Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ...
28
36
37
38
  1. #741
    Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    You do realize the # of servers has nothing to do with the population on those servers?
    Retail high pop does not equal Classic high pop.

    It's completely different.

    Classic has been great but TBC is really where the game was at it's pinnacle.
    Once it's announced the hype train is gonna be STRONG.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yes, tell us more about how great BFA is.
    It's not about how great BFA is. It's about you massively overrating Classic and making factually incorrect statements because of it. TBC will be no different. Hype for a couple of months than it will die way down.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Because Activision. I mean, they can only have so many of their people working on certain projects at the same time, same goes to the budget available. The enterprise got to squish their employees as much as they can.
    And also, lol, you have no idea how designing and implementing spell effects really work.
    Again, ACtivision makes no decisions for Blizzard. Activision and Blizzard are two SEPARATE companies under one roof.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    Gross, none of that is good for you!

    - - - Updated - - -

    With the refunds coming, looks like we'll have a January or February release date for Shadowlands.
    And you know that how? They gave refunds because they delayed the release and in no way means the game won't be out until 2021. They are still commiitted to 2020 and a December launch is highly likely

  2. #742
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    It's not about how great BFA is. It's about you massively overrating Classic and making factually incorrect statements because of it. TBC will be no different. Hype for a couple of months than it will die way down.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Again, ACtivision makes no decisions for Blizzard. Activision and Blizzard are two SEPARATE companies under one roof.

    - - - Updated - - -

    And you know that how? They gave refunds because they delayed the release and in no way means the game won't be out until 2021. They are still commiitted to 2020 and a December launch is highly likely
    And you know that how?

  3. #743
    Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    And you know that how?
    Becuse that is how business operate. Blizzard could not meet the promised date of Cct 26. It is SOP to offer refunds when you can't deliver on time. How long the delay is for is irrelevant.

  4. #744
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Again, ACtivision makes no decisions for Blizzard. Activision and Blizzard are two SEPARATE companies under one roof.
    Yeah, sure mate. 0 influence.

  5. #745
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Becuse that is how business operate. Blizzard could not meet the promised date of Cct 26. It is SOP to offer refunds when you can't deliver on time. How long the delay is for is irrelevant.
    No, how do you know it's coming out in December? There's still a LOT of work to be done, and many companies will likely close up early this Fall for the holidays. January/February is not far-fetched. I thought November/December first too, until the refund dealio!

  6. #746
    Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    No, how do you know it's coming out in December? There's still a LOT of work to be done, and many companies will likely close up early this Fall for the holidays. January/February is not far-fetched. I thought November/December first too, until the refund dealio!
    How do you know there is a LOT to be done? In fact, when they announced the delay, they outright stated that a great majority of the game was ready to go. Unless you are BLizzard, you have no idea where they stand with the game right now. And again, they are giving refunds because they couldn't deliver on their promise of Oct 26th. That is SOP on those matters. ANd how do you konw they will close up shop early. Most don't close up shop for the Holidays until mid-December. Since they are already working from home, this is completely irrelevant to begin with. The fact they are releasing pre-patch Tuesday tells me it will be out before the end of the year. Delaying until 20201 means it will be 12 weeks of pre-patch. They aren't going to let it drag on that long.

    They said it would be out later THIS YEAR. They are not going to delay it again and they sure as hell don't want that PR fiasco and the bigger money loss that will come with it,. This will come out in December at the latest.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Yeah, sure mate. 0 influence.
    They don't. Activision is use as the boogeyman for those that are ignorant of how the business is actually set up. Actvision-Blikzzard is the parent company. They own two companies, Activision and Blizzard. Both Activision and Blizzard have their own CEO's. Those CEo's report to the CEO of ACtivision-Blizzard, Bobby Kotick. So, Activision does not in any way make decisions for Blizzard and vice versa. Those are the actual facts, not the ones that "Activison is the boogeyman" brigade have pulled out of their rears.

  7. #747

  8. #748
    It's rude to answer a question with another question, followed by a rant. Where did they say it would 100% be out later this year?

  9. #749
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    So you have zero evidence except "trust me". Got it. Of course you also completely ignore when they publicly stated they wee adding MORE to WoW development. You are just cherry picking numbers to fit your argument.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Blizzard does listen. Not caving to all your complaints and demands does not = not listening.

    - - - Updated - - -

    YOu have zero evidence. As has been pointed out time and time again, Activision and Blizzard are two serparte companies under one roof which is named Activision-Blikzzard. They have separate CEO's and Activision-Blkzzard has Bobby Kotick as it's CEO. No matter how many times you repeat it, you are wrong. Activision does not make decisions for Blizzard. They don't even own Blizzard. Activision-BLizzard does.

    - - - Updated - - -

    And how do you know it will take months?
    zero eveidence?? Just do a fucking google search for it if you can be bothered to pull your head out of your ignorant ass, honestly wake the fuck up you dreamer, pathetic

  10. #750
    Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    It's rude to answer a question with another question, followed by a rant. Where did they say it would 100% be out later this year?
    The very first sentence in the blue post on page 1:

    I wanted to let you know that we’re delaying the release of Shadowlands to later this year

  11. #751
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    The very first sentence in the blue post on page 1:
    That's not a promise. Those things get changed all the time. If it gets too close to call before Christmas break, they will close up shoppe and finish in January or so. That's what I'm calling now.

    I've even been encouraging them to do so, given the missing customizations and plethora of bugs.

  12. #752
    I am Murloc! dacoolist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    5,247
    Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    That's not a promise. Those things get changed all the time. If it gets too close to call before Christmas break, they will close up shoppe and finish in January or so. That's what I'm calling now.

    I've even been encouraging them to do so, given the missing customizations and plethora of bugs.
    They were trying to make the Quarterly earnings by releasing the game when they were aka late October - if they wait until January 2021, as much as that would make us WoW lovers happy: it would crush Activision bean counters minds. Everything is about money. The latest they can release it would be like the last week of December because even though they already pushed the game to later this year, if they pushed it back FURTHER they would probably have even more issues.

    I still believe it will release week 1 or week 2 of December - but agree if they push it to NEXT YEAR that's something we all would love to see

  13. #753
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    They were trying to make the Quarterly earnings by releasing the game when they were aka late October - if they wait until January 2021, as much as that would make us WoW lovers happy: it would crush Activision bean counters minds. Everything is about money. The latest they can release it would be like the last week of December because even though they already pushed the game to later this year, if they pushed it back FURTHER they would probably have even more issues.

    I still believe it will release week 1 or week 2 of December - but agree if they push it to NEXT YEAR that's something we all would love to see
    All these corporations are already screwed this year. 2020 is a wash. Start fresh, hit 2021 with a bang.

  14. #754
    Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    That's not a promise. Those things get changed all the time. If it gets too close to call before Christmas break, they will close up shoppe and finish in January or so. That's what I'm calling now.

    I've even been encouraging them to do so, given the missing customizations and plethora of bugs.
    That is when they said they would release it. They are not going to delay again. They already have taken a hit. They absolutely will not take another one because that puts them in the firing line. This game will be out in December.

  15. #755
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    That is when they said they would release it. They are not going to delay again. They already have taken a hit. They absolutely will not take another one because that puts them in the firing line. This game will be out in December.
    You don't know that for certain. No one does.

  16. #756
    Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    You don't know that for certain. No one does.
    I am 1000% certain it will be by December. They are already losing money by delaying it tint eh first place. They delay it a second time? That is more money lost and that gets the attention of upper management and nobody associated with WoW wants that.

  17. #757
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    I am 1000% certain it will be by December. They are already losing money by delaying it tint eh first place. They delay it a second time? That is more money lost and that gets the attention of upper management and nobody associated with WoW wants that.
    They could use the extra time to add customizations in for all Allied Races, which seems to be the main appeal of this upcoming expansion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •