Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't think it is a balance issue.

It has "game breaking" bugs in it which Blizzard couldn't fix in the last few weeks.

What should be changed? The pointlessly long CD on respecing your soulbinds and conduits. Other than that, just better balancing, and reworking some of the covenant spells that are falling short.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Should and will are different things. The covenant system is a failure and should be condensed into a talent row. What I imagine will happen is the numbers will be brought closer in line.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    No thanks! Horrible idea.
    Far better than we currently have, especially with the ridiculous timegate between switching.

They’ll be your talents in the next expansion anyway

Should we shout for pull the ripcord now that we have more time?

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    Should we shout for pull the ripcord now that we have more time?
    When you say pull the ripcord maybe I missed out on that. What is that calling for exactly?

SL is the new cyberpunk 2077
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Rumred View Post
    When you say pull the ripcord maybe I missed out on that. What is that calling for exactly?
    Pulling the break on the covenant system, specifically allowing for the chance to swap talents around more freely so that it won't cause a negative gameplay experience for people who care about performance and playing several specs.

Buff Warriors and ship it
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Hellbound Bloodhound View Post
    Pulling the break on the covenant system, specifically allowing for the chance to swap talents around more freely so that it won't cause a negative gameplay experience for people who care about performance and playing several specs.
    What you mean to say is "people that aren't okay with being in a covenant they don't like".

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    SL is the new cyberpunk 2077
    If cyberpunk 2077 and wow get released at the same date, i know what i will play.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellbound Bloodhound View Post
    Removing the one week cooldown on soul binds? I am not sure tbh why that was ever a thing to start with....

This is good, but it is wholly the devs fault.

I don't know what possessed them to make all these systems at launch, but i hope they learn not to do it again and instead just do set bonuses and add a new class like they used to. What we have lost due to these systems is simply not worth it.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-10-01 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumred View Post
    covenant abilities free swap (not the covenant, just the ability)

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    This is good, but it is wholly the devs fault.

I don't know what possessed them to make all these systems at launch, but i hope they learn not to do it again and instead just to set bonuses and add a new class like they used to. What we have lost due to these systems is simply not worth it.
    I'm fairly sure they have admitted they are worried about making a "simple" expansion ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    It's only useless if you decide to sit at home and do nothing.
    Yeah because we can do so much else right now. Espacially in fall. Where i live that means rain and about 5 degrees. So outside is nothing. Everythign else is closed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    But why? Do you think people seriously go "play on October 26th or don't play at all"?

I know ppl predicted that folks would want their pre-orders refunded if it doesn't come out in 2020...but let us be real here...if you pre-order, you are already hooked beyond redemption ^^
    I did. Because work doesn't give me much time due to project deadlines. ALso holidays like christams are for family. They should just delay it until 2021 and be doen with it

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    But why? Do you think people seriously go "play on October 26th or don't play at all"?

I know ppl predicted that folks would want their pre-orders refunded if it doesn't come out in 2020...but let us be real here...if you pre-order, you are already hooked beyond redemption ^^
    People took off work, and instead of announcing a delay in a time frame that many could reschedule (hell, last week could have been fine for a lot) they announce it 3 weeks before and in the same month as the release date, when a lot of people are already locked in now and can't reschedule. It would have been much more professional to announce a week or more ago, or not give a date at all yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Heph47 View Post
    Remove the damage-dealing abilities from Covenants; put three of them into a new talent row and give one of them as the expansions' new ability. I'm sure that would appease a good number of players, and remove at least a part of Blizzards' balancing headache.
    There is also good number of players who wants to see the system play out. They are a balancing headache whether they are locked to a covenant or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    People are just speculating as to why the delay, but none really no for sure..
    We literally know why, they straight up said it. "it's clear we need more time for polish, and to balance and iterate on interlocking pieces - particularly those related to the endgame."

In other words, the fear and experiences of players throughout the alpha and beta were once again pretty spot on; that the Covenant system and more in depth the system lasagna they have created, are something that will never be able to be balanced. Likewise, instead of just admitting that truth and opening the system entirely to the abilities being talent choices and the covenants being an identity, they're going to stick to their guns and delay in the ill guided hope that they can somehow, magically, pull the balance out of their asses in a month or so of delay; something they haven't been able to get right in 16 years of the game so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    There is also good number of players who wants to see the system play out. They are a balancing headache whether they are locked to a covenant or not.
    We'd all like to see it play out well, but there comes a time when we all need to accept that it isn't going to happen. Giving 1 baseline and 3 others as a talent choice is a balance nightmare, but it isn't nearly as restrictive of one like we're going to get. The talents can be adjusted based on the content you want to play. A covenant is a choice with many restrictions and a fairly long cooldown period between switches.
    Last edited by Thetruth1400; 2020-10-01 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    People took off work, and instead of announcing a delay in a time frame that many could reschedule (hell, last week could have been fine for a lot) they announce it 3 weeks before and in the same month as the release date, when a lot of people are already locked in now and can't reschedule. It would have been much more professional to announce a week or more ago, or not give a date at all yet.
    To me this sounds like a really weak strawman argument. I have never heard of not being able to cancel vacation time off. Perhaps you can help me out and give me an example.