Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Fuck you blizzard. You guys have been doing a shit job last years. You fucked up lore, gameplay and even destroyed a great classic by doing a shit remake.
    But now you have reached max level at sucking. You promissed to deliver us shadowlands in 26.10.2020 and FAILED.
    I could expect that from a free to play game. But not from a pay to play game.
    You guys are a fucking deception

Quote Originally Posted by metzger84 View Post
    You mad, son?
    Happy as a clam, champ.

Quote Originally Posted by drbatman View Post
    correct, they are wrong no matter what. My analysis is accurate.

here is a simple version for you:

If you give me $10,000, I will sell you my truck at the end of the month. then at the end of the month ill change my mind and change the delivery time to some date before end of the year.

sounds fair right!
    Except your analogy is flawed because they didn't promise SL in October when they launched the pre-order. The per-order explicitly stated "before the end of 2020".

So your analogy would need to be "if you give me $10,00, I will sell you my truck at the end of the month. Then a few days later I say 'hey I'll get it to you in a week." Then halfway through that week I change my mind and change the delivery time to some date before the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Not on one where my duty has been to lie my butt off about project lagging behind schedule. If things have been out of schedule for any reason, the customer/s have been informed about it. This isn't what acti$$ard has done. The singular message for months has been: we're on schedule. On schedule despite corona. Yea, BS. But that's what they chose to tell us the entire time anyway.
    The problem here is you are assuming they lied their butt off when you have no evidence of this. And you haven't worked on large scale projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    I will admit, i would have being a medium amount dissapointed by this delay if they still hadn't made a pre-patch release date. But the fact they also had that, made me feel awesome about this delay.
    Yeah, that was a smart move on their part. Absolutely softened the blow for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Subrias View Post
    sorry what i meant to say was i took a sick day. i never scheduled a whole vacation around it. im not on my high horse, i just think its funny that people schedule vacation around a game instead of actually taking a vacation.
    Especially in the year of COVID, I'm unsure how it's funny that people would use time off to play a game. Not to mention that some people might simply see playing a game to be a good vacation. What people do with their time off is pretty much their own business (unless it involved hurting other people of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    anyone berating a company for delaying a game to fix its issues doesn’t really have an opinion worth considering. Delays are to be seen as a good thing.
    You would think with all the people that constantly scream how Expansion <insert name here> was "rushed out the door" and therefore "trash", that a delay would indeed be welcome.

But alas, this is just another demonstration of how Blizzard probably should just never take things on forums with a grain of salt. People just like to bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by metzger84 View Post
    Why would be a communication issue? It may as well been deliberately postponed up until the very latest possible date (= expected prepatch launch) in order to keep subs active.
    Because they have a non-standard communication situation currently?

This is pretty ominous.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Vote with your wallet and stop supporting them. It's what I do when a company offends me enough.
    Sadly I pre-purchased SL long ago and I'm eager to play it anyway. But I'm definitely cancelling my sub until the launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It won't be 2 months, 1 month maybe, but releasing in december wouldn't work out well. First 2 weeks and you force raid progress during the holidays, last 2 weeks and you're trying to handle an expansion launch around employees being on vacation.
    I'm just guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    I'm betting this releases in the first week of December, with the first raid opening the first week of January. Scourge invasion starts around Thanksgiving.

I'm in the beta. This was NOT ready for release, it's a buggy mess. All of it needs a lot of work. I'm betting there's going to be some big changes rolling through in all of it - Chromie time, professions, the maw, Torghast, all of it. The only parts that don't need a lot of work are dungeons and the raid. Covenants, soulbinds and conduits are going to see the most changes, even as far as conduits being scrapped outright.

You don't defy Activision-Blizzard and the shareholders and take the public slam to your reputation over small tweaks and polishing. They hit the emergency brakes, hard. They have to include this in the Q3 shareholder call now, and that's not going to go over well.

I'm not saying they can't recover. I'm not saying this is a bad thing. But for them to slam on the brakes this late into beta...yeah. You don't do this for another week or two of tweaking.
    That is very possible, yeah. Corona may have hit them harder than they let on, and I strongly doubt the brakes are hit because of poor balance or a few bugs. I believe them when they say it wasn't an easy decision because this might throw off all their post-launch content plans and we know Ion is otherwise pretty on point with that sort of thing under his watch.

I had a week off to take myself and took it on launch week so RIP, but I'm not angry at all, this year's been a shitshow for everyone, delays happen, and if the xpack was going to be a broken mess on the 26th it is much better to delay it.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by zRares View Post
    Could have announced it earlier before people actually took time off from work... a lot of people just f'ed their vacation time...
    Haha, vacation time for video games.

I hope you find something more important than that in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Crushima View Post
    Haha, vacation time for video games.

I hope you find something more important than that in life.
    Says the guy wasting his time on a videogame forum.

Disappointed to see it delayed this close to launch, but if it needs more time then so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It won't be 2 months, 1 month maybe, but releasing in december wouldn't work out well. First 2 weeks and you force raid progress during the holidays, last 2 weeks and you're trying to handle an expansion launch around employees being on vacation.
    The first raid doesn't open on release. Uldir released 3 weeks after BfA opened, I just looked it up. So if they open Shadowlands the week of Dec 1st, a release of the Castle Nathria would be fine the week of Dec 31st, or the week of January 1st.

They don't have to worry about Blizzcon, either, as it's pushed back to Feb, and can do 'What's next" and patch 9.1 stuff. In fact, them pushing the online Blizzcon back to Feb made me think they were pushing it just in case SL was delayed.

The raid, as it stands right now in the Beta, is ready to go. They can release it whenever. I'd bet the world first and mythic raiders would be okay with tackling it after the holidays. But it would be way less fun with everything else being broken and half-finished, during the holidays.

I hope its delayed untill christmas. Got 2 weeks vacation there. noice!

10+ Year Old Account
    Great news!!
    Now where are all those people that said “No way will they postpone it”.
    I just hope it’s not too late to reschedule the holiday

Great news indeed! Now give us the Jailer cinematic, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    Not to offend or anything but people really like to talk like they know what’s going on at Blizzard, and honestly I think they’re all full of it. 3 months is a long time for something to go wrong, and they’ve always told us internally they’re ahead of what’s available on beta servers..

I could see them struggling, but still holding out hope that they’d be able to make it work... if that scenario were true though, they’d be on some pretty thin ice... it would only take one semi significant setback to push them into delay territory.

Which... is where I think I’ll be putting my money. If they knew 3 months ago they were going to delay, they’d have told us. Furthermore, 7 months of living in 2020 should’ve taught everyone to expect the unexpected by then, lol.
    Hmm.. I agree with you to some degree. But I also think that Blizzard have been over-ambitious from the start. Most people were surprised when they originally announced the release date in October. Especially when they did it during the pandemic. Most people were expecting a release in November/December before they released the date. Some were even expecting that they pushed it into 2021. So when Blizzard originally announced the date it was not really because of pressure from the players.

I also think you are being a bit naive when it comes to them not knowing they were behind. No offence. This has been very obvious to a lot of people for a long time now. Many have said that the release date was way to early and they said this months ago. It's not based on "unexpected events". They simply had way too much work ahead of them to ever be able to achieve that date. And yes, I do believe they should have know this months ago. It's a good thing that they delay the release, but they should never have chosen that day to begin with. It was always way too early. I really feel bad for the devs because they have 100 % been pushed into this date against their will. And they are working their asses off to deliever. But they are given completely unrealistic conditions.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-10-01 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    I like ranch seasoning on mine.
    Hot Buffalo Sauce mixed with a little ranch drizzled over mine please.

Knew it was coming. Extremely disappointed and frankly I feel like it's a massive waste of time on their part too.

The covenant system is, by it's very design, not able to be balanced. They have proven for 16 years now that they can't balance the trinity of Class, Spec, and Gear. We flop from one FotM to the next almost every patch. There is a clear best and worst for everything.

How they thought adding in 3 new layers; Covenants, Soulbinds, and Conduits, to that system lasagna was going to solve the problem is beyond me. When you can't balance 3 aspects of your game, tossing in 3 more aspects which also need balancing is just stupidity and incompetence.

The only way the delay will matter is if they gut the entire system and remove the power the system grants, instead having it be an identity based cosmetically only. Sadly, they literally can't do that seeing as they've, once again ignoring the failures of BfA, designed their expansion around the systems.

WoW needs a new person in charge who isn't looking to reinvent the wheel each expansion. Someone who wants to modify the wheel would be great; using better materials, slightly modified design, etc. We don't need someone who looks at the wheel, ignores it and goes, "Hmm, lets toss something square on the back here, people like squares right?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope to see large changes in the coming weeks then, i'm glad blizz has the nuts to do this

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    The problem here is you are assuming they lied their butt off when you have no evidence of this. And you haven't worked on large scale projects.
    You're living in some magical lala land if you honest to god believe they just found out TODAY, that "oopsies we're way behind schedule and won't make the time". Not one fraction of a chance they haven't known for a while that they're behind. Some people here would defend anything imaginable....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Dam there are some really piss people on the comment about the delay lol