Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Good middle ground. Get out the pre-patch so people can play around with the new customization options and leveling systems, work on alts, and then release the expansion when the systems have been iterated on enough to be in a good state.
    Thats why they implement pretty much every new feature on pre-patch to sort out bugs and save some screw ups when they flip the switch on release date and you can access the new areas without much hiccups.

Perfect. This was needed. Good plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    So, for balance they delay the whole expansion?

I can guarantee you that balance will be an issue anyway.
    Exactly. Balance will never be achieved and constantly tweaked, while bugs will always be there.

This delay is pretty meaningless. Blizzard had plenty of time to do this, but they didn't until the last moment.

It is a bad sign and worrying alarm.

Quote Originally Posted by aesthir View Post
    Would've been nice if they didn't announce a release date if they're not sure they can make it... Announcing a delay within the same month as release is just terrible for anyone who took holidays for this.
    Yeah cause you know, pandemics happen every other year

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    That problem is 100% on you and your employer.
    Yes. That problem is on me. The problem being I took them for enough respectable company to not delay something that's supposed to be released in 27 days.

The state of the beta was known for weeks and they knew it would be delayed. Instead of doing the right thing and announcing the delay earlier, they waited until 1st days of Q4 JUST TO MAKE SURE people are subbed still.

I'm sad, but i understand why it needs to be done. Hoping the release is late November or early December so we have a bit of time to play Cyberpunk. If it's late December I would be really damn sad.

I think they just hoped to sync it up with Halloween for the zombie event, but they realized it would mean releasing an unfinished game. I'm just glad they had the cajones to do this!

Sure I'm bored, but being bored for ~2 months is better than 2+ years of an unpolished game.

I'm honestly happy with this decision. Gives me some hope that they do care about the success of this expansion outside of sales. Sure, it sucks we have to wait but from what I've experienced in beta...would have been way way worse to force a launch.

Quote Originally Posted by aesthir View Post
    Would've been nice if they didn't announce a release date if they're not sure they can make it... Announcing a delay within the same month as release is just terrible for anyone who took holidays for this.
    Release dates are generally set by clueless assholes who don't have a clue about what it takes to get a game done. These few weeks probably have been hell for the employees at Blizzard as they had the whip cracked repeatedly at them in a futile attempt to make an unattainable deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by zRares View Post
    Could have announced it earlier before people actually took time off from work... a lot of people just f'ed their vacation time...
    If you take off time to play a game then that's your own fault.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

Quote Originally Posted by ketsui View Post
    Didn't they announce it when the pandemic was already in full swing?
    People expected a release in late November or early December, and they could've gone for that time period instead of October.

Quote Originally Posted by ketsui View Post
    Did the pandemic make them all blind? Because the possibility of delay was known. But people assumed that since it's only one month to it, they are gonna stick to their plan.

I wouldn't be mad if they announced it one month ago. Not this late.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Yes. That problem is on me. The problem being I took them for enough respectable company to not delay something that's supposed to be released in 27 days.

The state of the beta was known for weeks and they knew it would be delayed. Instead of doing the right thing and announcing the delay earlier, they waited until 1st days of Q4 JUST TO MAKE SURE people are subbed still.
    What the hell?

There is no rule requiring you to wait for the expansion subbed, you know. This forum is full of these inane conspiracy theories and it gets tiring after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    I think they just hoped to sync it up with Halloween for the zombie event, but they realized it would mean releasing an unfinished game. I'm just glad they had the cajones to do this!

Sure I'm bored, but being bored for ~2 months is better than 2+ years of an unpolished game.
    It won't be 2 months, 1 month maybe, but releasing in december wouldn't work out well. First 2 weeks and you force raid progress during the holidays, last 2 weeks and you're trying to handle an expansion launch around employees being on vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It won't be 2 months, 1 month maybe, but releasing in december wouldn't work out well. First 2 weeks and you force raid progress during the holidays, last 2 weeks and you're trying to handle an expansion launch around employees being on vacation.
    You think code monkeys can't get their vacations cancelled and thrown into crunch mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    The delay is definitely a good thing. I'm just surprised they didn't already announce it 3 months ago. It has been pretty obvious for a while that they were way behind the schedule, so either they are a bit over-ambitious or they lack some internal communication in the company. Anyway, better late than never
    Why not both over-ambitious, and an internal communication issue? They're not mutually exclusive. No clue what the exact issues were, but yeah - a lot of us beta testers called this when they announced the release date.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    Regarding people bashing the delay just because... its like you don't want to have a polished expansion?
    I mean I'm all for the delay, but let's not pretend it will do wonders. They might be able to fix some critical things, but there will still be problems with this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    They are mostly working from home anyway because if the virus.
    Covid is not the problem during Christmas. People are simply not working because they are on vacation during the holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by metzger84 View Post
    You think code monkeys can't get their vacations cancelled and thrown into crunch mode?
    With blizzard already in bad employee PR mode them getting vacations canceled would be a PR nightmare.

Also, a lot of people don't play over the holidays (hence the whole not wanting progression over the holidays) so why would they want to a release an expansion when there's less people playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    The delay is definitely a good thing. I'm just surprised they didn't already announce it 3 months ago. It has been pretty obvious for a while that they were way behind the schedule, so either they are a bit over-ambitious or they lack some internal communication in the company. Anyway, better late than never
    Not to offend or anything but people really like to talk like they know what’s going on at Blizzard, and honestly I think they’re all full of it. 3 months is a long time for something to go wrong, and they’ve always told us internally they’re ahead of what’s available on beta servers..

I could see them struggling, but still holding out hope that they’d be able to make it work... if that scenario were true though, they’d be on some pretty thin ice... it would only take one semi significant setback to push them into delay territory.

Which... is where I think I’ll be putting my money. If they knew 3 months ago they were going to delay, they’d have told us. Furthermore, 7 months of living in 2020 should’ve taught everyone to expect the unexpected by then, lol.