer skill is low to NO over healing. Healing efficiency in general. Healer skill is helping your dps do damage in down time, because why not?

The best healer ive ever played with maintained 100% mana, did as much dps as a lock with no haste amps , and never topped anyone off past 50% hp. lol.

I asked him once why he doesnt top people. His response: "so the group can see how bad you are when you die to mechanics. You dont need more than 50% HP in this dungeon if youre mechanically perfect."
    Last edited by Recovery; 2020-09-30 at 04:14 PM.

Bring back the Overflowing affix. Create "fire orbs" that you have to heal instead of kill. Add more creative debuffs so that you have to triage and control more when and what to dispell. Add mana management mechanics such as mana drain or mana gain. etc.

You can make the game more interactive and challenging for a healer in various ways, not just a flat increase in damage taken.