Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ...
11
19
20
21
22
23
31
... LastLast
  1. #401
    Glad it is delayed, it was clear to all that it wasn't ready. But my problem is, if this is actually because they need more time to balance the game around their new systems, then it is a bad reason, a self-inflicted one that makes no sense. No one wants convoluted systems, keep it simple stupid is a common phrase and it applies here.

    Anyway, it is better that the game has been given more time to be ready. But I tell you what, if it is delayed a month, comes out end of November/early December and it is still full of balancing issues and bugs, then holy shit the shit storm will be amazing.

  2. #402
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    This is good news, but I'm still not fully convinced that it's even possible to make the Covenant system good or balanced even if the game is delayed honestly.
    that's the funniest part of this thread...most cutting Blizzard some slack over the delay assume the delay will make Shadowlands better and/or the best expansion ever etc, etc.

    The truth of the matter, since the majority of the multiple MAU systems built into Shadowlands are lipstick on a pig type upgrades to systems implemented in past expansions, is that the expansion is pretty broken at the moment (and since these systems all interact with one another cleaning them up is that much more time consuming because changing one element has so many ripple effects) and what you'll actually get, even with the delay, is a pretty bad game. It will function better but they're not about to scrap and revamp entire aspects of the expansion. They're just trying not to ship a complete embarrassment of an expansion.

  3. #403
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvlx View Post
    Why are people like you so combative? Like just take the information and move on, honestly.

    Also people saying it wasn't going to be delayed aren't "white knighting" Blizzard, it was based on 15 years of not happening before.
    Actually, TBC was delayed. But it hasn't happened ever since. Until now. heh

  4. #404
    Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    Glad it is delayed, it was clear to all that it wasn't ready. But my problem is, if this is actually because they need more time to balance the game around their new systems, then it is a bad reason, a self-inflicted one that makes no sense. No one wants convoluted systems, keep it simple stupid is a common phrase and it applies here.

    Anyway, it is better that the game has been given more time to be ready. But I tell you what, if it is delayed a month, comes out end of November/early December and it is still full of balancing issues and bugs, then holy shit the shit storm will be amazing.
    They literally said they're delaying for end game balancing, not going to be any major changes

  5. #405
    This makes me so sad. Can't cancel PTO that I set aside for this now........

  6. #406
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    They literally said they're delaying for end game balancing, not going to be any major changes
    Well, that's what they said. That doesn't mean it'll end up being what they actually spend their time on.

  7. #407
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Again, wrong. Blizzard Entertainment is a subsidiary of Activision-Blizzard. Activision is a subsidiary of Activision-Blizzard. Blizzard's CEO is J. Allen Brack. Activision's CEO is Eric Hirshberg. Two separate companies under one roof by the name of Activision-Blizzard. Hrishberg does not make decisions for Blizzard and Brack doesn't make decisions for Activision.
    And Bobby Kotik, pre-merger CEO of Activision is the CEO of Activision-Blizzard.

  8. #408
    Lol this thread is amazing all the crying from people taking weeks of holiday time to play a game, very entertaining. The delay is good for the game and great for the comedy.

  9. #409
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Under your bridge, stomping your trollz!
    Posts
    2,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    I knew it. Where are all the " it will never be delayed" blizzard white knights
    People like this is why MMO-Champ is famous for it's toxicity. This comment is so unbelievably toxic but the mods won't do anything about it simply because this person didn't cuss or name call, even though "white knights" in the game world is a derogatory term.

    This will be the second expansion they have delayed release of. That's a pretty phenomenal track record and more than enough for even blizzard haters to claim it wouldn't be delayed.

    @ all the people crying over this delay, there is a world wide fucking pandemic going on that has killed over a million people to our knowledge. Gee, what a horrible thing for a game company to delay the release of an expansion during that. LMFAO. Get some fucking perspective.

    @ all the people crying about their vacation weeks being wasted, I have no pity. You took a VACATION to sit on your asses and play a video game for a week straight. Like, what? That's just the most pathetic thing I have ever heard in my life. You all deserve it.
    Last edited by RAWRF; 2020-10-02 at 12:47 AM.

  10. #410
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    I honestly saw it coming when they announced the date to be in October.

    I was like "There is no way it is ready then."
    It's not going to be ready even when they do release it. This isn't the old Blizzard we used to know.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

  11. #411
    Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    People like this is why MMO-Champ is famous for it's toxicity. This comment is so unbelievably toxic but the mods won't do anything about it simply because this person didn't cuss or name call, even though "white knights" in the game world is a derogatory term.
    Not to mention all the people laughing at folks who took time off that they can't reschedule.

  12. #412
    Honestly it's a good thing it got delayed. When I saw the initial release date I immediately thought that's way too early and it's gonna be BFA launch all over again.

  13. #413
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I really think the 17th is most likely date, sure it's only an extra three weeks, but in their post they talk about how they're not really changing leveling, or the story, they are delaying to "tune endgame".
    Yeah, I agree with you and SniperCT. I think they *want* to do 11/16-17 if they can, but it might not be possible. 12/15 works great as long as they push the start of raiding back a week to 1/5 and would be a great choice. If they're really close but can't quite make 11/16, then they might do 12/1.

  14. #414
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath-o-matic View Post
    Yeah, I agree with you and SniperCT. I think they *want* to do 11/16-17 if they can, but it might not be possible. 12/15 works great as long as they push the start of raiding back a week to 1/5 and would be a great choice. If they're really close but can't quite make 11/16, then they might do 12/1.
    I really don't see Dec. 15 as an option, that's the week before christmas. Even if there already isn't a bunch of people taking vaca the week of the 22nd, they will be the week after and week after that.

    12/1 isn't a good date, but it's the best date in 2020 if they can't hit the 17th.

    Would still put progression during the holidays kind of, but it's better than pushing raiding back 5-6 weeks (they will not start raid release the 5th, they're not even all back in the office then)
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2020-10-02 at 12:52 AM.

  15. #415
    Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    With all the bad shit that's happened to everyone's plans this year, do you really think your issue is the greatest concern, to anyone? So you planned on taking time off to play a video game non stop, maybe use that time to do something else if you can't reschedule it. At least you have a job and time off, be happy about that this year. Some people...
    Did you really just use the "REEEE AT LEAST YOU GOT A JOB!!!" "argument"?
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

  16. #416
    great decision
    end game systems arent complete
    hopefully it avoids a situation where the game isnt complete until 8.2 like bfa

  17. #417
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    I knew it. Where are all the " it will never be delayed" blizzard white knights
    I am still here. Admitting I am wrong.

  18. #418
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    I have been in beata and I can say this is absolutely false. It is far more ready than you claim.
    Thats not what I have been hearing from a lot of the testers...

  19. #419
    Tinfoil hat time but the launch date could have always been fake. Plenty of people resubbed for the last month of BFA just to wrap things up and prep for expansion, give it some momentum.

    I personally received an email stating "LAST CHANCE AT BFA STUFF!!!! PREORDER SHADOWLANDS FOR MAX LEVEL" etc. And almost exactly 1 month after pushing that marketing campaign, they announce the "sike, delay!" Didn't resub because I heard that Shadowlands is essentially the worst iteration on their legion/bfa grind, but my friends all did and they didn't need to play more than a month to get their fill of BFA.


    The hilarious side of it is that 1 month was enough time for my friend to play casually, exalt all the factions, get everything they wanted, and cruise through heroic raids.

    All of the time gated stuff was boring/pointless (like repeating the cloak scenario over and over just because gating) and if you're not into progression... nothing lost.


    Years of a stretched-out game efficiently experienced in a month with an exp/rep boost and it still managed to be a bit tedious due to the horrid systems in the game.

  20. #420
    I for one am very happy about the delay because I just knew that Shadowlands launch would somehow screw up my favorite holiday event - Hallow's End

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •