Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    As a professed non-partisan, I think I've been accused of every kind of bias possible. I have a main on both factions to take in both sides of the story, as it were; especially in cases with the story is highly divergent such as during BfA and MoP. I've not been called a literal Nazi yet, though; but I assume it's just a matter of time.
    Same, got 50+ characters, pretty evenly divided between the factions. Although hopefully you missed out on the most intense flood of Alliance hatred on here, now that we're at the end of the expansion. <.<

The "literal Nazi"-comments came from a thread where I admitted that I wouldn't faction change my main, leaving my raiding guild behind, despite finding the burning of Teldrassil to be horrible.

I don't mind faction pride, unless it goes so far that people will ACTUALLY start to hate human beings playing the other faction... That's just a whole new level of pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    My favorite posts on here are the ones when Horde cry about how mean the alliance was to them in pvp. As if the last 12 years of this shit hasn't been your faction mostly doing this crap to people.
    People's experiences are different.

Saying one side does it more than the other is based in... what, exactly? Anecdotal evidence at best?

PEOPLE do it, because PEOPLE are what they are regardless of what fictional faction they choose to play in a f-ing PG13 game. Someone playing Horde only will naturally only notice when Alliance players are ganking and trolling. Flipped for the other faction.

Someone playing both factions pretty much equally (like me) will be seeing the behaviour in equal measure. The faction means jack shit as far as trolling, ganking and toxicity goes. Suggesting that it does, is just childish and harkens right back to the "us vs them"-crap that human beings love oh so much.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-10-01 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    As a mostly Alliance player (at least post-BfA) i dont usually side with the horde or praise them over Alliance. However i have to give credit (and a BIG) one where credit is due - horde really nails it with their community and i dont mean Raiding or PvP but rather “lore and plot related” stuff. Not some hardcore “deep” speculations but rather general “fan level” involvement.
    It kinda came to me when i got banned in the supposedly Alliance oriented discord for not being nice to horde and having a “aggressive” position towards it.
    Take a look at sylvanas loyalists for one , or any pro-war horde fans. That is what healthy community looks like - they dont kick their own for saying stuff like “death to Alliance” or “yeah, fuck those blue scrubs”. Or hell, even simply being open about your stance on faction conflict WITHOUT using swear words and insults.
    Meanwhile in Alliance community exists that weird cucked idea that being unpleasant to horde players makes you “hitler”. And even those who claim to have Alliance interests in their hearts more often then not degrade over time into sheep (no other word can express that state, really) bleating pointlessly about “they are good people” or “we should not offend” and such. I thought it was purely Anduin’s point of view aka NPCs exasperated stance that is not applied to actual fans but alas.
    To sum it up - you guys might be bad, but at least you aint sheep, cucks or other such endlessly pussyfooting and trembling over any “bad” word purists. You can actually have fun in a COMPETITIVE game without being afraid of making your opponent feel bad cause you are “rude” towards them. Alliance needs more people like that.
    The alliance absolutely does not need more people like that. There's a massive difference between wanting a darker story and acting like an edgy loser. Wanting a story a story that is actually morally gray with characters on both sides doing darker things is normal. Posting "Death to the Alliance" and "Yeah, fuck those blue scrubs" just makes you a sperg that needs to get laid.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-10-01 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

Both sides do it. It has nothing to do with faction's choices.

I do play the factions equally and in my experience no, it is not equal. Anytime I tried leveling an Alliance character in Outland the NPCs were commonly wiped out. When I leveled as Horde they were almost always there. On pvp servers when I leveled as Horde I was mostly left alone. As Alliance I was usually jumped several times and camped. Now does it happen on both factions? Of course. But I think it's silly to try and say it's perfectly equal. I mean just look at BfA. Blizzard had to implement a WM bonus AND quest that offered gear because Alliance characters didn't even bother turning it on. Why do you think that is?
    The introduction of the WM bonus does not confirm your anecdotal evidence as fact.

I have experienced the same shit across both factions. Do I keep a spreadsheet to track the prevalence? No, but I would definitely react if I was prohibited from playing on either faction. I don't have confirmstion bias in either direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargrik View Post
    Both sides do it. It has nothing to do with faction's choices.
    Indeed. People simply go more by emotions than logic on this topic.

Why is it my PoV is "anecdotal evidence" but yours isn't? I actually have in-game systems to support my argument that the Alliance gets shit on more than the Horde did in world pvp. What do you have?
    My evidence is also anecdotal, my bias however is not so big that I have to cite a feature as some sort of evidence that one faction has worse behaviour than the other.

Your anecdotal evidence says one thing, mine another and I shared it as counterweight. Clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Alliance are scum. I used to play alliance, until I didn't anymore and I can't bring myself to play alliance ever again. They're always in groups of 5+ ganking people near quest hubs. You see an undergeared alliance and leave them in peace, but as soon as more alliance start arriving that undergeared one will be the first one to jump you. I never experienced such cowardly behavior from horde players in all the time I played alliance, which btw is significantly more(not even close) than the time I've played horde.
    You do realize that the reason alliance are likely to be in larger groups is because they have to be in larger groups because of the vast horde overpopulation right? Questing alone as an alliance on warmode is essentially a death sentence.

Oh ffs, cba with this. Can't quote (just seeing weird symbols and don't know if others see them broken as well) so I'll leave this here.

I like how you decided that I was "talking down to you", rather than simply addressing what's been said and what you've posted.

The only theory the WM bonus supports, is that not enough Alliance players engage in PVP without it. You can then choose to say that it supports YOUR bias about Horde players being worse than Alliance, but it doesn't give any more weight to your anecdotal evidence.

I shared my evidence the same way you did, yet you claim I shared it as a fact. That to me, says it all and brings me right back to the point on confirmation bias. The argument one possibly could accept is that seeing bad behaviour from the opposite faction becomes more common on the smaller side vs the larger side. But that holds true on servers with more Alliance than Horde too. My most trolled, griefed period of playing this game, was as Horde on an Alliance-dominated server back when PVP servers were still a thing. Because people, are people.

To cite yourself: Okey dokey.

You keep believing what you believe if it makes you happy. People always do.

Peace!
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-10-01 at 07:17 PM. Reason: If it's all just weird symbols I'll delete it later.

Meanwhile in Alliance community exists that weird cucked idea that being unpleasant to horde players makes you “hitler”.
    Sounds like you have weak-minded, virtue signaling group.

Also, stop complaining, no one likes a whiny loser.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-10-01 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

I love how you keep talking down to me. Makes this so fun. You didn't share your evidence "as a counterweight". You shared it as a fact, and said repeatedly my opinion is based on nothing but bias and emotions, (which it isn't as I already stated I play both factions) and that yours isn't so we should all just listen to you.
    First time talking to QoH?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    No, it's not me....it's everyone else who is wrong!
    If by “everyone else” you mean an admin and a horde guy then yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    If by “everyone else” you mean an admin and a horde guy then yes.
    I guess they must of hacked your community, taken admin positions, and banned you because of some crazy vendetta!

But you're obviously are just gonna tell yourself whatever you want and made this thread for attention

And kudos on skipping my last post because it didn't fit your narrative!

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    I guess they must of hacked your community, taken admin positions, and banned you because of some crazy vendetta!

But you're obviously are just gonna tell yourself whatever you want and made this thread for attention

And kudos on skipping my last post because it didn't fit your narrative!
    Abundance of emojis and general level of obnoxiousness does nothing to prove your point over mine.
    And no, it was not “my” community. Admin was there prior to me coming there. Also admin became increasingly biased due to being pressured by the need to “maintain peace” and over time led to “exile” of several people from Alliance side of the community because he deemed that easier then to try and sort out the reason of arguments and so on. If you dont believe that such scenario is possible, real or can happen in a discord community then its your problem, not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    First time talking to QoH?
    Pot, meet kettle.

As a mostly Alliance player (at least post-BfA) i dont usually side with the horde or praise them over Alliance. However i have to give credit (and a BIG) one where credit is due - horde really nails it with their community and i dont mean Raiding or PvP but rather “lore and plot related” stuff. Not some hardcore “deep” speculations but rather general “fan level” involvement.
    It kinda came to me when i got banned in the supposedly Alliance oriented discord for not being nice to horde and having a “aggressive” position towards it.
    Take a look at sylvanas loyalists for one , or any pro-war horde fans. That is what healthy community looks like - they dont kick their own for saying stuff like “death to Alliance” or “yeah, fuck those blue scrubs”. Or hell, even simply being open about your stance on faction conflict WITHOUT using swear words and insults.
    Meanwhile in Alliance community exists that weird cucked idea that being unpleasant to horde players makes you “hitler”. And even those who claim to have Alliance interests in their hearts more often then not degrade over time into sheep (no other word can express that state, really) bleating pointlessly about “they are good people” or “we should not offend” and such. I thought it was purely Anduin’s point of view aka NPCs exasperated stance that is not applied to actual fans but alas.
    To sum it up - you guys might be bad, but at least you aint sheep, cucks or other such endlessly pussyfooting and trembling over any “bad” word purists. You can actually have fun in a COMPETITIVE game without being afraid of making your opponent feel bad cause you are “rude” towards them. Alliance needs more people like that.
    How odd, i've only ever played alliance yet never encountered this.
    Then again i tend not to tolerate groups that attempt to control me like that, i'd just make my own if i were you.

Then again i'm also not much into the whole empty shittalking - let deeds speak, they are always at least as loud.
    And if one bothers with words: make sure they're truthful, then at least they might approach the potency of deeds. ^^

Sigh... your personal experience with one community does not equal the alliance.
    Heck, if it's such a place, it might have rules you likely ignored.

My experience playing both sides is that it's the same. There are "unpleasant" people on both sides and there are pleasant people on both sides.
    Actually, despite what some try to pass, horde has always felt more juvenile to me. But, that is my personal opinion, just like yours.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-10-02 at 03:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Alliance are scum. I used to play alliance, until I didn't anymore and I can't bring myself to play alliance ever again. They're always in groups of 5+ ganking people near quest hubs. You see an undergeared alliance and leave them in peace, but as soon as more alliance start arriving that undergeared one will be the first one to jump you. I never experienced such cowardly behavior from horde players in all the time I played alliance, which btw is significantly more(not even close) than the time I've played horde.
    Odd iv seen horde do that all the time lol

Let's hear what Dee has to say about Alliance players:
    --- snip ---

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-10-02 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Since it's been moved to the lore forum, let me quote Alliance's best Shaman. As Nobundo once said, "Everything that is, is HORDE BIAS". So it's no wonder that an Alliance Discord community is infected by it as well. Discord as a whole runs on HORDE BIAS too, it's the core part of its programming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    People on the internet can be vindictive, petty shitwipes when you introduce almost-complete anonymity and give them an audience. Other news: Usenet no longer popular, Geocities obsolete, and there's this crazy new thing called Facebook that took down MySpace.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!