Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    • The Chronicles of Narnia. I had both the all in one compendium, and the audiobooks. I listened to the audiobooks over and over and over again. I think I listened to The Horse and His Boy, Prince Caspian, The Silver Chair, and the Last Battle the most. Magician's Nephew was kind of boring and I can barely remember what happened in Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I'm getting the itch to listen to them again.
    • The Hobbit. Great adventure story.
    • Dragonlance. I had the original Chronicles Trilogy, the sequel Legends Trilogy, the War of Souls Trilogy, and a few other books. Chronicles is the best. Legends is a good continuation. War of Souls was... a thing. I think Legends was a good ending for the series... but then they just had to go on to trash the setting and kill off the characters I loved with Summer Flame and War of Souls.

Where the Wild Things are
    the Shel Silverstein books

i cant remember the name of them, but a group of like 5 books of kid detectives, the girl was great at asking questions and sleuthing and the boy was a great drawer and eye for detail

other classics, tom sawyer/robinson Crusoe/moby dick/paul bunyan/etc, there was this preteen series of hardbacks, musta had 20-25 of them
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really remember any specifics but I remember really enjoying the Warrior series until I was like 13 or so, I also enjoyed some of the Deltora Quest books.

Just had a blast from the past;

I used to fantasize living on a farm oblivious to the reality of such a life.
    Last edited by Shadowferal; 2020-11-11 at 12:45 AM.

The Goosebumps series by R. L. Stine.

The books had multiple scenarios iirc that let you skip to page x to continue based upon your own choices of how you wanted the story to go.

Do comic books count?

This series was probably my favorite. The Matthew Looney Series. Matthew Looney and his kind live on the Earth moon. They thought that the earth had a toxic environment and that there was no life on earth. The first book is about Matthew Looney going to earth. I read these books several times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    American here.
    And I do believe I still own a Secret Seven book. I distinctly remember asking my mother "What's Guy Fawkes Night?" She didn't know either.

- - - Updated - - -

O..a favorite series, one of them anyway;

Wow, I have not seen that book in forever! I actually got in trouble in grade school for checking this out of the school library too many times. Wasn't allowed to check it out ever again. Good times, good times...

Anyways, the Choose Your Own Adventure books was my go to. There was some fantasy ones that were a series too but I can't remember the name of it. Ed Emberley's drawing books too, if those count.
    Last edited by sirmixalot; 2020-11-11 at 01:40 AM. Reason: more words

15+ Year Old Account

My Grandma started sending me Hardy Boy books when I was 7 and my family lived overseas. I ended up reading the whole series at some point.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Enid Blayton (Secret Seven and Five Friends series), almost everything of Jules Verne, lots of comics (from Disney and Looney Toons to Asterix, Tin Tin and Lucky Luke).
    /spit@Blizzard

I used to read Batman and Spider-man comics as well.

5+ Year Old Account

The Stinky Cheese Man
    The Care Bears Party Cookbook

Let's see from 4-6: Grimm's Fairy Tales, Aesop's Fables, Hans Christian Andersen, C.S. Lewis, 1001 Arabian Nights. 7-11 I devoured Hardy Boys and and novelizations like Super-man and Ghostbusters. From 11-14 I found that I had a real passion for Mythology and World Religions read every text I could find Bulfinch's Mythology, 3 versions of the Bible, the Torah, the Quran, Elder and Poetic Eddas. 14-17 I delved deeper into Fantasy HP Lovecraft, DragonLance, Forgotten Realms, Sword of Truth, Alexander Dumas, and probably tons of others that I have forgotten.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.