Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    hahaha what?? You either didn't play Warlock, or just played it badly if you think they were underpowered in Wrath.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yeah no. That has always been a ridiculous reason for wanting other DPS specs of other classes to be "worse" just because "MUH HYBRID!".

    Many People play those classes specifically for the DPS spec.
    The fact that some noobs limit themselves to one spec does not justify making specs with multiple roles better at damaging than classes who can only damage.

    That is why, except for some outliners here and there, mages, warlocks and rogues tend to dominate the dps meters. As it should be.

    The only sketchy pure dps class is hunter, which usually isn't great.

  2. #42
    Stealthed Defender unbound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Posts
    6,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    Anyone who thinks hybrids should ever be in the top 5 is a degenerate. So yes, we should be at or near the top - all the time.
    rofl

    The only spec in this game that is a hybrid anymore is a Disc Priest.

    The ones that used to be considered hybrid haven't been true hybrids in many expansions now. An Ele Shaman can only heal something like 3 times before becoming OOM...which is only slightly more than a Lock rock, or Warrior healing, or Rogue healing, or Hunter healing. Furthermore, if they spend that time healing, they aren't doing damage because they are spending too many GCDs trying to heal. Meanwhile, the "non-hybrid" DPS at worst spends a GCD on healing and, for several, actually just uses a slightly lower damage skill to get their healing.

    Your argument may have had merit 15 years ago, but it is simply laughable today.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    rofl

    The only spec in this game that is a hybrid anymore is a Disc Priest.

    The ones that used to be considered hybrid haven't been true hybrids in many expansions now. An Ele Shaman can only heal something like 3 times before becoming OOM...which is only slightly more than a Lock rock, or Warrior healing, or Rogue healing, or Hunter healing. Furthermore, if they spend that time healing, they aren't doing damage because they are spending too many GCDs trying to heal. Meanwhile, the "non-hybrid" DPS at worst spends a GCD on healing and, for several, actually just uses a slightly lower damage skill to get their healing.

    Your argument may have had merit 15 years ago, but it is simply laughable today.
    The only one who is laughable is you as you are apparently incapable of understanding that the 'ele' shaman is a shaman. A shaman who can on the fly switch to restoration, if his raid needs him to.

    The Warlock or Mage can't. They can only damage and that's why they tend to do better than the Shaman at damaging. As it should be.

  4. #44
    Bloodsail Admiral Uzkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,215
    Nomen est omen. "Decimating Bolt" got decimated, and "Impending Catastrophe" truly was an impending catastrophe.

    Be ready to experience the awesome fantasy of Blue Angelic Warlock.

  5. #45
    I'm not sure why this silly hybrid card is being pulled out out of its grave.

    Know why Warlocks are generally strong as DPS option in raids? Because they have full 3 DPS specs and at least one of them is bound to be good. This is the advantage of pures vs hybrids.

    Blizzard does not tune non-pure DPS specs to underperform, if anything they actually stated in blue post they are trying to make hybrid DPS specs a bit more complete, because it's usually the only DPS option for a class.

    Pures don't need any special perks when it comes to DPS, because they already come with a huge perk of 3 DPS specs as opposed to 1 or 2. If Shadow is undertuned - that's the end of the road, if Aff is undertuned - can just switch to Destruction, i.e. 8.3.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    The only one who is laughable is you as you are apparently incapable of understanding that the 'ele' shaman is a shaman. A shaman who can on the fly switch to restoration, if his raid needs him to.

    The Warlock or Mage can't. They can only damage and that's why they tend to do better than the Shaman at damaging. As it should be.
    The warlock and mage can go to a alt and heal from there, basically the same. The ele shaman has to switch specs and role which has NOTHING to do with the ele sepc as it basically is another class.

    They don't "need" to be better. And haven't been since Wotlk. No idea why this ridicioulus idea is back again.
    Yes please lets invalidade EVERY dps spec of a healer class which are allready mostly only good in certain situations.
    A mage can switch around DPS Specs and every spec is mostly better at certain things.
    A ret paladin being bad at, e.g. Single target... well tough luck.

    But what about DH in that case? Make him do crap dmg oder tank bad? Which to make useless.

    No idea why people think making specs shitty will give anything to the game overall. If your only goal is to nerf everyone around you so you can be top... sorry for you. Must have been a few exhausting years for you

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    What the fuck does being a hybrid have to do with it?
    probably some classic chud who doesn't realise that the non-hybrids have better self healing nowadays then in classic.

  8. #48
    we still dont know if its general nerf or not, we can only tell that all covenant habilities are less impactful right now and thats good. we'll see if every other class is getting nerfed so we tune everything down a bit for the better

  9. #49
    Pandaren Monk bloodwulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    End of the Universe
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    The only one who is laughable is you as you are apparently incapable of understanding that the 'ele' shaman is a shaman. A shaman who can on the fly switch to restoration, if his raid needs him to.

    The Warlock or Mage can't. They can only damage and that's why they tend to do better than the Shaman at damaging. As it should be.

    Hybrid Tax is dead and should be dead. I am a warlock/mage main and think your line of thinking is pants on head...Just because they CAN switch to heals, does not mean that player 1. Wants to or 2. Knows how to. Pure DPS classes already typically get more spots in a raid than hybrid, but sure you want to punish the hybrids more just because they COULD potentially click a button to switch roles. Do you know how many players play a SPEC not a class? My wife is a hunter and since survival got gutted, she has played Beast Master and never once switched to Marks. I know multiple DKs and Warriors that have never played their tank specs ever. But sure punish them because of an available spec. None of those DPS specs for a hybrid class can sufficiently replace someone in a tank/healer role without significantly changing spec and playstyle. It's not like an elemental shaman will be able to DPS and top heals if they get buffed....
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

  10. #50
    Stood in the Fire Recovery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    rofl

    The only spec in this game that is a hybrid anymore is a Disc Priest.

    The ones that used to be considered hybrid haven't been true hybrids in many expansions now. An Ele Shaman can only heal something like 3 times before becoming OOM...which is only slightly more than a Lock rock, or Warrior healing, or Rogue healing, or Hunter healing. Furthermore, if they spend that time healing, they aren't doing damage because they are spending too many GCDs trying to heal. Meanwhile, the "non-hybrid" DPS at worst spends a GCD on healing and, for several, actually just uses a slightly lower damage skill to get their healing.

    Your argument may have had merit 15 years ago, but it is simply laughable today.
    Agreed. Pretty much all specs are hybrids these days, honestly.

    Every spec has a ridiculous self heal and defensives.

    The word hybrid actually meant something when there were clear definitions between dps and healer / tanks.

  11. #51
    Pandaren Monk bloodwulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    End of the Universe
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by msmollymillions View Post
    probably some classic chud who doesn't realise that the non-hybrids have better self healing nowadays then in classic.
    Agreed. Hybrids can't offrole near as effectively as they used to. Sure they can respec and use similar gear (not in BFA for sure, due to corruption/azerite powers) but most players have a preferred role. Unless they are in cutting edge situations, and then those players will just as likely switch toons as switch specs.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    "Hybrid" when used in gaming terminology usually means a class with a spec, mode, or talent tree that allows them to do more than just dps at a party level. Warlocks, like hunters, are a pure class in that all they can do is dps. In the early days of WoW coming off of other MMOs like UO the developers designed something called a hybrid tax, ensuring that classes like druids, paladins, shaman could never equal the pure classes out of some "jack of all trades master of none" mindset. A boomkin or ret pally would never match any rogue or mage, and a paladin would never be as good as tank as the warrior, which devs stated they wanted warriors to be the one true tank.
    Thanks for reminding me why classic and tbc are/were complete fucking garbage. ><
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

    yall im smh @ ur simplified english

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    What the fuck does being a hybrid have to do with it?
    hybrid is a meme and a joke,there is no such thing,its a dead concept since vanila,and even then there werent very hybrid

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    okay, but should a class with 3 DPS specs not have a 3x as high chance to be a good DPS class?
    Correct. Your role options should have no bearing on how well your role actually performs.

    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    If not, why have classes with 3 DPS specs then?
    Because you like the class...?

    How is this even a question?

  15. #55
    Rofl, people still think hybrid tax should exist. This game has no hybrids.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Technically Locks are a hybrid as they are a pet class. But they should basically be right under pure dps classes, which is still Top 5.
    Hybrid in WoW refers to classes that can fit multiple roles of the RPG trinity, namely Tank/DPS/Healer. A warlock is a not a hybrid due to having a pet, because they only fit the damage role.

  17. #57
    Good. Let Shadow priest be the FOTM that everyone and their mothers will play

  18. #58
    Warchief Lulbalance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Barely Duelist
    Posts
    2,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Pures don't need any special perks when it comes to DPS, because they already come with a huge perk of 3 DPS specs as opposed to 1 or 2. If Shadow is undertuned - that's the end of the road, if Aff is undertuned - can just switch to Destruction, i.e. 8.3.
    Yea, one of those perks should always be having at least one spec that does dps worthy of a class which only has dps to offer. If you want to one trick a class 33% efficiency - then you roll the dice. Similarly, I have no sympathy for pures who can only play 1 of their 3 specs and struggle. I'm not going to get into a paragraph for paragraph discussion on it with you because I don't care enough, I probably won't even see your reply.

    There's lot of other stupid sh^t being said in here about vanilla (???), self-healing and spec homogenization that aren't even worth referencing past a general eye roll.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    Anyone who thinks hybrids should ever be in the top 5 is a degenerate. So yes, we should be at or near the top - all the time.
    Hybrid tax is the most brain dead thing anyone has ever put in to an MMO. People shouldn't be punished for being versatile. They're already putting in far more work, especially in BfA, than pure classes.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    so... only rogue lock mage and hunters are allowed to be at the top?
    Yes, There is no reason for any Pure DPS spec to ever be out DPS'ed by a Hybrid. Otherwise their reason for even existing is null and void.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •