Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbound Bloodhound View Post
    What do you do when the thing you like performs so badly you are seriously hamstringing yourself and the group?

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't done any endgame content but to be honest, it's hard to imagine there are no issues. There have to be some issues, unless their hardest content isn't that hard.
    The Extreme Content is hard AF. More about Mechanics than anything. DPS is important, but Mechanics are more important.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

No. I've found out that giving your best and being a good player usually beats the classical icy-veins reading meta whore, that doesn't even understand why talent x and y are picked. I play the class/spec I want and calculate the best stats for the talents I wanna play with myself. If there is still someone performing better than me, because he took the fotm talents he earned it. Good for him! Also not being #1 doesn't mean I'm crippling my group.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't change classes depending on "meta", then again I'm maining a mage, a class that will be relevant one way or another. I do however play the best performing spec(s), even if that means I have to change spec from one boss to another. I love all 3 specs of my class, so the more variety the merrier. Though I do hate it when I need to get gear with different stat prios. Performance is important to me especially during mythic progress, and one part of it is playing the best performing spec.

I do however experiment with the other specs during farm or when I'm fed up with the top performer, just to break the ice a little.
    Last edited by Amaterasu65; 2020-10-01 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    So lets play devils advocate. Most times, meta classes are higher dps because they don't always have much utility. Is it better to follow the meta classes to be higher dps or play another dps that may bring more utility, and good(not top) dps. As for the competition between same classes, be honest.. meters are meters, people look at the top and ridicule the bottom.. not as much in guild but if they have to drop weight, they always look at the lowest and unless you bring utility to the raid, you sit.
    No, most times meta classes are higher DPS because Blizzard is awful at balancing. Utility has very little to do with it. Strats get built around the utility that you have available, rarely the other way around. The common meta classes also happen to have immunities, gateway and raid buffs as well, which helps.

And yes, it's fun to joke around about people's DPS in guild raids, but the actual competition is within your spec both in guilds and on Warcraftlogs. Is it fun to make fun of guildies for losing to "bad" specs? Absolutely. Is that an actual relevant comparison? No.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

It's all about the RP theme for me. I typically never respec a toon because they were conceptualized in a certain way when I made them.

Nope.

Never have, never will.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Nah I'm the kind of player that haven't ever changed spec or class for the past 10 years, I never cared for the meta. The only thing that could make me change is either Tinkers or they delete Warlocks.
    ^I can relate to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    I tend to play a solo game experience.... as in no guild....and just using a group finder for team required content. I listen to raiding friends that keep me informed of the FOTM meta builds but it has no bearing on me. I like to play the classes that I find interesting from lore or concept.