Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    The fact, that you used words like "cucked" "Sheep" "pussyfooting" "hitler" and stuff leds me to believe the kick from your community was justified.

I have never had a constructive conversation with anyone who uses these words in a serious conversation.
    Nah, THEY compared me to hitler, not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Nah, THEY compared me to hitler, not the other way around.
    I knew you would get hung up on this. Thought about changing it.
    Rest still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    The fact, that you used words like "cucked" "Sheep" "pussyfooting" "hitler" and stuff leds me to believe the kick from your community was justified.

I have never had a constructive conversation with anyone who uses these words in a serious conversation.
    Have to agree with this.

Not just “random”, its sadly a growing problem in the Alliance.
    Well sadly the Alliance is dead so it just requires a couple.

I think it's fascinating that people think they can divide players into Horde or Alliance. A lot of them are the *same* players. Communities don't even just vary on a per server basis, but on a per GUILD basis. Find better people to play with. Saying Alliance are X and Horde is Y is completely illogical.

I tend to agree with the OP, but I don't believe it is an Alliance community problem, but rather a modern gamer problem as some of that attitude has bled into the Horde has well. My summary of it is that people simply take the game, its characters, and the actions therein far too seriously. People on this forum do the same thing when you show a pro-Horde or Sylvanas loyalist stance; such as equating you to Hitler or lecturing you about how genocide is wrong. They equate you, the player, to the character you play and the choices you make in game. It doesn't help that the games developers take the same stance. It's essentially a counter-bully culture that has in essence turned into its own brand of bullying and shaming.

All of that being said, I don't think it's the majority or anything. Most people just play the game for fun, do dumb and dickish things for fun, and aren't out trying to intentionally grief others in the process, and they certainly aren't taking the game and the lore serious enough to feel the need to post on forums about it.

Having long played the game as Horde I realised in BFA I'm far more forgiving for their atrocities than those of the Alliance. As I witnessed or was even tasked with questionable methods with my Alliance alt I felt like "guys, we're supposed to be better than this", where as with the Horde, marching on the night elves, I was like "this is pretty cool! Oh look, the tree is burning, neat!"

Perhaps that's the mindset of the mentioned discord community; perceiving themselves as the good, decent folk they find the hardliners among their ranks abhorrent. Not to say I think the Horde is evil, just... in development. All in all it feels like the Alliance is done, established, while the Horde is still work in progress. If I was mainly Alliance I guess I wouldn't be as forgiving, but as I'm not it's hard for me to assume that perspective. I can argue objectively, but when it comes to pure feels I am Horde and root for my side regardless if things get a little dark every now and then. In fact I kind of want my side to be rougher, proven by my disdain for the Rebels during the war (who are now the leaders of my faction...).

In any case, that community was the wrong sort for you. I'm sure there are Alliance folk out there who are more in line with the likes of Greymane and Rogers.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Having long played the game as Horde I realised in BFA I'm far more forgiving for their atrocities than those of the Alliance. As I witnessed or was even tasked with questionable methods with my Alliance alt I felt like "guys, we're supposed to be better than this", where as with the Horde, marching on the night elves, I was like "this is pretty cool! Oh look, the tree is burning, neat!"

Perhaps that's the mindset of the mentioned discord community; perceiving themselves as the good, decent folk they find the hardliners among their ranks abhorrent. Not to say I think the Horde is evil, just... in development. All in all it feels like the Alliance is done, established, while the Horde is still work in progress. If I was mainly Alliance I guess I wouldn't be as forgiving, but as I'm not it's hard for me to assume that perspective. I can argue objectively, but when it comes to pure feels I am Horde and root for my side regardless if things get a little dark every now and then. In fact I kind of want my side to be rougher, proven by my disdain for the Rebels during the war (who are now the leaders of my faction...).

In any case, that community was the wrong sort for you. I'm sure there are Alliance folk out there who are more in line with the likes of Greymane and Rogers.
    Its not even the Greymane and Rogers type of “action” i care about. Even if you take typical good-good Light-loving Paladin McShinypants they have to, you know, defeat evil, protect the innocents, avenge their comrades and all that. Its not even “grey”, Alliance cant reach the normal benchmark for a goodie two shoes protagonist of a children book for gods sake. The “heroic” stuff. Alliance cant even do that. Its pathetic, its wrong, its no fun to even look at let alone play.

- - - Updated - - -

Also let me simplify that.
    What bothers me:
    Post edgy comment in Alliance community: banned, shunned, called a hItLeR, ostracised, admonished. Fun - gone.
    Post edgy comment in Horde community: sylvanas did nuffin’ wrong, people join in, post more edgy stuff, fun goes on. Fun - increased.
    Is that simple enough?

OP, it's a form of battered woman syndrome. Blizzard has successfully convinced a lot of Alliance players that being doormats waiting to be slaughtered is good and noble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    OP, it's a form of battered woman syndrome. Blizzard has successfully convinced a lot of Alliance players that being doormats waiting to be slaughtered is good and noble.
    Sadly, yes. It was REALLY bizarre to be buffeted with “you are the evil one” when you clearly just tried to point out others being jerks. Its not bad to (with proofs) point out wrongdoing.

Someone who hates on their own faction then calls them cucks. Obvious troll is obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    Someone who hates on their own faction then calls them cucks. Obvious troll is obvious.
    Not at all. I love Alliance and it pains me to see them devolve into a bunch of self-defeatists. Faction has a lot of problems as is without scapegoating their own to try and appease horde.

Anyone that can't separate the plot of a video game from reality is the downside of any community.

To sum it up - you guys might be bad, but at least you aint sheep, cucks or other such endlessly pussyfooting and trembling over any “bad” word purists.
    People who talk like this aren't that great either, however.

I find the conflation of lore and players in this thread honestly really weird. The story is written by the writers, not the players- Horde players didn't commit "atrocities" nor did Alliance players "make peace with the Horde"- both Horde and Alliance are fictional constructs that act without any input from the players. If you've got toxic cross-faction interactions on your server then either move to another or find a guild of decent people to play with.

If you're talking about RP here then I'm sure you can find an "edgy" alliance rp guild if you look hard enough. The narrative does lend itself to more of such guilds existing on the Horde side but I would be surprised if there aren't still plenty of Alliance guilds that also fit that mould.

eh sounds like something more unique to that discord... i know plenty of alliance that hate the horde and how the alliance has let them off time and time again, including myself.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I have to concur with the above, that sounds like something unique to that specific Alliance community and not Alliance (or any other) communities in general. Generally speaking, it's pretty common for partisan communities to hate on "the other side" with abandon most of the time. This subforum itself is an example of that, with Alliance partisans casting aspersions on the Horde (and sometimes Horde players) and the Horde partisans doing likewise with pretty much the same frequency. Although there's always a possibility you can go too far with either communities, of course; especially if you start crossing lines of decency or basic morality with your insulting language.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

F-ing LoL. I've been called "a literal Nazi" by plenty of Alliance players. If that community tries to rise above, good on them. It's pretty clear why you got kicked, what with your use of words (cucked, really?) and such.

But most communities hate on "the others". Be it Alliance vs Horde, Cat people vs Dog people etc...

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    F-ing LoL. I've been called "a literal Nazi" by plenty of Alliance players.
    As a professed non-partisan, I think I've been accused of every kind of bias possible. I have a main on both factions to take in both sides of the story, as it were; especially in cases with the story is highly divergent such as during BfA and MoP. I've not been called a literal Nazi yet, though; but I assume it's just a matter of time.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Tharivor View Post
    I find the conflation of lore and players in this thread honestly really weird. The story is written by the writers, not the players- Horde players didn't commit "atrocities" nor did Alliance players "make peace with the Horde"- both Horde and Alliance are fictional constructs that act without any input from the players. .
    Thank you! Someone has some common sense on here...

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, yes. It was REALLY bizarre to be buffeted with “you are the evil one” when you clearly just tried to point out others being jerks. Its not bad to (with proofs) point out wrongdoing.
    No, it's not me....it's everyone else who is wrong!