Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Warriors. Right now they're so useless at lvl 60 that no one save Warriors would notice if they were deleted from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Quaade View Post
    Warriors. Right now they're so useless at lvl 60 that no one save Warriors would notice if they were deleted from the game.
    Fury plays alright & brings the AP buff. It's damage isn't super competitive, but that'll get tuned at some point. I'm not too concerned about my raid spot as a DPS Warrior right now.

Arms, on the other hand... Arms needs some love.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Comparable damage Maybe check something besides LFR logs.

Anyway, bug fixes, general balancing, & making The Maw not suck is all I hope for & expect from this delay. The rest of the Shadowlands either looks good or isn't going to be changed (like the capital being a bit bland), so I don't think it's too much to ask.
    One spec, try again. Of course there is going to be outliner or even 3. Plus you have 2 rings, not just one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Well no you are utterly incorrect but you know what I'm ok with that.

I hope you have a good day.
    Nope I am not. Numerical balance is easy to do compared to finding and fixing bugs. It's not even up to discussion. Every programmer/developer will tell you that.

I think class design and system revamps are done. The only exception is maybe DH's fodder to the flame, because it really doesn't work and they said that they would change it a while back. It will be mostly tuning and bug fixes now, both of which need a lot of work.

And for the few people saying that tuning/balancing affects only the 1%... Getting a legendary and then having a hotfix nerfing it by like 70% or more would be a huge clusterfuck for almost everyone who got it and definitely not just the "1%". And it's not only about legendaries ofc.

So, it goes without saying that they need to somewhat balance the game and then release it. Later they can fine tune, but hopefully they won't have to do big nerfs, etc, especially to legendaries, because it's not something you can change on the fly, but something you grinded for it and most importantly, grinded time gated resources as well. Meaning that people should not underestimate the importance of tuning. And I am not talking about tuning everything to be within a 1-3% margin, but reasonable tuning that eliminates the need for huge nerfs later on.
    Last edited by orsraunia; 2020-10-09 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by orsraunia View Post
    And for the few people saying that tuning/balancing affects only the 1%... Getting a legendary and then having a hotfix nerfing it by like 70% or more would be a huge clusterfuck for almost everyone who got it and definitely not just the "1%". And it's not only about legendaries ofc.

So, it goes without saying that they need to somewhat balance the game and then release it. Later they can fine tune, but hopefully they won't have to do big nerfs, etc, especially to legendaries, because it's not something you can change on the fly, but something you grinded for it and most importantly, grinded time gated resources as well. Meaning that people should not underestimate the importance of tuning. And I am not talking about tuning everything to be within a 1-3% margin, but reasonable tuning that eliminates the need for huge nerfs later on.
    That is actually exactly what they shouldn't do. They should just tell playerbase to pick what they like because best options are going to be nerfed.
    And there is no reason to not do so.

Ideal system would be balancing patches every week ie nerfing best options so they are mid-pack and buffing worst ones so they are higher up.
    So that king wouldn't rule for more than a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Fury plays alright & brings the AP buff. It's damage isn't super competitive, but that'll get tuned at some point. I'm not too concerned about my raid spot as a DPS Warrior right now.

Arms, on the other hand... Arms needs some love.
    After Condemn was lowered for Fury it's dubious if even the BS buff can make enough of a difference. It's +5% AP instead of +5% DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Quaade View Post
    After Condemn was lowered for Fury it's dubious if even the BS buff can make enough of a difference. It's +5% AP instead of +5% DPS.
    I'm not worried about tuning as much as I'm worried about gameplay at this point. Fury plays just fine, & the condemn nerf kinda made sense given how whirlwind interacts with our single target abilities. Arms just doesn't play as good. It was a poor spec with a few heavy bandages on it (corruptions/essences), but now they're gone, it's easy to see just how bad it is.

Yeah, when borrowed power is spec-based then the borrowed power can be used to shore u weaknesses. When it's class-based then you're sol unless the borrowed power fits your spec.