Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
17
... LastLast
  1. #281
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    7,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    This is exactly the math everyone bragging about paying with gold should be doing before throwing hundreds of hours away to save a few bucks.
    While what you say may be true for some people, it's based on an assumption that doesn't necessarily hold true in that people are devoting time specifically to make gold in order to save money.

    I spend the time I do in the game as recreation time and the gold I make is a by-product thereof.

  2. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    While what you say may be true for some people, it's based on an assumption that doesn't necessarily hold true in that people are devoting time specifically to make gold in order to save money.

    I spend the time I do in the game as recreation time and the gold I make is a by-product thereof.
    I applaud this. This is exactly what should matter.

  3. #283
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Actually the deadline that was given with the pre-order was "on or before December 31st".

    That is the contractually binding deadline. The announcement they made later that it would be out on October 27th did not change that, as it was in the contractual parameters and no one bought a pre-order with that date stated in the text I am sure. So even with the delay now they still are in the deadline, as long as they are not crossing into 2021.
    In fact I don't think they would have to offer refunds yet, that is probably them saying they are sorry and being nice.
    WRONG! When they released the Pre-order date, everyone pre-ordered it after the date has the expectation of it being released on this date. It does not matter if then later in the store it still says 31st December or before; this is an accurate date of it, and people buy it with this expectation in mind. Especially in the EU consumer laws are very strict in this regard; EULAs are often not worth the paper they are written, since in many cases they directly oppose the laws, and in this cases, the law always wins against them. So even if the "contractual date" say something different is completely irrelevant. Advertising a date and not delivering it is misleading a consumer. So at least here it's not a gesture of being nice, it's the law.

    Also: In the EU you have always the right to refund before the release-date anyway, so it doesn't matter in this regard.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2020-10-05 at 07:21 PM.

  4. #284
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,377
    Wow so someone bought Shadowlands as a gift for someone else a few months ago.... guess they had a falling out with said person because then this happened: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...ients-consent/

  5. #285
    FYI - Just tried to get a refund for epic edition in Europe and they said they are unable to refund me because I purchased the epic edition ))

    Blizz customer for 15 years, wow sub for over 10, bought a bunch of CE and spent way too much money on HS. But guess Activision needs my 75euro rather then keep happiness with a loyal customer.

    Shadowlands - Server first 60 Rogue on Tarren-Mill EU
    Classic - Server first 60 Rogue on Gandling EU
    Server first Ragnaros, World 6th

  6. #286
    Over 9000! Kyphael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,027
    Refund fo the delay? I'm happy they delayed it! Now the final product will be a little more polished and I can enjoy Shadowlands without feeling FOMO because I wasn't going to go there right away. If anything, I should be paying Blizzard!

    hey wait

  7. #287
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Refund fo the delay? I'm happy they delayed it! Now the final product will be a little more polished and I can enjoy Shadowlands without feeling FOMO because I wasn't going to go there right away. If anything, I should be paying Blizzard!

    hey wait
    Now the final product could potentially be a little more polished.

    Remember, there is no guarantee that a bit more time will make things better. At least they have the potential to make it better now.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post
    FYI - Just tried to get a refund for epic edition in Europe and they said they are unable to refund me because I purchased the epic edition ))

    Blizz customer for 15 years, wow sub for over 10, bought a bunch of CE and spent way too much money on HS. But guess Activision needs my 75euro rather then keep happiness with a loyal customer.
    You consider yourself a loyal customer, even though you demanded a refund because they asked for more time to attempt to make the product better?

  8. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post
    FYI - Just tried to get a refund for epic edition in Europe and they said they are unable to refund me because I purchased the epic edition ))

    Blizz customer for 15 years, wow sub for over 10, bought a bunch of CE and spent way too much money on HS. But guess Activision needs my 75euro rather then keep happiness with a loyal customer.
    Yeah you seem loyal.

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Yeah you seem loyal.
    Yeah honestly, whatever their reason for delaying is - balancing, broken quests and phasing bugs, classes not playing well, or some other technical issue we are not aware of, it is absolutely done to benifit the consumer. Because this decision is without a doubt costing Blizzard massive amounts of money, and isnt great for the PR either.

    They may not be perfectly clear about their actual reason for the delay, but it certainly isnt for selfish reasons.

    So i find it very strange behavior from a "loyal" customer to demand a refund.

  10. #290
    I got time of work for the release which I cannot reschedule. If I cannot play the first two weeks I did not want to play Shadowlands release and would never have bought the prerelease. I might've chosen to do so at a later date when I know my working schedule.

    Shadowlands - Server first 60 Rogue on Tarren-Mill EU
    Classic - Server first 60 Rogue on Gandling EU
    Server first Ragnaros, World 6th

  11. #291
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Not in Europe Anymore Yay
    Posts
    6,542
    It's tempting tbh.

  12. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post
    I got time of work for the release which I cannot reschedule. If I cannot play the first two weeks I did not want to play Shadowlands release and would never have bought the prerelease. I might've chosen to do so at a later date when I know my working schedule.
    So because your leave doesnt line up with the release you dont want to play the expansion at all? This kind of attitude reminds me of a toddler throwing a tantrum and saying "no, i dont want it at all now" because you gave them the WRONG apple from the fruit bowl. It is unfortunate that you cannot change your leave, but i dont see how that is cause to refund the product unless you literally only play wow for those 2 weeks and then would unsub and never touch it again.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    It's tempting tbh.
    Getting a refund? The only logical reason to refund the game is if you are so unhappy with the delay that you will never play the expansion. If people genuinely believe a company the size of Acti-Blizz care if a handful of kids refund their pre-order, they are delusional. Especially since so many of them are just trying to make some childish point, and will end up giving Acti-Blizz their money back a few weeks later.

    I also find it amusing how so many people applaud CDPR for delaying CP2077, and yet attack Blizzard for the same thing.

  13. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    If you make a decent income you can buy this game in 2 hours or less of work time. how much time does it take for you to make almost 600,000 gold to pay for tokens that will pay for game?, and please don't give me that internet bs that you can make it in under an hour.
    30/hour is WAY above decent and normal income, though your point is valid.

  14. #294
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMatticus View Post
    30/hour is WAY above decent and normal income, though your point is valid.
    In the US, the "average" is $27/hour, so not a HUGE gap, but i certainly appreciate this is absolutely NOT the case in other parts of the world.

  15. #295
    Banned FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    22,257
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    The chance after dec 31 is very high.
    That is why the refund.

    Blizzard could get sued.
    that is not even close to how law works.

  16. #296
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    In the US, the "average" is $27/hour, so not a HUGE gap, but i certainly appreciate this is absolutely NOT the case in other parts of the world.
    ? I goggled average hourly wage usa and the first 30 sites had it at $11???

    Edit- also saw the $27, I assume that does not include shit like mcdonalds cuz there is no way the average is $27. Usa has hilariously low minimum wage.
    Last edited by Caerrona; 2020-10-06 at 03:41 AM.

  17. #297
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    That is the contractually binding deadline.
    No it isn't stop playing internet lawyer.

    Blizzard could post tomorrow that they are going to scrap SL and as long as they allow refunds (and they do) they are legally protected. But by all means try to go after them over this, That would be amusing to see.

    This isn't the first time a game is delayed, They are not contracted to shit, stop trying to be a internet lawyer.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    In the US, the "average" is $27/hour, so not a HUGE gap, but i certainly appreciate this is absolutely NOT the case in other parts of the world.
    Where in the flying fuck did you get those numbers? You clearly don't live in the US if you think the average here is $27 a hour.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|Nvidia Founders Edition RTX 3070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|16GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  18. #298
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    ? I goggled average hourly wage usa and the first 30 sites had it at $11???

    Edit- also saw the $27, I assume that does not include shit like mcdonalds cuz there is no way the average is $27. Usa has hilariously low minimum wage.
    https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/wages

    Based on your "that obviously doesnt include mcdonalds" suggests you are not confident in what an average is.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post



    Where in the flying fuck did you get those numbers? You clearly don't live in the US if you think the average here is $27 a hour.
    https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/wages

    Im on my phone so havnt done any "research"

  19. #299
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Im on my phone so havnt done any "research"
    I can tell...

    Over half of the adult work force in the US makes equal to or a bit over the federal minimum wage ($7.25). You are reading your link completely wrong fyi.

    If you think the average wage here is $27 a hour I would love to see those jobs.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|Nvidia Founders Edition RTX 3070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|16GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  20. #300
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I can tell...

    Over half of the adult work force in the US makes equal to or a bit over the federal minimum wage ($7.25). You are reading your link completely wrong fyi.

    If you think the average wage here is $27 a hour I would love to see those jobs.
    Oh I see, you are just confusing average with median. A simple mistake, not a big deal.

    For the record, last I looked the median wage was around $15usd/hour
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-10-06 at 04:26 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •