Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Friends, and a lot of the dumb husband hot/smart wife sitcoms, early south park but i still liked it

from adulthhood

Always Sunny, Family Guy et al, the office (american) is a sin and blasphemy agaisnt God unfunny, and horrendously bad shit, get rid of Jim and Dwight maybe slightly bad, it makes me ill thinking of that show
    I cant imagine being this wrong about something. To each their own I guess

- - - Updated - - -

Full House was awful, Mad About You (talk about zero chemistry between the leads), I never liked how in Everybody Loves Raymond they always treated his wife as the bad guy and Ray lets his family disrespect her and their marriage constantly

Probably Full House... Bob Saget just sucks, and there was too much reliance on the Olsen Twins for their 'cute' factor.

It's just so cringy with its over the top cheesiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Frasier holds up far better than Seinfeld IMO.
    I absolutely loved Frasier.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-10-06 at 01:22 PM.

My childhood was in the really early 80's (born in 1977). There were a few cartoons that were crap. Silverhawks was the one that I desperately hated for being a 1-to-1 direct rip off of Thundercats but my friends liked it.

In the 90's though, we had so many overrated shows it was not funny.

90210 was a trash heap. Everyone loved it, but it was terrible.

Saved by the Bell. Zack Morris is trash. There's a whole youtube series on that. The rest of the cast is trash too, except Screech.

Full House. I wanted to burn that house and everyone in it.

I never found Seinfeld funny at all. Maybe I didn't relate to dry Jewish comedy from NYC, but If I wanted to get my meshuggeneh on I'd binge on Mel Brooks.

Hated Friends with a passion. It was the #1 most popular show when I was in college and I found the characters shallow, insufferable and useless people that should be dead in a ditch in Sheboygan. I recently saw an episode on in a waiting room and it's even worse than I remember.

Someone mentioned Rugrats. Yes. The Klasky Csupo art style (Rocket Power, Aaaah! Real Monsters, Wild Thornberrys etc.) is an affront to the human eyeball.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    My childhood was in the really early 80's (born in 1977). There were a few cartoons that were crap. Silverhawks was the one that I desperately hated for being a 1-to-1 direct rip off of Thundercats but my friends liked it.
    Silverhawks shares the same creators as Thundercats.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Not from my childhood but...

Have to agree with the above on "Friends". Never understood the appeal of that show or the characters.

Also have to throw in "Big Bang Theory". Watched a few episodes and thought it was ok, but the premise wore thin quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Silverhawks shares the same creators as Thundercats.
    Yeah, I know that now, but at the time I was like "WTF Space Birds Sux"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Not from my childhood but...

Have to agree with the above on "Friends". Never understood the appeal of that show or the characters.

Also have to throw in "Big Bang Theory". Watched a few episodes and thought it was ok, but the premise wore thin quickly.
    Oh yeah, this too. Big Bang Theory seemed good in the first season; as an actual astrophysicist and somewhat Leonard-esque myself, I could relate to the characters. But then it occurred to me that the audience wasn't laughing with me, they were laughing -at- me.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    the audience wasn't laughing with me, they were laughing -at- me.
    Bingo. The characters became the stereotype punchline.

Alf. That show sucked.

i loved tbbt until they all got GFs and stopped being nerds
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Alf. That show sucked.
    Yikes! I was born in the early '80s and I was legit scared of Alf.
    But gosh, reading this thread there was a lot of shit series both for kids and young adults even back then. I didn't like most of these mentioned in this thread.

Lighten up

Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    this has got to be the most hurtful thread i've seen.

guys! these shows were great in a simpler time and any time in front of a tv was a golden time. in germany it was full of marshall bravestar, saber rider and all that stuff for children. there was cheers and seinfeld and they were good for their time.

sure, many of them don't hold up to the standards of today. but they were what they were when they were. stop hating so much.

Someone asked for their opinion and they gave it. That doesn't necessarily mean they're hating. You need to lighten up!

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydee77 View Post
    Someone asked for their opinion and they gave it. That doesn't necessarily mean they're hating. You need to lighten up!
    And you should probably not necro threads...

Friends

Literally the most boring shit ever

One Piece for sure. I'm a big anime fan, and I tried watching this, but man is it overrated. I have no idea how it's so popular in Japan and worldwide, there are superior anime who aren't nearly as famous. Of course, I'm a bit biased since I really don't like pirates.

Saved By The Bell. It's decent, but it isn't THAT good. The main characters are so wooden and talk about first world problems. It's like watching a show about jocks, which is just about the most terrible concept there can probably ever be in a sitcom. Head Of The Class was much better and gets nowhere near as much recognition.

Friends is up there for sure, but I'm not the target audience when it was big, I was a little kid so I definitely wouldn't have been the target audience. With that said, the same can be said for Seinfeld and Frasier. When they were in their prime, I wasn't watching it, but I watch them now as an adult and love them. The same can't be said of Friends. Friends comes off as more of a chick show though, so that might have something to do with it. 9 out of 10 people I've met that said they love it were all women.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thundercats. A staple of any 80's kids childhood, even mine. Yes I loved that show as a kid, but outside of the intro (which is still frikkin amazing) the show has not held up. The animation is horrible and the plot, while pretty exciting, is lead by horrible dialogue.

If you haven't watched it since you were a kid in the 80's then I'd leave the memories alone for you. But it has not aged well, I warn you now.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-03-30 at 11:58 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Friends, De Grassi, Sailor Moon.

Seinfeld, golden girls - never saw the hype but for those that enjoyed them awsome.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

7+ Year Old Account
    Overrated? Heartbreak High comes to mind, everyone LOVED it when I was in the 8th grade.
    Last edited by Sinaa; 2022-04-01 at 02:05 PM.

Friends is probably the worst shit even created

Taxi (1978-1983)

I mean, it was OK. But it never made me laugh real hard and if I missed an episode I didn't care. Christopher Lloyd as Jim was a huge standout. Everything else felt blah.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.