Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    I don't particularly care about the delay, i am in beta anyways, but the fact they don't have a new date is kind of worrying. I assume it will most likely be 2021 simply because they won't release during christmas time and fuck over raiders for the holidays. Don't see the delay really improving things that much, not what people here are expecting (Oh good they are getting rid of covenants!). Don't think people realize either that means you are stuck with pre patch for awhile, meaning scaling might still be fucked, and thus transmog runs fucked as well as corruption-less endgame.

Hopefully it comes out early December at the earliest now. Please for the love of god anything but mid November. Cyberpunk and AC:Valhalla are already dropping then. Don't need even more competition for my time. Honestly wouldn't even be upset with an early 2021 launch at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    Not true for everyone. some places require 30+ days advanced notice for significant time off or the days you would have to schedule for time off have been taken by other people.

People said the same thing about delaying the expansion as well but they did it
    YOu can get away with it one time. A second time? That is a PR fiasco they do not want. That is the kind of fiasco that will cost them money.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    So it's as I thought; refer to my first post. That was just long winded confirmation.
    Confirmation that you need them to be lying liars that lie without any reason to say so? Yup, confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    They have had it on the front page of their website since the day they announced it and have had a coutdown clock at the bottom. They have reiterated it every time you visit their site.
    That's pushing it.

But if y'all think they're horrible liars, I don't know why you're still here anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    People should be happy with the delay. And for those who didn't think there wouldn't be a delay, given the current COVID nightmare we're going through with people closing up their companies and moving to Work-at-home, it should have be 100% a given. I'm glad they're pushing it back, however, they could have told us LOOOONG ago. I'm glad we have a pre-patch timeline tho!

10+ Year Old Account
    Korialstrasz, Aman'thul, Proudmoore, Khaz'goroth, Stormrage, Lightbringer and Aerie Peak
    I'm totally fine with this (been saying around ingame that Prepatch will most likely will be on Oct 13th). Personally I think the announcement of Oct 27th for Shadowlands launch is a bit too early--was expecting 3rd week of November tbh...

I guess what Blizzard can do is have open beta access to everyone on Oct 27th...

My prediction is the expansion will come out on 24th November.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Confirmation that you need them to be lying liars that lie without any reason to say so? Yup, confirmed.

That's pushing it.

But if y'all think they're horrible liars, I don't know why you're still here anyway.
    I am not saying they are liars. All I am saying is that they have been reiterating the release date continuously since they announced it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by discofleshpot View Post
    People should be happy with the delay. And for those who didn't think there wouldn't be a delay, given the current COVID nightmare we're going through with people closing up their companies and moving to Work-at-home, it should have be 100% a given. I'm glad they're pushing it back, however, they could have told us LOOOONG ago. I'm glad we have a pre-patch timeline tho!
    Blizzard got through that issue way back in March. Covid has ZERO to do with this delay.

It is off the table. He took it off the table by saying "later this year". It will be a PR fiasco if they do not get it out this year.
    Oh, you poor, naive child.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin20 View Post
    Delaying a to make sure a product is better is a good call. And maybe Ion was behind that decision. And now you will fire him for it?

This forum is a complete joke sometimes.
    The culmination of idiotic decisions that have led to the inevitable delay of the expansion may have had something to do with his bullshit desire to push through Covenants when it's painfully clear that Blizzard does not have nearly the capacity to balance them correctly. For the record, I'm pro-delay and pro-developer. I've even defended Ion in the past. I'm extremely anti-bullshit, however, and I'm kind of tired of the direction WoW has taken largely under his watch. Maybe having to delay an expansion almost entirely because of difficult to balance systems he has doubled down on will finally help the company realize maybe his vision isn't the best way forward. But hey, I'm just an asshole on the internet with an opinion. What the fuck do I know? This forum sometimes, am I right?

Again, Blizzard makes it's own decisions regarding it's games. Activision has ZERO to do with it. People need to stop with this "Activision is the boogeyman" nonsense.
    lmao they most certainly do not. If Activision told Blizzard to release Shadowlands next week, Blizzard would have to comply. Because Activision quite literally owns them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Oh, you poor, naive child.
    HOw is that naive. Delaying a second time establishes a pattern of stringing the playebase and it doesn't matt er that you aaren't intending to do that. When you look untrustworhtly like that, that is the time when players decide they aren't going to spend money on your product anymore. It will get released this year because Blizzard didn't want to delay in the first place. They do not want to look like they are stringing along the players.

HOw is that naive. Delaying a second time establishes a pattern of stringing the playebase and it doesn't matt er that you aaren't intending to do that. When you look untrustworhtly like that, that is the time when players decide they aren't going to spend money on your product anymore. It will get released this year because Blizzard didn't want to delay in the first place. They do not want to look like they are stringing along the players.
    Well, that's an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    lmao they most certainly do not. If Activision told Blizzard to release Shadowlands next week, Blizzard would have to comply. Because Activision quite literally owns them.
    Quite literally wrong. Activision and Blizzard are two separate companies co-existing under the same roof. That roof is called Activision-Blizzard. So, no. Actvision does not literally own Blizzard. Blizzard makes it's own decisions relating to it's IP's while Activision makes decisions on it's IP's.

"Blizzard has a commitment to quality"

Hearthstone, Overwatch, Warcraft III: Reforged, Diablo III, and Battle for Azeroth have something to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Well, that's an opinion.
    Not an opinion. Business. They absolutely do not want a drove of players leaving at once. That costs them money and can cost people their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Delayed till when? How about a new release date?
    Im thinking around January this time. Shadowlands needs some work rn and i dont think an additional 4 weeks is gonna be much. 8 weeks, we are getting to the realm of possibility. But i believe they should have at least 12 additional weeks from what was announced for release. Theres a whole list of content, bugs, and tuning that need to be worked; including but not limited to the maw in general, class and covenants, and some healing spells or effects not working correctly.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Im thinking around January this time. Shadowlands needs some work rn and i dont think an additional 4 weeks is gonna be much. 8 weeks, we are getting to the realm of possibility. But i believe they should have at least 12 additional weeks from what was announced for release. Theres a whole list of content, bugs, and tuning that need to be worked; including but not limited to the maw in general, class and covenants, and some healing spells or effects not working correctly.
    I have been in beata and I can say this is absolutely false. It is far more ready than you claim.

I don't think we're looking at a massive delay. November or December would be my guess. But whenever it is, let's just make it as polished as it can be.

Not an opinion. Business. They absolutely do not want a drove of players leaving at once. That costs them money and can cost people their jobs.
    There's another opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    I don't think we're looking at a massive delay. November or December would be my guess. But whenever it is, let's just make it as polished as it can be.
    Yea, honestly anyone who thinks they're shooting for 2021 is a bit silly, the fact that they're releasing the prepatch kind of points to only weeks to a month of delay.