Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Unhappy that they want to release a polished/finished game?
    Get your emotions in check bra!
    Imo people seem to be more upset about them giving the release date at all if they weren't sure they will have the game finished by that - and for giving the information so close to the release. There is nothing wrong about being pissed if the product you've ordered is delayed, even if it means you will get a better product in the end.

Personally I don't mind - I can wait for one or two months longer as I had no plans of taking time off to play WoW. But I perfectly understand those that did and are pissed because of it. Refunding it if you enjoy the game and want to play it is just childish rage though, but being upset is normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    I got the heroic-edition refunded, and I had used the 120-boost, so its strange you got yours denied.
    The issue is the gametime. They can block you from using the boosted character but they can't undo the month of gametime you already used.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Bruh trust me, delaying the product is the best possible outcome. It would've been 10x worse than BfA at launch

Quote Originally Posted by Yorimar View Post
    then nothing. you just reactivate what was already there, you wont get it a second time
    Darnit....

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    omg hahahah refund a pre order just because they're delaying to fix bugs? Jesus dude, not saying it's you but people that would do it are so impatient, I struggle to understand how they can cope with reality being this way
    In not-retarded countries, delays will grant the customer a legal right to demand a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Im just mad because i took time of for this. We're nok talking about many days but still a waste for me.
    Your personal discomfort is a sacrifice we are willing to make for a polished game at release.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoxu View Post
    What happens is that the character you boosted becomes unplayable because i did it for WoD, used my 90 boost and then my WoD purchase refunded. Once it is refunded you get a warning which says that you need to buy WoD to play the character.
    No Refunds, if you have Gametime Used.

When you grow up you will understand that people make different decisions than you, depending on their life-situations.

That being said, I already got my pre-order refunded but for different reasons.
    Am, who refunds for this needs to grow up... I don't mind refunding, its a must for online shops... But refunding because the developer has to postpone the release for a month is as childish as it can be. I get that the game is bad, or something else they promised... but this is a MMO, we are playing it for 16years... it is covered by content creators more than any other game there is... Its almost impossible to not know how it is before the release...

I mean the pre order had the date last day of december,anyone re funding because of this delay is being silly

You can also contact your credit card-company and tell you that you paid for a service you cannot use, and they will refund you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tincjin View Post
    They are doing this for legal reasons, and I agree with what the majority said here - whoever is refunding because of the delay are drama queens. I hate BfA and cannot wait for it to be over, but I can find another game to play while they work on SL and make it good.

What I do wonder however, is that I pre-order physical CE, which according to Blizzard should be shipped in 2 weeks. Now with the delay, I do wonder if I will still receive according to the original release date, or are they also holding up the physical copies until the new release. I do not find any information regarding that.
    I don't have any evidence, but i suspect some of them might ship still. These are all printed and likely were arriving at retailers in the next week or so. Honestly, even if they arrive at peoples houses, it would change nothing. I am not even sure if the Physicals were coming with disks or not this round, and even if it did, the disk wouldn't magically allow people to play SL.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Here is the relevant excerpt :

During this additional time, we'll be focusing on further polishing the overall experience, as well as fine-tuning and balancing aspects of the endgame—helping ensure what's waiting for you on your journey into the Shadowlands meets our high standards and your high expectations. We think you'll enjoy this expansion even more as a result of the extra work, but we understand if you're disappointed by the wait—if you'd prefer a refund*, please visit our Customer Support site.

- - - Updated - - -

You can also contact your credit card-company and tell you that you paid for a service you cannot use, and they will refund you.
    Which is irrelevant for the service, because you can use the service.
    The pre-purchase is not a service, but a product - and that product guaranteed delivery this year.

Just contact Blizzard - they are allowing the refund, no need to be irrational.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    You shouldn't fucking preorder in the first place. Stop giving companies money today for a product they might deliver tomorrow.
    I pre-order for the Pre-order ”Bonuses” not for the expansion itself.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    I can't see why a delay would want people to cancel anyway. Unless you're on an insanely strict schedule, getting a game later than planned shouldn't make you want to play it less.
    Unless things have changed recently, preordering terms stated the game would be released before 31Dec2020. Going off the launcher splash screen and advertisements, it's still saying Q4 release for the Shadowlands. Q4 is between Oct 1 and Dec 31, so it lines up with the original terms when I preordered a long time ago. Regardless of the released Oct 27 date and it's subsequent change, there's no change in terms of when the game was originally slated to be released: Q4. If you want to do the Blizzcon statement of "fall", well... that's still technically anytime before Dec 21 of this year, as winter begins at the very end of December.

Canceling because of a delay that still falls in line of the original stated release time frame is a bit silly. If one has been following the development, or even better has been playing the beta, it was painfully obvious that there's a TON of work that needs to be done. There's a lot of mainstream systems that get all the press, such as Covenants, but there's a bunch of minor systems and issues that still haven't been fixed for months. Every build I end up submitting a bunch of bug reports that I've already submitted in previous builds, many of which would be highly visible to players. Even when Blizz said Oct 27, the state of beta at that time did not indicate the game would be ready by then, which is why I'm not surprised and rather glad they're delaying the launch.

The real question is when the new release date will be, as I think Blizz not saying anything means they aren't sure yet. I still submit that the release date of Oct 27 was a corporate decision based upon the release date of other games/systems, factoring in content release schedules and the holidays. The reality is that the choices were likely late October release if they could rush it, or the start of the new year. There's a tiny window in late Nov/early Dec that might work, but historically has had issues when it comes to raid content releases. Another option is to delay the raid content if they release the expansion where the raid content would get messed up by the holidays. If I had to make a guess, I'm surmise SL will release late November/early Dec at the latest, potentially delaying the raid content a week or two.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Because honestly Blizzard always was an exception from that rule until BfA and Reforged happened. You could always count on a high quality game that was worth its money at least for the first month of play.

BfA release and Reforged were big fuckups, but Blizzard showed a lot of commitment and investment in making SL great during Beta. I might not agree with all the decisions that they made, but even for me, who is very bitter about BfA, its pretty obvious how much passion and engagement they are putting into this.

I can clearly see why people would respect that and trust them once more. I personally am still too salty, but if I had preordered, I would be thankful about the delay.
    I am very happy with the delay because some things on beta are not really working

Warrior talents don’t work
    Soulbind abilities are broken
    Covenant quests glitch to the point where you need to make a work around to complete

I am fine with a delay to get this right and they are inviting more and more into the beta because they have probably realized a bunch of us are done testing. I mean you have ppl with keystone master on the beta

This is very similar procedure as reporting to the bank than your card was stolen and you want all transactions refunded.

Don't do this, this will mark your transaction as fraudulent in Blizzard's system.
    Your account will be flagged as "suspicious/potentially stolen".

Best case scenario you won't be able to use that credit card to purchase anything from Blizzard.
    Worst case, your account will be suspended until Blizzard's lawyers will resolve dispute vs your bank, which might take a while.

Forcing bank to get your money back from another company is always a last resort.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Unless things have changed recently, preordering terms stated the game would be released before 31Dec2020. Going off the launcher splash screen and advertisements, it's still saying Q4 release for the Shadowlands. Q4 is between Oct 1 and Dec 31, so it lines up with the original terms when I preordered a long time ago. Regardless of the released Oct 27 date and it's subsequent change, there's no change in terms of when the game was originally slated to be released: Q4. If you want to do the Blizzcon statement of "fall", well... that's still technically anytime before Dec 21 of this year, as winter begins at the very end of December.

Canceling because of a delay that still falls in line of the original stated release time frame is a bit silly. If one has been following the development, or even better has been playing the beta, it was painfully obvious that there's a TON of work that needs to be done. There's a lot of mainstream systems that get all the press, such as Covenants, but there's a bunch of minor systems and issues that still haven't been fixed for months. Every build I end up submitting a bunch of bug reports that I've already submitted in previous builds, many of which would be highly visible to players. Even when Blizz said Oct 27, the state of beta at that time did not indicate the game would be ready by then, which is why I'm not surprised and rather glad they're delaying the launch.

The real question is when the new release date will be, as I think Blizz not saying anything means they aren't sure yet. I still submit that the release date of Oct 27 was a corporate decision based upon the release date of other games/systems, factoring in content release schedules and the holidays. The reality is that the choices were likely late October release if they could rush it, or the start of the new year. There's a tiny window in late Nov/early Dec that might work, but historically has had issues when it comes to raid content releases. Another option is to delay the raid content if they release the expansion where the raid content would get messed up by the holidays. If I had to make a guess, I'm surmise SL will release late November/early Dec at the latest, potentially delaying the raid content a week or two.
    I figure 6 week prepatch

Not sure why so many feel insulted by the idea of people refunding their order, really. But then again, the Internet is filled to the brim with less gifted people trying to control how strangers spend or do not spend their money.

Quote Originally Posted by kugarm View Post
    Who plays wow in 2020?
    What an insipid question.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-10-02 at 01:50 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    The announcement yesterday pretty clearly said release would still be in 2020, just later in 2020. Considering that means at very most a 2 month delay, wanting a refund for that seems a bit petty. Nowadays delays are common (Cyberpunk for just one example). It's kind of take your pick, either complain about the lack of polish or the delay.

This would be fraud as I’m pretty sure the preorder says delays are possible.

Also - Blizzard will lock your account until you pay them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.