Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hybrid classes should do more DPS than pure DPS classes, so that more people play the hybrid classes which might mean they'll try other roles than DPS now and then, which will benefit the community.

It's also a "argument" (Not really) that LFR champs use to whine about their raidbots / sim rankings. Not actual real gameplay. Which is quite fun to read.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    problem is, blizzard is aware of this and actively takes care to ensure hybrids can do stuff. Meanwhile, blizzard can and does just balance one spec for single role classes and calls an audible on the rest of it, to the point where we've had blizz devs telling lock players "hey just don't play demo right now thanks"
    You're intentionally ignoring the context of that quote.
    They nerfed demo into oblivion that patch intentionally so no one would play it because they wanted meta to feel fresh when DH dropped in the next patch.
    Was it a cynical marketing-driven move that's not even vaguely ok? Yes. But let's not pretend such behavior is common or even the norm.
    Last edited by Saltysquidoon; 2020-11-01 at 12:27 PM.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Hybrid classes should do more DPS than pure DPS classes, so that more people play the hybrid classes which might mean they'll try other roles than DPS now and then, which will benefit the community.

It's also a "argument" (Not really) that LFR champs use to whine about their raidbots / sim rankings. Not actual real gameplay. Which is quite fun to read.
    If a class can dps, tank and/or heal, and does more dps than pure dps classes, why on earth would anyone pick a pure dps class then?!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerfall View Post
    If a class can dps, tank and/or heal, and does more dps than pure dps classes, why on earth would anyone pick a pure dps class then?!
    Note the following
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Melee dps classes should outdo ranged. If other classes that are ranged can also be the best dps, why bother with melee classes at all?

Facetiousness aside, locks having gate, summon and stones is enough unique utility to always make them mandatory in raids.
    Even if they didn't have that unique utility this statement has always been practically wrong because:
    1. You can't tank or heal and DPS at the same time (you still need a separate set of gear to do both optimally); and;
    2. Even though arms was better than every rogue spec last patch, more people were still playing muti.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Note the following
    Then perhaps I misunderstood the op.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    Anyone who thinks hybrids should ever be in the top 5 is a degenerate. So yes, we should be at or near the top - all the time.
    How the fuck is a warlock a hybrid?
    Can't tank, can't heal, just three dps specs...that's your version of a hybrid?
    Speaking of degens...
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    How the fuck is a warlock a hybrid?
    Can't tank, can't heal, just three dps specs...that's your version of a hybrid?
    Speaking of degens...
    That's not at all what he said. He said Hybrids should not be top 5 and then said We (implying Warlocks) should be at the top as a pure dps class. He is literally calling Warlocks a pure dps.
    Last edited by Espo; 2020-11-01 at 08:12 PM.

Hybridization died when they did away with the old talent trees. You cannot effectively spec into multiple roles at once anymore and haven't for expansions. Also, ever since the age of "borrowed power" began, I would argue it's EASIER to be effective at multiple roles by having multiple characters rather than specs simply because of how much of your weekly limits are restricted to powering up one particular spec.

Also, all this talk about how the pures were always top DPS in the past and things needing to go back that way just needs to stop. If you look at Classic logs, Warriors (who are a "hydrid" mind you) are a top 2 DPS on all but the smallest number of fights. More often than not they are THE top DPS. This while being the most (only?) viable raid tank. Hunters, a "pure," were never viable for their damage back then yet they found their way into raid groups. They simply filled certain roles just like every other class. You almost never bring a class simply because they have the highest numbers, else World Firsts would consist of 3-4 specs only.

You're intentionally ignoring the context of that quote.
    They nerfed demo into oblivion that patch intentionally so no one would play it because they wanted meta to feel fresh when DH dropped in the next patch.
    Was it a cynical marketing-driven move that's not even vaguely ok? Yes. But let's not pretend such behavior is common or even the norm.
    Yes, usually specs that are abysmal get radio silence rather than being told ahead of time that the devs are kneecapping the spec. Which is both the norm and also not even vaguely acceptable behavior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerfall View Post
    Because 98% of the playerbase doesn't pick their class by whats the FOTM/Meta.
    Hi

15+ Year Old Account
    Shadow Priest is next. They are gonna get hit soooo hard.
    BM needs a buff to keep up...right.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever
    Go Fast or Go Slow

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station Light or Battle Station Dark

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Technically Locks are a hybrid as they are a pet class. But they should basically be right under pure dps classes, which is still Top 5.
    Hybrid means heal or tank off-spec, IE, they can fulfill more than one role. Not because they have pets. How do you not know what hybrid means.... Jfc lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Some tuning adjustments are in flight for Warlocks in Shadowlands. These should be hitting the Beta soon (and of course the live game that will mirror the Beta in 6 hours).

Scouring Tithe damage reduced by 10% (Kyrian ability).
    Impending Catastrophe damage increased by 15% (Venthyr ability).
    Decimating Bolt damage increased by 15% (Necrolord ability).
    It cannot be said enough – thank you all for your testing and your thoughtful feedback.
    This makes me so happy, as a Destruction warlock I really didn’t want to go Kyrian.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=319375/...ability-tuning
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    This makes me so happy, as a Destruction warlock I really didn’t want to go Kyrian.

I saw those buffs to Venthur and Necrolord and became happy as hell. I didn't want to go Kyrian anyway.
    Last edited by Aggressive; 2020-11-23 at 09:54 PM.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Less than 4hrs to the release of the next xpac, after weeks and months of radio silence for warlocks. They nerf our best(ish) convenant and buff the ones they nerfed the f@#$ out of previously. How the hell is anyone supposed to have confidence in their choices. It's not like they've had a long time to get this stuff sorted Not the best feeling I had anticipated for the morning of launch honestly. In saying that I didn't want to be a smurf, but I also didn't want to get benched for a sub optimal convenant choice. /facepalm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laeroth View Post
    Less than 4hrs to the release of the next xpac, after weeks and months of radio silence for warlocks. They nerf our best(ish) convenant and buff the ones they nerfed the f@#$ out of previously. How the hell is anyone supposed to have confidence in their choices. It's not like they've had a long time to get this stuff sorted Not the best feeling I had anticipated for the morning of launch honestly. In saying that I didn't want to be a smurf, but I also didn't want to get benched for a sub optimal convenant choice. /facepalm
    I take it as a sign of the times, personally. Pick what you want to for now. It's going to change a few times over the life of the xpac, most likely.

In other words, I'm glad to at least feel better about not being a smurf. Wasn't going to do it to begin with, but it was a tough decision for me, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post

kyrian was hot garbage

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    kyrian was hot garbage

Indeed it was. Straight ass. It also, in my opinion, did not feel or have the look of a warlock.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned