Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Anyone asking for a refund due to the delay is just being a child about it.

It's nice that they are offering refunds but I don't see many people taking it and quitting the game because of the delay. Coulda done a free month sub for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Still no beta for me. All I got was a false answer to my ticket considering an in-game problem last night so I have to contact them again. Blizzards ticket responses are abysmally shit every time.
    I haven't needed a Blizzard ticket in awhile but every time I did they have always been pretty helpful. You want real shit customer service try Star trek Online it will make you appreciate pretty much every other game. Literally every time I have sent in a ticket to them its always sorry can't do shit for you no matter how mundane the problem was. Even problems they are capable of doing in their other game Champions Online they are unable to do anything about. Then sometimes they suggest you go to the official forums to post your thoughts about something but then they have a couple fan non-paid mods who fanatically block any criticisms.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    You can also contact your credit card-company and tell you that you paid for a service you cannot use, and they will refund you.
    You know that’s fraud right? You’re lying because you you’re actually paying for a service you have full access to

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Obviously not being read, given the responses to somebody who says they aren't concerned with the delay.
    What concerns? If you preordered SL, you want to play the game, so you just need to wait few weeks longer.

I highly doubt that anyone but drama queens will be saying "oh shit i wanted SL so badly i already preordered, but now that it's delayed by a few weeks - nope i want my money back"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zylos View Post
    I'm just disappointed that I came into this thread expecting OP to rant about how they will be getting their refund and blah blah.
    OP did not deliver but fortunately comments clearly didn't read past the title.
    Sorry, drama isn't my style. I'll try harder next time

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Can you call it a refund? It is legal for them to charge you now? I though the practice is they can only charge you when the product is shipped. Do you mean you cancel the pre-order?
    I think this might have been answered, but when you preorder the digital copy (or the physical copy from the shop, I'd assume), you get charged at the time of order, so yes, it would be a refund. In the case of ordering the physical CE from a retailer, it varies; I ordered online from Gamestop and they still haven't charged my card, so I guess they'll do that when it ships, which would be more along the lines of just a cancellation, but as I mentioned in the OP, the delay doesn't concern me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aurosh View Post
    What concerns? If you preordered SL, you want to play the game, so you just need to wait few weeks longer.

I highly doubt that anyone but drama queens will be saying "oh shit i wanted SL so badly i already preordered, but now that it's delayed by a few weeks - nope i want my money back"
    My best friend, a very casual WoW player, was complaining about it, and it was interesting to see that side of it; he could care less about anything that we complain about here, but looking forward to the game, and now having it delayed, was annoying to him. The topic I brought up aside, I think that's where Blizzard will see the most damage; folks who have not preordered, don't follow the game as closely as we do, see the delay and decide "eh, Cyberpunk and Destiny are coming out, I'll wait".

But yeah, if you pre-ordered, it's hard to see why you'd want a refund, but I thought someone might want to know, so, here we are.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Doubt anyone's gonna refund because of the delay, especially if they end up buying it when it releases lol.

Refund? Why would I do that? Delays are a positive thing. It means you get a completed game and not a bunch of cut content. Remember WoD?

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Delays are a positive thing. It means you get a completed game and not a bunch of cut content.
    W3 Reforged wants to have a word with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning- View Post
    What about people that bought the deluxe version and used the Instant 120 and gametime?
    pretty sure there has been atleast one post some time ago how someone was declined the refund of a delux edition because they already consumed part of the product (30 days of gametime) and blizzard cant refund used goods (or something like that)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel of Riots View Post
    Blizzard are legally obliged to offer refunds when they made a statement about a release date for a pre-order and then had to delay that release date.

It's basic consumer protection / product shipping law, even in the USA, if I recall correctly.

If I'm correct, they might be liable to even more legal trouble if they delay it longer than 30 days.
    They aren't they pre-order stated clearly later this year. The release date doesn't supersede the legal language in the pre-order purchase. And if you're wondering where you can find it, look down at product requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    I got the heroic-edition refunded, and I had used the 120-boost, so its strange you got yours denied.
    maybe you had gametime on your account and didnt start using the 30 days that come included, if that was the case, you will get refunded, if you started using the 30 days that come with the preorder, you wont get refunded, that was their explanation i saw a few monts ago

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Delaying the game to make it more polished is good thing.I hate waiting longer for the expansion but I'm fully supporting this decision.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by MatPandaZ View Post
    Does that not suggest they may push past a 2020 release and into 2021?
    No. It is simply an admission that they know people are pissed off and an apology for their inability to release the game when they said they would.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Refund? Why would I do that? Delays are a positive thing. It means you get a completed game and not a bunch of cut content. Remember WoD?
    That is not guaranteed. It can still be released and have major problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    What if I used the boost? And re-pre-order???
    if you get a refund and you have used the boost that character will be made unusable or reverted back to 1

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremelyCrusty View Post
    Anyone asking for a refund due to the delay is just being a child about it.
    People have the right to want their money back if they aren't getting what they paid for on the date they were told they would get it and they aren't being a child for it either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Doubt anyone's gonna refund because of the delay, especially if they end up buying it when it releases lol.
    Well, you already ahve people in here saying they are getting a refund. And trust me there are people in other places also getting a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    You know that’s fraud right? You’re lying because you you’re actually paying for a service you have full access to
    Maybe in your country, but if I buy a product and I cannot use it a preset date I am either free to demand a refund or chargeback via cc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoxu View Post
    Would be nice if i could get a refund of the 6 months of game time i purchased on Thursday in preparation for SL at the end of Oct lol...
    You can. Call Customer Service they will do it for you.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever
    Go Fast or Go Slow

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station Light or Battle Station Dark

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    Just a PSA: If you pre-ordered the game and are unhappy about the delay, Blizzard is offering refunds. I'm in for the long haul so I don't mind waiting (especially with the "we're sorry" beta invite I just got), but just in case you don't check your email often, there it is.
    That's not a "We're sorry". That's a "We need testers" invite.

Get in there and start testing shit so we can help them fix this disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    But yeah, if you pre-ordered, it's hard to see why you'd want a refund, but I thought someone might want to know, so, here we are.
    It is very easy to see. Blizzard said you would get it on Oct 26. Now they are not delivering on that. So, people want a refund because they want to use that money on something they can actually play now instead of waiting for Blizzard to stop being incompetent.

I say it again: I hate Blizzard a lot for a lot of reasons but delaying a clearly unfinished game is not one. Its justified and its ...dare i say it wise of Blizzard to do it. ... Im still annoyed i got to deal with BFA longer but wth...
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.