Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    They actually are and have been since they came out.
    They are trivial - Once you overgear them.

To many wow players would feel bad in one of the few forms of content that is for them would becime hard. Leave the outworld as a non scary themepark. We have arenas, mplus and raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Amariw View Post
    I'm not talking about timeless isle level of mechanic for every mob (though that'd be cool). Im talking about how when i go around doing worldquests, even with catchup gear, mobs just fall over and die in seconds. Forget low risk of dying, I'm never in much risk of even loosing much hp.

It was much more nuanced around wotlk-wod. Classes were powerful, and didn't have large downtime unlike classic. You'd still win dailies without much difficulty, but mobs could still put up some fight, especially if you pulled several. You actually had to be awake and click the proper buttons.
    Isn't that what gaming is about? Do people prefer it this way? Isn't combat in this game part of the fun? I'm genuinely curious, feel free to respond even if you're in favor of this godmode, blizz is seemingly on your side. just please help me understand why.

Editing cuzz a lot of people mentioning doing the zones with quest greens: i did it, qnd ye you're engaged. For a day. Then you get catchup gear and its trivial again. 8.3 zones stays somewhat bearable for longer but only if you Don't m+. If you do, its back to square one fairly early.

I know not everyone care for outdoors and that's ok, no need to force it. But i miss the Timeless Isle model where if you wanted engaging solo areas, you had them, and those that didn't want could just group or stick to the (frankly more rewarding) easy frog farming.

Another edit: I'm mostly talking solo content. Fun outdoor group content is nice but dungeons are just as good for that. What dungeons dont have are engaging (not impossibly hard, just a bit engaging) solo options, which wow used to provide loads of.
    Go play a priest. Whenever I swap to any of my other alts, I'm amazed at how much different it feels. Although, with the shadow revamp, there's a possibility that I won't feel like tissue paper any more.

The easy way to keep world content relevant is to have zones with elite mobs for max level chars only.
    They have done this in the past and it worked pretty well in Legion with the mobs in parts of Suramar.
    It actually makes sense that themed mobs (not just average horses and wildlife) would be a bit more difficult.
    However, as someone else said, some players may complain if that content isn't easily soloable.

It was much more nuanced around wotlk-wod. Classes were powerful, and didn't have large downtime unlike classic. You'd still win dailies without much difficulty, but mobs could still put up some fight, especially if you pulled several.
    I am 100% sure that's not true. I did the argent tournament until my mind went numb and I can guarantee you those mobs went down in a few hits.

I'm with InfiniteCharger though, that max level zones should be tougher and have some elites around to encourage grouping up. Still can't believe people whined about invading the homeworld of the burning legion and, gasp, there were a lot of demons that kept knocking them off their mounts without convenient safe paths! However will we overcome this? (ask your nearest leatherworker...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    It was never not trivial.
    Well - yes, it was not trivial at the start for normal players.

Same with shadowlands, some brutal world content out there ... until you out gear it of course.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

The idea that you're implying zones were harder in previous expansions than they are now is hilarious.

They implemented mob ilvl scaling in Legion (a hugely unpopular decision that served to do nothing but weaken players and waste your time) which makes them retain some level of health even at high levels.

I'm not talking about timeless isle level of mechanic for every mob (though that'd be cool). Im talking about how when i go around doing worldquests, even with catchup gear, mobs just fall over and die in seconds. Forget low risk of dying, I'm never in much risk of even loosing much hp.

It was much more nuanced around wotlk-wod. Classes were powerful, and didn't have large downtime unlike classic. You'd still win dailies without much difficulty, but mobs could still put up some fight, especially if you pulled several. You actually had to be awake and click the proper buttons.
    Isn't that what gaming is about? Do people prefer it this way? Isn't combat in this game part of the fun? I'm genuinely curious, feel free to respond even if you're in favor of this godmode, blizz is seemingly on your side. just please help me understand why.

Editing cuzz a lot of people mentioning doing the zones with quest greens: i did it, qnd ye you're engaged. For a day. Then you get catchup gear and its trivial again. 8.3 zones stays somewhat bearable for longer but only if you Don't m+. If you do, its back to square one fairly early.

I know not everyone care for outdoors and that's ok, no need to force it. But i miss the Timeless Isle model where if you wanted engaging solo areas, you had them, and those that didn't want could just group or stick to the (frankly more rewarding) easy frog farming.

Another edit: I'm mostly talking solo content. Fun outdoor group content is nice but dungeons are just as good for that. What dungeons dont have are engaging (not impossibly hard, just a bit engaging) solo options, which wow used to provide loads of.
    TO BE FAIR, I very well remember how 8.0's outdoor content (while leveling and at max lvl) was actually non-trivial... like there were definitely some challenges. The problem is just how quickly the power levels are rising with each patch and not really with the outdoor content itself, but that's really a different discussion which affects the game as a whole.

I'm not a big fan being some kind of demigod but story wise since we are these champions best of the best, some random mobs pig in a forest shouldn't give us a huge problem.

Harder open world usually happens at xpack or patch launch. Suramar in the early days of Legion was great for that, you usually couldn't overpower the guards if you were careless so you had to play by the zone's rules, especially in the elite-only area where most people ended up grouping or going tank spec. By 7.2 however we had grown so that the place was far easier and there was no need to be all that careful, plus we had flying to bypass the guards anyway. And that was totally fine with me, because while a dangerous open world is fun for a while, at some point you want to get things done, especially on an alt.

Nazjatar was also an example. When 8.2 launch it could be dangerous in places, with full EP gear a lot less so, now you buzzsaw through it, that's power growth and it feels good to come back and stomp the dicks that gave you trouble before.

But if you're expecting 3 boars to give you a rough fight where you're forced to sit and drink afterwards, Classic exists.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Whats more immersion breaking, trivial content or literal godslayers struggling to kill a couple of wolves?

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Whats more immersion breaking, trivial content or literal godslayers struggling to kill a couple of wolves?
    Those are some very mangy wolves tho
    Pretty sure i saw one of them carrying a knife too.

I gear up to kill things faster.. that's litterally the point of the entire game.

Adding any thing that would prevent me from killing things faster.. would retty much delete the core part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Those are some very mangy wolves tho
    Pretty sure i saw one of them carrying a knife too.
    I suppose one wouldn't except to get shanked by a wolf, I guess it would leave a gap in your defense if you aren't expecting a shank.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    I suppose one wouldn't except to get shanked by a wolf, I guess it would leave a gap in your defense if you aren't expecting a shank.
    Exactly, they're way more dangerous than titans and old gods.

If it really bugs you, you can just remove your gear or change it to last expansions gear.

I would much prefer to not spend all day doing trivial tasks though.

To me that was always the point; growing my character so that content, which previously seemed hard, becomes easier.
    But i do agree on one point; it doesn't need to be this severe. The powercreep over the course of BFA was just too much.

Sure sure dude, "hard outdoors content" How hard it is in classic for AQ stocked people to kill mobs? For shit gear alts even nazja mobs are still hard. For mains, you can have hordes of them trying to kill you.
    It has been the same in tbc, WotLK a well geared player could kill mobs who were supposed to be killed by tanks/bombs and not even take damage while doing it, cata was similar.
    MoP had timeless isle, where bis geared people could solo elites who would require party to kill.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like to do things that keep my hearbeat @ a low.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Sure sure dude, "hard outdoors content" How hard it is in classic for AQ stocked people to kill mobs? For shit gear alts even nazja mobs are still hard. For mains, you can have hordes of them trying to kill you.
    It has been the same in tbc, WotLK a well geared player could kill mobs who were supposed to be killed by tanks/bombs and not even take damage while doing it, cata was similar.
    MoP had timeless isle, where bis geared people could solo elites who would require party to kill.
    I personally don't really want the classic model. It was fun for its time but a lot of it is dependant on how slowly everyone regens. Not a bad design, and its good that you dont instantly regen even in BFA, but probably not quite fit for a modern game. Timeless isle on the other hand was much more interesting because while yes you could solo certain strong elites, it did require respecting their mechanics, and those mechanics often required dodging so much you'd be likely to pull more weak stuff (say the fire dragons near the flame sprites, or those same fire dragons flying near the Ordon elite yaungols). And there's a limit to how much of those extra pulled mobs you could handle, even on a well geared toon.

And while its true nazjatar and 8.3 aren't trivial for newly leveled alts, the problem is how quickly they do become pretty trivial. 8.3 stays somewhat decent for longer, but not much longer. Additionaly, there's barely any reason to kill those mobs anyway, there's no currency like timeless isle or mechagon, you just fly or mount, zerg some rares and you're off. Timeless Isle and Thunder Isle gave you reasons to stay and engage them, and was structured in a way that a lot of it wasnt constantly zerged. I wish they'd put some real zone currency in nazjatar and 8.3 where there are actual elites rather then mechagon, something for mount collection or solid catchup gear, and not just the dailies and 1-100 meter grind that doesnt really give you any reason to fight much.