Impressive Influence buff is back

The one that gives 100% bonus rep for Legion and BFA factions. Just saw it ingame. Probably extended to at least prepatch.

Had it disappeared? I thought it was always lasting until the prepatch?

Yes, it ended at midnight, as was expected (they said it only would last the whole month of September), but I just noticed it being back in-game. So happy right now!
    Last edited by azuraji; 2020-10-01 at 09:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    refrained from doing the dailies just in case. a day not wasted good luck everyone grinding the time gated rng.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can confirm, just logged in to check.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    Had it disappeared? I thought it was always lasting until the prepatch?
    No, the original article stated it was to stay up until the end of September. It disappeared when it turned October 1st. Looks like they brought it back until pre-patch due to what is going on.

I'm stoked it's back! I too didn't read the original post about when it ended and just assumed it would go to prepatch. I had a bunch of class hall rep tokens I was going to send to alts, then the buff was suddenly gone and I was like "aww." Plus, I was enjoying working on the Legion paragon mounts again.

Blizzard announced SLands being delayed to later this year and prepatch on the 13th soooooo most likely the case

on the topic of rep, i want to get exalter with Silvermoon for my BE Herritage set, does my toon have to be 120? if i wear the tabard, how do i gain rep from dungeons (is it any dungeon or only dungeons of a certain level?)
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    on the topic of rep, i want to get exalter with Silvermoon for my BE Herritage set, does my toon have to be 120? if i wear the tabard, how do i gain rep from dungeons (is it any dungeon or only dungeons of a certain level?)
    Yes it has to be 120. As for dungeons I recommend the Mechanar.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    thank you, how come the mechanar?
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

10+ Year Old Account
    So, tabard lets you get rep from any dungeon. There are some dungeons out there that lets you get from friendly->exalted in an hour because of a boss or another that spawns infinite adds that gives rep - not sure which ones though. You also need to be 120 AND complete one quest or another, can't remember which ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Botanica is better, due to two factors: number of bosses and the fact that when you defeat the last boss you can walk straight out without having to back track.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    No, the original article stated it was to stay up until the end of September. It disappeared when it turned October 1st. Looks like they brought it back until pre-patch due to what is going on.
    Don't think just prepatch, it says through the month of Oct. It's going to be going on during prepatch.

Botanica is drastically better. It is pretty quick to run, more bosses (so bigger rep gains) and the last boss puts you at the exit so you can go back in. Mechanar has the exit at the end too, but has about 3 bosses shorter and a lot less trash along with a lot of backtracking in the instance due to the unlock mechanism.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Don't think just prepatch, it says through the month of Oct. It's going to be going on during prepatch.
    That's probably the case. I was just going by it coming back and quick guessing as I haven't seen an article yet.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Botanica is drastically better. It is pretty quick to run, more bosses (so bigger rep gains) and the last boss puts you at the exit so you can go back in. Mechanar has the exit at the end too, but has about 3 bosses shorter and a lot less trash along with a lot of backtracking in the instance due to the unlock mechanism..
    Both Botanica and Mechanar have 5 bosses

- - - Updated - - -

I googled it and Mechanar was recommended. Others have been saying Botanica though. I’d run both Mechanar and Botanica and see which you like running better

Mechanar has 3 bosses and 2 mini bosses that don't give boss rep. Mechanar is also recommended if you want quick clears. In the end Bot nets more.

I had a bunch of class hall rep tokens I was going to send to alts, then the buff was suddenly gone and I was like "aww."

I googled it and Mechanar was recommended. Others have been saying Botanica though. I’d run both Mechanar and Botanica and see which you like running better
    So I wanted to go back and add some numbers to the runs after doing them. Pulling every single mob in the instance and looting them all got me these results:

Mechanar: 2595 rep @ 4 minutes 39 seconds which results at about 9.3 rep/sec
    Botanica: 3535 rep @ 4 minutes 58 seconds which results at about 11.9 rep/sec

So both are pretty close, but if you want more bang per run then you'll want Botanica. You also get 10 instances per hour and with both you'll need to wait about 10 minutes before you can enter again, roughly.

After running the example above I'm at 27,951 rep until exalted so that puts Mechanar at needing 10.8 runs while Botanica needs only 7.9 runs.
    If you are starting at 0 neutral then you are looking at 16.2 runs in Mechanar and only 11.9 in Botanica.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2020-10-04 at 06:24 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    So I wanted to go back and add some numbers to the runs after doing them. Pulling every single mob in the instance and looting them all got me these results:

Mechanar: 2595 rep @ 4 minutes 39 seconds which results at about 9.3 rep/sec
    Botanica: 3535 rep @ 4 minutes 58 seconds which results at about 11.9 rep/sec

So both are pretty close, but if you want more bang per run then you'll want Botanica. You also get 10 instances per hour and with both you'll need to wait about 10 minutes before you can enter again, roughly.

After running the example above I'm at 27,951 rep until exalted so that puts Mechanar at needing 10.8 runs while Botanica needs only 7.9 runs.
    If you are starting at 0 neutral then you are looking at 16.2 runs in Mechanar and only 11.9 in Botanica.
    that's annoying. I should've done Botanica instead of the Mechanar which was recommended to me. ah well. good to know for future runs