Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Nothing will be changed. You don't delay the release but also expand the development scope, that would defeat the purpose. They'll just take more time to do what they were already planning to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    To me this sounds like a really weak strawman argument. I have never heard of not being able to cancel vacation time off. Perhaps you can help me out and give me an example.
    I used to work in a Plasma lab/donation center, if I wanted time off I needed to schedule it 2 months ahead of time and if I needed to make any changes it had to be approved a month before. On top of that, there was a good chance I wouldn't get it anyway if I wasn't quick enough because we had minimum staffing requirements by law and that only allowed 2-3 people to take vacation on any given day out of a staff of almost 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I'm fairly sure they have admitted they are worried about making a "simple" expansion ever again.
    They really shouldn't. Cause no one ever asked for borrowed power systems, like... ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    They really shouldn't. Cause no one ever asked for borrowed power systems, like... ever.
    I'm half and half, because I don't think that concern pertains to their dedicated fanbase. They must have some kind of inhouse metrics that points to borrowed power making an expansion more interesting for the mass majority of players, at the expense of alienating the few that are tired of it: though, they may just be getting the wrong idea of what people liked about Legion.

But I do think this is a case of appealing to the kinds of players who aren't on MMOC.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Going to be a LOT of refund requests and charge backs.
    I can only speak for myself, but I actually pre-ordered after seeing this announcement. Granted, I was already considering it - but Blizzard taking page from Miyamoto and actually delaying an expansion for once is a step in the right direction imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    I can only speak for myself, but I actually pre-ordered after seeing this announcement. Granted, I was already considering it - but Blizzard taking page from Miyamoto and actually delaying an expansion for once is a step in the right direction imo.
    That quote though is from a time when you had to release your game perfect off the bat. Plenty of games now release in a garbage state but are remembered for their fixed state. FFXIV, NMS, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    sorry i thought Q3 was Sept, Oct, Nov and Q4 was Dec, Jan, Feb. Thanks for telling me.
    It refers to a quarter of the year, its as simple as that. Month 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12. Doesn't cross year boundary =)

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    If cyberpunk 2077 and wow get released at the same date, i know what i will play.
    Me too and this is a sad sign if you ask me.

Making a video game is harder with everyone at home I would imagine. For the first time in a long while I can honestly say I am happy that they actually are worried about the product they are releasing instead of just going with the release some busted junk and fixed as we go mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    I understand what you mean. But is it that crazy to trust a official release date?
    Considering everything that’s gone on this year, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by superbipbip6 View Post
    i've never been a beta such LONG, and yet with NO major weekly patch
    What are you talking about. The beta updates every week on Wednesday almost like clockwork. It for sure did yesterday.

Are you sure you are actually in the beta?

10+ Year Old Account
    Posts like this is the reason people will still be pissed even after this delay. I highly, highly doubt you will get anything more than a more specific polish pass and maybe conduit weekly cooldown being removed. But thinking covenants will get fundamentally changed? That will take half a year or more of a delay because the entire system would have to be redesigned and they would need a new hook to sell players, since a cosmetic only covenant system is incredibly lackluster.

Anyone else think Shadowlands was supposed to have a class? [Necromancer/Dark Ranger]?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Anyone else think Shadowlands was supposed to have a class? [Necromancer/Dark Ranger]?
    It could have been talked about in the concept stages but from what we have seen it likely would have never made it past that if it was ever talked about at all.

I'm glad to see them do it, but the reality is they'll never manage to balance that convoluted mess of systems.

more customization! lots!

I don't know if anything needs to be changed beyond tuning, but I do think there needs to be much more iteration before release. Especially with the awful new heirloom bonuses.

Seems like those two niches are already covered, no?
    Both in terms of themes as well as in potential gameplay.

Summoning dead things & plagues: DK
    Debilitating soul/life draining magic magic: warlock
    Attacking with a neverending host of disposable minions: also warlocks.

And if i recall correctly hunters even had a "Black Arrow" spell at some point, so pretty sure Dark Ranger would just be a forsaken hunter with funky eyes.

Now in regards to stuff not yet covered by existent classes Maiev comes to mind (mostly due to her curious kit in HotS and WC3, excacerbated by her odd armor), but a warden seems too limited in options to get enough speccs out of it, to say nothing of the overlap with rogues.
    Others that i could see working would be mixing martial and magic in a nonaligned way, as in the spellblade boss of the Nighthold.
    And finally there's tech based stuff like tinkers and alchemists which would certainly qualify but which have been discussed to death and beyond already, so i'mma avoid that one.

Easier to swap covenants and conduits (basically like talents). Covenant choice focusing on story and cosmetics, not player power, which won't be easily switchable (something like it is now, can be even more severe if its mostly story).

Pvp gear requiring no rating but focusing on pvp power, so it wont majorly compete with pve gear. Let people who love pvp have the best gear from there, even if they're not 2k+. It sucks that you have to pve to be pvp competitive even if all you wanna do on a char is pvp. With pvp gear no longer competitive vs mythic+/raid gear in pve, can make the grind for it short too, so pvers can hop in easily. Make honor currency give good quick starter gear with pvp-only stats (not versatility, something thats purely op for pvp like MoP PvP Power or WoD pvp item level scaling). and conquest give slower and only slightly better gear, but the best for pvp.

Make the maw actually functioning. Give you a reason to kill atuff there if you like, but make it a challenge not because of uncounterable time mechanics but rather because the mobs are engaging. Make it a choice if you solo the toughest areas. The debuff mechanic is alright but it shouldnt be the main difficulty, an mmo should have threatening mobs outdoors.

If all of the above happen, SL will be perfect for me.

Important but less critical stuff:

Make a pass on pvp and pve balance.

5+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Shadowlands delayed? lets talk real fast.

Delay the expansion. That's fine, a finished game is better than a rushed one.
    However,
    With the dumpster fire that is BFA still clutching at our ankle and with the prepatch coming in 2 weeks we need to talk about 2 things.
    1st Make the Heart of Azeroth instant 85 and essences account wide for all alts.
    2nd Make the cloak instant 15 on quest completion or make upgrades purchasable by the 8.3 factions/Wrathion.
    With us being stuck with 2 months of Prepatch the only thing to do will be to level Alts until the Icecrown/Scourge invasion comes and when they do they drop loot equivalent to Normal Nyalotha then making the raid obsolete.
    The delay made alot of people happy, but having to continue to grind BFA systems in the Shadowlands prepatch won't.