Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Alliance community main downside.

As a mostly Alliance player (at least post-BfA) i dont usually side with the horde or praise them over Alliance. However i have to give credit (and a BIG) one where credit is due - horde really nails it with their community and i dont mean Raiding or PvP but rather “lore and plot related” stuff. Not some hardcore “deep” speculations but rather general “fan level” involvement.
    It kinda came to me when i got banned in the supposedly Alliance oriented discord for not being nice to horde and having a “aggressive” position towards it.
    Take a look at sylvanas loyalists for one , or any pro-war horde fans. That is what healthy community looks like - they dont kick their own for saying stuff like “death to Alliance” or “yeah, fuck those blue scrubs”. Or hell, even simply being open about your stance on faction conflict WITHOUT using swear words and insults.
    Meanwhile in Alliance community exists that weird cucked idea that being unpleasant to horde players makes you “hitler”. And even those who claim to have Alliance interests in their hearts more often then not degrade over time into sheep (no other word can express that state, really) bleating pointlessly about “they are good people” or “we should not offend” and such. I thought it was purely Anduin’s point of view aka NPCs exasperated stance that is not applied to actual fans but alas.
    To sum it up - you guys might be bad, but at least you aint sheep, cucks or other such endlessly pussyfooting and trembling over any “bad” word purists. You can actually have fun in a COMPETITIVE game without being afraid of making your opponent feel bad cause you are “rude” towards them. Alliance needs more people like that.

So you're coming to a random community to complain about a random discord community?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Alliance are scum. I used to play alliance, until I didn't anymore and I can't bring myself to play alliance ever again. They're always in groups of 5+ ganking people near quest hubs. You see an undergeared alliance and leave them in peace, but as soon as more alliance start arriving that undergeared one will be the first one to jump you. I never experienced such cowardly behavior from horde players in all the time I played alliance, which btw is significantly more(not even close) than the time I've played horde.

5+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for sharing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Alliance are scum. I used to play alliance, until I didn't anymore and I can't bring myself to play alliance ever again. They're always in groups of 5+ ganking people near quest hubs. You see an undergeared alliance and leave them in peace, but as soon as more alliance start arriving that undergeared one will be the first one to jump you. I never experienced such cowardly behavior from horde players in all the time I played alliance, which btw is significantly more(not even close) than the time I've played horde.
    Literally see this kind of crap from Horde all the time. Both factions do it, regularly.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    So you're coming to a random community to complain about a random discord community?
    Not just “random”, its sadly a growing problem in the Alliance.

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I fail to understand a childish rant about "trash talking" connection to lore?! someone enlighten me please! :P

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Not just “random”, its sadly a growing problem in the Alliance.
    I think the bigger problem is your overuse of the word "cuck" and general toxic attidude. Alliance players being nice isn't a "problem".

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I think the bigger problem is your overuse of the word "cuck" and general toxic attidude. Alliance players being nice isn't a "problem".
    Being a purist is not being “nice”, its prosecuting your own in a futile attempt to appease your opponent in a setting where it is not feasible. Its denying your “darker” or “edgier” side fun because you always afraid of offending someone. Too much nice is not nice at all, its weird.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post
    I fail to understand a childish rant about "trash talking" connection to lore?! someone enlighten me please! :P
    Oh, its more about how one fanbase is allowed to be as loud and proud as they can get and another constantly trying to police itself, stomping out any fun or “dumb” fun even.

Being a purist is not being “nice”, its prosecuting your own in a futile attempt to appease your opponent in a setting where it is not feasible. Its denying your “darker” or “edgier” side fun because you always afraid of offending someone. Too much nice is not nice at all, its weird.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, its more about how one fanbase is allowed to be as loud and proud as they can get and another constantly trying to police itself, stomping out any fun or “dumb” fun even.
    If I had to choose between a community that calls other people cucks or sheeps and one that doesn't, which do you think I would pick? Which is the more mature choice?

Take a look at sylvanas loyalists for one , or any pro-war horde fans. That is what healthy community looks like - they dont kick their own for saying stuff like “death to Alliance” or “yeah, fuck those blue scrubs”. Or hell, even simply being open about your stance on faction conflict WITHOUT using swear words and insults.
    Well, this might have something to do with the amount of pro-war/kill-all-alliance/Teldrassil-was-great lobbyists on Horde side, including the mods in that Discord. The Horde has always been drawing these people a lot more then the Alliance. Personally my skin crawls when I see some of them defending their genocidal ideas.

To sum it up - you guys might be bad, but at least you aint sheep, cucks or other such endlessly pussyfooting and trembling over any “bad” word purists. You can actually have fun in a COMPETITIVE game without being afraid of making your opponent feel bad cause you are “rude” towards them. Alliance needs more people like that.
    Might be a problem in that Discord community. I certainly have no reservation about making the Horde apologists feel bad, but I hugely prefer the Alliance playerbase over the Horde representatives I have met.

If we’re talking RP, you can be in-character hostile to the opposite faction while out-of-character being respectful and honourable to other players.

It’s best not to get the two mixed up, and might be why you were removed from the discord server?

Quote Originally Posted by Peacemoon View Post
    If we’re talking RP, you can be in-character hostile to the opposite faction while out-of-character being respectful and honourable to other players.

It’s best not to get the two mixed up, and might be why you were removed from the discord server?
    No, while it might appear so the reason of me being removed was me being “rude” because i called out those horde posters there who previously were pro-sylvanas and genocide apologists and gave proof in form of their own posts on Forums and things went downhill and i got kicked to appease them.

No, while it might appear so the reason of me being removed was me being “rude” because i called out those horde posters there who previously were pro-sylvanas and genocide apologists and gave proof in form of their own posts on Forums and things went downhill and i got kicked to appease them.
    Oh okay. Well this sounds more like a community spat than anything Alliance-specific.

Also if it is a cross-faction discord server, the moderators are probably trying hard to keep it harmonious, otherwise the whole thing can break down very easily (and quickly).
    Sometimes you need to know which battles are worth fighting.

A lot of good Horde people tried to give Sylvanas the benefit of the doubt. Both for IC reasons and also because Blizzard said she wasn’t going to be another Garrosh. Personally Teldrassil was the moment I hated her, but maybe others took longer to realise and bought into her war mongering. Doesn’t mean they are responsible for what she did.

3+ Year Old Account
    I'm really sorry you came across people like that. The Horde community is like that too, sadly. You need to be very, very careful when queing up for dungeons/m+/battlegrounds
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Orc apologists need to be deported from the alliance TBH.
    Censorship apologists deserve [REDACTED]

As a mostly Alliance player (at least post-BfA) i dont usually side with the horde or praise them over Alliance. However i have to give credit (and a BIG) one where credit is due - horde really nails it with their community and i dont mean Raiding or PvP but rather “lore and plot related” stuff. Not some hardcore “deep” speculations but rather general “fan level” involvement.
    It kinda came to me when i got banned in the supposedly Alliance oriented discord for not being nice to horde and having a “aggressive” position towards it.
    Meanwhile in Alliance community exists that weird cucked idea that being unpleasant to horde players makes you “hitler”. And even those who claim to have Alliance interests in their hearts more often then not degrade over time into sheep (no other word can express that state, really) bleating pointlessly about “they are good people” or “we should not offend” and such. I thought it was purely Anduin’s point of view aka NPCs exasperated stance that is not applied to actual fans but alas.
    The fact, that you used words like "cucked" "Sheep" "pussyfooting" "hitler" and stuff leds me to believe the kick from your community was justified.

I have never had a constructive conversation with anyone who uses these words in a serious conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    I think you are talking about the horde. Or alliance. or maaaaaaaybe both factions.

10+ Year Old Account
    So...you're talking about lore and plot...and you're mad that Alliance players are being loyal to the lore and the plot? In case you haven't noticed most of the Alliance wants peace...even Moira was talking about peace.

Sounds like a shit discord community if they can't handle a different opinion.

I'd find a different one.