Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Brave decision. They did well though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vulfrika View Post
    Yes, and we are talking at least half a year worth of patches to fix the current mess, if history is any indication. They are not half a year or so ahead of us. They are like a week or two ahead at most.
    I’m just also gonna chime in against you and say blizzard usually don’t change date once one has been announced. And the notice of them having to change also comes in unnecessarily late.

RIP my 2 weeks off that i cant change now.

But im happy for everyone else. This is TRULY a good thing IF they can balance the game better. But thing is if they delay it and the launch and balance still are way off they are gunna look very bad IMO. And i feel the chances of that are high. Lets wait and see!

I have beta access and have been playing around in the beta. I understand why they are postponing but it is killing the experience for me. I scheduled my vacation time around the release. I had to beg for vacation time as we are short handed as it is. My company does not allow vacation time or time off of any kind in November or December and starting in November I will be working 60+ hour weeks. I was really looking forward to enjoying the release for a time before having to knuckle down at work. Now it is all ruined. Since in all likelihood I will have to work ungodly hours for the next three to four months I have canceled my subscription. I am sure when they get it all "worked out" there will still be plenty of issues for people to complain about when it is released. It isn't like Blizz has ever released anything that has been perfect from day one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Fuck. I can't take BFA any longer! But it was to be expected. They were completely clueless what to do with Paladins for example, so they needed time there. And no word on prepatch also was a big red flag.

I wonder what they mean by pushing it to later this year. December is something they always avoid with anything new, so people can enjoy their "holidays". And november gives only a month for additional work.
    It wouldn't be the first time they released an expansion in December. While it's unlikely they'll release it around Christmas or New Years, an early December release isn't out of the picture at all.

Good decision which should've been announced a month ago. Now people took days off and purchased sub time to play the expansion. Activision-Blizzard can't even delay a game right.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    Good decision which should've been announced a month ago. Now people took days off and purchased sub time to play the expansion. Activision-Blizzard can't even delay a game right.
    Why would you buy sub time ahead of time if you're not planning to play before the expansion launches? That one is on you. Vacation time can be recalled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

Quote Originally Posted by Cariboulou View Post
    Why would you buy sub time ahead of time if you're not planning to play before the expansion launches? That one is on you. Vacation time can be recalled.
    No, it's on Blizzard. Having a month of time to start playing if you skipped the entirety of BfA would've allowed you, for example, to unlock flying. I'm sure there's a lot of people who did this. You don't announce a delay so late. You just don't. Some people have to plan days off work few weeks in advance and now they won't have it for Shadowlands' release.

No, it's on Blizzard. Having a month of time to start playing if you skipped the entirety of BfA would've allowed you, for example, to unlock flying. I'm sure there's a lot of people who did this. You don't announce a delay so late. You just don't. Some people have to plan days off work few weeks in advance and now they won't have it for Shadowlands' release.
    So now you have longer time to grind out flying. Delays can happen, that's part of the business. Blizzard still didn't force you to buy a sub, that's still on you.
    I sent in a request for days off when they announced the launch date for SL as well, but I cancelled them earlier today. Just get the days off later on. You can't blame Blizzard for you personal choices to take time off work/buy a sub for a product that's not out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by vulfrika View Post
    Yes, and we are talking at least half a year worth of patches to fix the current mess, if history is any indication. They are not half a year or so ahead of us. They are like a week or two ahead at most.
    Got a source for that year and half they need? Or just feely feels and playing on builds behind blizzard internal builds.

Can't wait to see the "fire mage + 5% dps" "balancing" come from the delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I agree. In the end I’m happy that they delayed it because I just want a good game and I have no problem waiting. I got a ton of games on steam I haven’t played yet so it’s fine by me. Blizzard definitely made the right decision.

Just to clarify, I’m not necessarily saying that they knew and didn’t tell us. I’m more saying that they probably should have known long time ago that October 26 would be unrealistic. But this is probably due to Blizzard being a huge company and the communication between the devs and the management might not always be the best. I’m sure that the devs are working very hard to get the game out but they are only human.

Overall I was just surprised from the beginning that they choose October 26 as a release date because there was not much external pressure on them to do so. Therefore it seemed like unnecessary stress to set the date so early. Back then they could easily have used the pandemic as a valid excuse to push SL to 2021 and most people would have been fine with it. So I’m surprised they didn’t. But there was probably pressure from management to get it out. We need to send our love to the hardworking devs who are fighting to get the game ready.
    Yeah I forgot that I was also surprised at the October launch, I was thinking November / December, I’m not a release date guesser person but October just felt super early, even with it being end of December.

I’m happy it’s being delayed, I think Blizz has a chance to knock it out of the park with Shadowlands. Very excited for what’s to come!

Anyone who took time off has no one but themselves to blame.

OOOOHHH I wonder if any world first guilds will be impacted by the delay and lose out on their vacation. This could add some excitement to the race!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    This delay was made in a shittiest way possible. How couldnt they see they are not gonna make it literally one month ago, when they announced release date, is beyond comprehension. Did Ion hide the real amount of problems they had from the marketing team and headquarters?

People pretend the Blizzard got balls and amazing, but the whole idiocy of situation is totally Blizzard fall. There is nothing to praise them for. They totally saw the amount of problems yet still decided to got for 27 Oct. Its both miscalculation and incompetence on their side. They should have initially got with Nov or Dec and everyone would have been fine and cool with this.

I dont believe 1-2 additional months are enough to fix all bugs and tune everything, and they for sure wont fix the systems that has issues in their very concept.
    I dont believe the delay will be worth of the difference between 27 Oct release build and 27 Nov/Dec release build (or whenever they will release it). It will still be not ready but some people got fucked over. And thats not people's problem that they adjusted their free time around their hobby. Its totally on Blizzard.

More over, this delay makes me believe the actual pile of problems is even bigger than beta testing revealed. Overall this decision doesnt inspire my trust for Blizzard at all.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2020-10-02 at 08:18 AM.

I'm sorry but if you are planning time off for a wow expansion im not sure what to tell you. That expansion is going to be there for more than the launch. Whats wrong with coming home qnd playing a few hours?

If you planned time off thats on you. Blizzard probably made this decision in the past few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    This delay was made in a shittiest way possible. How couldnt they see they are not gonna make it literally one month ago, when they announced release date, is beyond comprehension. Did Ion hide the real amount of problems they had from the marketing team and headquarters?

People pretend the Blizzard got balls and amazing, but the whole idiocy of situation is totally Blizzard fall. There is nothing to praise them for.

I dont believe 1-2 additional months are enough to fix all bugs and tune everything, and they for sure wont fix the systems that has issues in their very concept.
    I dont believe the delay will be worth of the difference between 27 Oct release build and 27 Nov/Dec release build (or whenever they will release it). It will still be not ready but some people got fucked over. And thats not people's problem that they adjusted their free time around their hobby. Its totally on Blizzard.

More over, this delay makes me believe the actual pile of problems is even bigger than beta testing revealed. Overall this decision doesnt inspire my trust for Blizzard at all.
    Yeah, I don't think the delay is because they need extra time for polish, but because they need extra time to fix major bugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well said. That is what pissed me off is that people made plans and actually took their vacation days. They really should have planed for this especially with a global pandemic going around. I mean knowing that COVID is present would have made a delayed expansion reasonable. They really announced this too late.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Brilliant decision - i haven't seen Blizzard delay a release for polishing in years. As many others have stated, not something i thought we would ever see again.

Also, i'm not sure what sort of badly run companies you guys are all working for where you can't just cancel your vacation days with 3 1/2 weeks notice? Most companies who are broke as fuck right now don't want to pay their employees to take time off and will probably hop, skip and jump to let you cancel the vacation days.

Quote Originally Posted by Cariboulou View Post
    So now you have longer time to grind out flying. Delays can happen, that's part of the business. Blizzard still didn't force you to buy a sub, that's still on you.
    I sent in a request for days off when they announced the launch date for SL as well, but I cancelled them earlier today. Just get the days off later on. You can't blame Blizzard for you personal choices to take time off work/buy a sub for a product that's not out yet.
    while i agree with your argument about buying sub-time, i disagree wholeheartedly on your stance on vacation. not everyone has a job where you can just willy-nilly cancel and move around vacations. some of us have commitments to projects and deadlines.

Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    while i agree with your argument about buying sub-time, i disagree wholeheartedly on your stance on vacation. not everyone has a job where you can just willy-nilly cancel and move around vacations. some of us have commitments to projects and deadlines.
    My stance on vacation is just that it's a personal risk that we alone are responsible for. I can't blame Blizzard for my potentially lost vacation time when I'm the one who decided taking vacation for something not yet released was a good idea.