Page 1 of 37
... LastLast

Shadowlands Pre-Patch Release Date - October 13, Shadowlands Launch Delayed

An Update on Shadowlands from Executive Producer John Hight
    Blizzard has shared an update about Shadowlands. The Pre-Patch will be released on October 13, however the Shadowlands expansion will launch sometime later this year.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    To the WoW community,

I wanted to let you know that we’re delaying the release of Shadowlands to later this year—and while we’re still in the process of determining the right new date to launch, we felt it was important to let you know about this change in plans as soon as we could. This was an incredibly difficult decision for the team, as we’re as eager to get the expansion into your hands as you are to play it—but ultimately, we feel it’s the right decision for the game—and for our players.

Over the past several months of testing, we’ve made significant progress iterating on and polishing the core features and gameplay of Shadowlands. We’re at a point where the zones, the campaign, the level-up questing experience, and the story we have to tell are essentially ready to share. We’re excited by the Covenants at the heart of the expansion, and it’s been a thrill to see Torghast take shape into a fun new kind of WoW experience, thanks in no small part to your input.

However, as everything started coming together and we’ve been listening to and building upon your feedback, it’s become clear we need a little more time for additional polish, and to balance and iterate on some interlocking pieces—particularly those related to the endgame. Shadowlands is one of the most intricate expansions we’ve yet created, and while we’ve made great progress, the challenge of tuning the endgame was compounded by the team having to work from home.

Blizzard has a commitment to quality. We believe Shadowlands will be something special, and we’ve heard from many of you who feel the same. We need this extra time to ensure that Shadowlands lives up to its full potential.

In the meantime, we’re excited to announce that beginning October 13 we will be releasing the Shadowlands pre-patch, which lays a lot of the groundwork for the expansion and includes our revamped character leveling, new-player experience on Exile’s Reach, and a host of new character customization options. And once we get closer to Shadowlands’ release, you’ll be called upon to defend Azeroth against a resurgence of the Scourge during our pre-launch event.

Thanks for your support and passion, and for your continued help and feedback as we head toward the finish line.

We’ll see you in the Shadowlands soon,

John Hight, Executive Producer of World of Warcraft

Impressive Influence Returns
    The Impressive Influence reputation buff has returned and will remain active until the end of October.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Impressive Influence

• The Impressive Influence 100% reputation buff has returned and will continue through the entirety of October.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2020-10-02 at 03:44 AM.

Delayed. Was kinda expected.

10+ Year Old Account

I mean really who didn't see this coming?

But hey guys, Pre-patch October 13th! Gotten soften that blow somehow!

Grab your popcorn boys

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post

I mean really who didn't see this coming?
    I honestly saw it coming when they announced the date to be in October.

I was like "There is no way it is ready then."
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Man, if only Blizzard didn't have to spend time balancing those goddamn covenants and made them cosmestic only

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    Grab your popcorn boys
    I like ranch seasoning on mine.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I knew it. Where are all the " it will never be delayed" blizzard white knights

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, holy shit.

I am surprised and I approve of this wholeheartdly

Good decision. Take your time

Good! Better to release a good product than a broken one. I;m looking at you Activition, COD is a dumpster fire right now.

Sad news, but hopefully means a better launch

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Called it, it's for the best.

I know someone that took vacation time to play for 2 weeks straight. Thanks Obam.... err Blizzard.

Good decision Blizz. I can wait 1-2 months longer if that means I am gonna get a great experience.

I didn't think it'd happen, but it was definitely needed.

Well done Blizzard for doing the right thing.

So, for balance they delay the whole expansion?

I can guarantee you that balance will be an issue anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    I knew it. Where are all the " it will never be delayed" blizzard white knights
    Why are people like you so combative? Like just take the information and move on, honestly.

Also people saying it wasn't going to be delayed aren't "white knighting" Blizzard, it was based on 13 years of not happening.
    Last edited by Dvlx; 2020-10-02 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahyl View Post
    Delayed. Was kinda expected.
    Me personally did not expect Blizzard to delay the release of Shadowlands. I thought they would slap on some band-aid and fix the issued in the upcoming patch or something. This really sounds like good news to me, I get the feeling that they do care about the quality still.

Could have announced it earlier before people actually took time off from work... a lot of people just f'ed their vacation time...