Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Daikatana, and Postal 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything Mario related, anything Zelda related anything final fantasy related..

I'm a Sonic/ Crash Bandicoot/ Spyro type of guy :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Perhaps more teenage years than childhood but original Neverwinter Nights was massive disappointment after heavy hitters like BG, Fallout and Icewind dale.
    Especially since it came out around the same time as Morrowind.

Quote Originally Posted by Zylos View Post
    Dunno, I played it at a friend's house as they had an N64 and I didn't (but we hung out like daily). It was so long ago I barely remember much other than being constantly frustrated.
    Respectfully, I don't think this is the basis for a thorough and insightful assessment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitly Mario.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Polymorphin View Post
    Thats what i wanted to say as i red "Goldeneye". You had to change the control scheme then you would move with the yellow buttons. It was like wasd movement. Goldeneye and Perfect Dark were the only 2 shooters i enjoyed playing with a controller.
    This is exactly correct. Those are the only two video games in the FPS genre that actually played superbly on a console platform. Every other FPS genre shooter on a console is either worse than or the lesser than the KBM gameplay control schema objectively.

Habit leads people to think otherwise, but it is a faulty assessment and often experientially anecdotal.

dragons dogma...what a shit game man

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    Goldeneye (N64).

I enjoyed it, but I wouldn't even consider it in my top 20 as far as N64 games go.
    I don't think i even had 20 n64 games lol. Mario, goldeneye, ocarina of time, majoras mask. maybe a krash bandicoot.

As much as I liked them, I think Mario games are severely overrated. Great, massive impact on gaming, however whenever I see them listed as GOAT contenders on various outlets I die a bit inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    This is exactly correct. Those are the only two video games in the FPS genre that actually played superbly on a console platform. Every other FPS genre shooter on a console is either worse than or the lesser than the KBM gameplay control schema objectively.

Habit leads people to think otherwise, but it is a faulty assessment and often experientially anecdotal.
    Huh as a little kid I don't think I ever considered using the yellow keys for movement. I always thought it was fine with the analog stick haha

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Respectfully, I don't think this is the basis for a thorough and insightful assessment.
    Right it's an opinion based on personal experience, just like everything else in this thread. Lot's of people like it, I just don't get the hype.

Got to be Halo for me.

Its always so praised and people say its the first to do this or that, and I just thought it was nonsense. It was great if you never played a FPS before or if you didn't play Goldeneye,PD, or Turok on N64. Its not to say it isn't good, because it is, its just way over hyped. It wasn't some revolutionary game, and really it was barely an evolution, even compared to console titles.

StarCraft... I played a few RTS games but StarCraft just didn't resonate with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    dragons dogma...what a shit game man

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think i even had 20 n64 games lol. Mario, goldeneye, ocarina of time, majoras mask. maybe a krash bandicoot.
    Not to say I disagree with Dragons Dogma, but it was barely rated highly by anyone. It was an alright game to hop into and play if you were tired of Oblivion/Skyrim being the only options. It did some things kind of cool, the follower system, long cast on powerful spells, but i don't think many people even remember it. Which makes me wonder why Netflix would option it for their growing library of shitty anime/video game movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    You shut your whore mouth
    This guy is going all out.

OT: I'd say the entire CoD franchise. It's just never been good really. Also most Pokemon games. Though I'd say most games from that time are probably a bit overrated these days due to childhood nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Huh as a little kid I don't think I ever considered using the yellow keys for movement. I always thought it was fine with the analog stick haha
    TIL some people played Goldeneye incorrectly. I'm in shambles. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask.
    Totally agree they were getting 9/10 out of 10 from everyone but were just not that great imo.

Edit: I absolutely loved the previous Zelda games especially the NES ones.

I honestly just didn't care much for most N64 games with the exception of Mario Kart and Pokemon Stadium.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    You shut your whore mouth
    imagine getting banned for what is probably one of the most common jokes in the history of jokes. These mods are fucking simps

Most of these replies are less "games are overrated" and more "I don't like this game/genre but everyone else does"

Not a huge fan of OoT myself but I think it got all the praise it deserved since you know in 1998 the number of 3D open world action RPGs were exactly 0 especially on a console..I would more prefer to say it aged REALLY badly (like most N64 games)

Skyrim is one I could say in the "games everyone likes but I don't" just cause..eh didn't really appeal to me. Wont say its overrated I do believe it deserves all the praise it gets I just don't like it

for an ACTUALLY overrated game I'll just point at FF7 and Persona 5..I love both but found their predecessors as a little better (or some sequels in FF7s case)

Any Mortal Kombat, Doom and GTA.