Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Corruptions removed and Rank 4 essences become.unobtainable. Same for ahead of the curve achievement (and mount).
    Neck will not be available at level 10, if you plan on leveling an alt.
    Really what I'm wondering is will my (max level) alts still want to care about the neck come pre-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Thats not what I have been hearing from a lot of the testers...
    ANd I have heard from a lot of testers who agree with me and we have seen some in this thread who agree with me. Funny thing about opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    Lol this thread is amazing all the crying from people taking weeks of holiday time to play a game, very entertaining. The delay is good for the game and great for the comedy.
    The delay is probably good for the game but why do you feel the need to laugh at those who had booked time off to do something they enjoy and it has now been crapped on. Says more about you in all honesty.

So we went from the shortest pre patch ever to maybe the longest pre patch ever

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    So we went from the shortest pre patch ever to maybe the longest pre patch ever
    Would be kind of hard, would have to launch dec 15 for it to be the longest, and that's pushing pretty damn close to christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I'm not in beta... is it really that bad still? Curious why they needed the delay.
    They aren't saying why they delayed it. It's not nearly as bad as the Negative Nellies will claim. However it could still use some work.

This is a good sign tho and considering the state of beta it is the ONLY right decision to delay this mess.
    I think even with the delay they will probably not be abled to fix all the issues tho. There is too much going on with
    covenants, conduits, soulbinds, legendaries...probably we will have huge balancing issues for the whole addon.
    But class skills and mechanics not working, buggy boss mechanics, unfinished endgame zone, buggy leveling...the list goes on and on.
    And they need to fix that the best they can.

I took two weeks off from work because I wanted to just go full mancave mode like back in the good ol days. But yeah, guess
    Im gonna spend my time on something else then. Messing up the whole release would be way more devastating for the game as
    delaying it for a few weeks.
    And well, we can go for several cyberpunk playthroughs while we're waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    ANd I have heard from a lot of testers who agree with me and we have seen some in this thread who agree with me. Funny thing about opinions.
    If it was close to ready like you claimed then they would have released it as scheduled..

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post

Burning Crusade was delayed 3 months so people complaining are either new or have very poor memory.
    BC launched nearly 14 years ago. Not really poor memory for people not being able to remember that a decade and a half ago.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    If it was close to ready like you claimed then they would have released it as scheduled..
    No. It can be close to ready but not enough to release on time. There can be exactly one major bug that causes it's delays, such as the one realm connection they haven't been able to finish yet. The game is actually ready, but they can't release it until all realms are able to get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lmao imagine taking vacation to play wow... My god.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    But the pre-patch isn't anything content wise for someone already playing the game, a pet to farm, some ilvl 100 items to farm and try out your new class builds that will take an hour to get used to? Why is the pre-patch hyped up so much, it is almost of no value.
    I guess content is a bad word for it. Yes, there isn't really content per se, but class changes like the ones we get make current content feel somewhat fresh. With the removal of corruptions and how scaling typically works in prepatches, it also gives your alts a greater shot at higher end content you can play around with. I just remember having a ton of fun during the Legion prepatch, even discounting demon hunter play.
    Last edited by Nize; 2020-10-02 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Lmao imagine taking vacation to play wow... My god.
    People take vacations for hobbies and to get so shitfaced for a week that they don't even remember it. Whats funny or odd about taking time off for wow in that context? Unless you just want to come across as some cringy edgelord, in which case, job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    People take vacations for hobbies and to get so shitfaced for a week that they don't even remember it. Whats funny or odd about taking time off for wow in that context? Unless you just want to come across as some cringy edgelord, in which case, job done.
    I'd rather take vacation to sit and play my favorite game then take a vacation to some place that i have to be so stressed out the whole time due to scheduling and shit that i come back more tired then when i left lol.

That's how every family vacation ended up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Serious question do people really take vacation time when a new WoW expansion is released?

I can't even comprehend anyone actually doing that.

I used to, so I get the people that do, but after getting screwed a couple of times I stopped. If it isn't one thing it's another. As you mentioned, it used to be super crowded or there were major bugs, and if it wasn't that it was hosed addons, server problems, DDoS attacks, etc. I'd burn vacation time and I don't think I ever got even half done of what I wanted to get done so...

Of course I'm also 10+ years older than I was then, so now I'm more like "Eeeeeehhhh, it'll still be there come the weekend." To each his own though.

Edit:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The Impressive Influence 100% reputation buff has returned and will continue through the entirety of October.
    Woot.
    Last edited by Dawnseven; 2020-10-02 at 02:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Would be kind of hard, would have to launch dec 15 for it to be the longest, and that's pushing pretty damn close to christmas.
    Oh, lets not involve cata into this.

Fine, second longest pre patch. Only need 7 weeks for that. I have always guessed the 24th of November for the release date. I might be correct afterall. Though I don't want to be, I guess earliest we can hope for is second week in November.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Oh, lets not involve cata into this.

Fine, second longest pre patch. Only need 7 weeks for that. I have always guessed the 24th of November for the release date. I might be correct afterall. Though I don't want to be, I guess earliest we can hope for is second week in November.
    24th is a major US holiday week, I do really doubt that.

Honestly this sounds promising, in the past sticking to schedules meant rushed unpolished content, id rather wait another 2 months and have decent content than eat my food before its cooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkerbo View Post
    This is great news, maybe, just maybe, this is the return to the "release it when its ready" method of game design.
    This small thing actually gives me hope for Shadowlands.
    The best possible outcome we can hope for considering the longevity of the game is for the delay to allow the dev/design team to incorporate the feedback provided and make material changes based on player feedback. The changes then lead to really positive player engagement and Shadowlands is not meme'd into BfA 2.0.

This would then support those within Blizzard who would advocate the "when it's ready" approach and shine a bright light on the failures they experience when they try to push something through when it's not good to go (Like WC3 reforged and BfA).

However, if the changes are immaterial or they don't get that +ve customer feedback, it'll be a blow to players 2fold. 1 because the game sucks and 2 because future delays will likely be avoided as sentiment will be "Tried that, didnt help us anyway"

Can't wait for after the delay for bug fixes and tuning when we get a game with 0 bugs, every class within .1% of each other and no further needed balance patches to classes/raids/dungeons.

/s