Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    You are fantastic. That option did not populate for me when I tried it the other day. Didn't go back far enough to January.

Just went through. Cheers!

EDIT: And the refund was immediate due to it being PayPal. Dang.
    Gratz, happy it worked for ya.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

just saw that people are getting their refunds for Shadowlands and are complaining that their boosted 120 character along with any allied race/pandaren DK is locked XD well if you return your epic/heroic version of expansion, you gotta deal with the losses of your character until you buy it again unfortunately *shrugs*

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont understand how you can be so idiotic/poor that because the game got delayed a few months that you want a refund for a game you know you’re going to buy anyway.
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

Quote Originally Posted by GUZ View Post
    I dont understand how you can be so idiotic/poor that because the game got delayed a few months that you want a refund for a game you know you’re going to buy anyway.
    i know right? you would've thought that with 2020 being the year of game delays, that most would have the sense of mind to accept that despite everything that was said prior, shadowlands was going to be delayed, i've forgotten who said it but originally they were looking for a november release but for some reason that release got brought forward earlier, maybe some activision numbnut who wanted to avoid competition with cyberpunk wanted an unfinished game brought out early or something.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok lets me explain one of the reasons, a lot of people only got a limit account of money for entertainment when you delay something they were counting on spending time with and already spend money on, they will not be able to enjoy that product in the time they counted on, so refund to spend that money on something that they can play and enjoy at the time, like one of the bucketload AAA upcoming game releases in the next few months. When the xpack finally gets released they may have another salary that they can use to get it or xmas bonus(unlikely in 2020). They likey also canceled their subscription
    Last edited by |Dexter|; 2020-10-04 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Yes it does. It's a market signal to the company that you will give them your money no matter how crappy the product they deliver. It's a self-defeating practice.
    Soooo, in your mind, it's only acceptable to buy the expansion when it's over...? Because that's the only time we know for sure how the damned thing turned out...

Seems excessive, but each to their own. WoW ain't exactly new though and most people tend to know what they get out of each expansion at minimum.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I think it's a cry for attention. Some people just want to be noticed by Senpai... Senpai being anyone else.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why anyone would want a refund anyway. I mean if their original intention was to play SL when it released on October 27 then why get a refund? The people getting a refund will almost certainly purchase it again when it is released, so what exactly is the point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no something didn't go perfectly according to plan in 2020, heavens no this is so unexpected, I have been caught off guard by this

/s

Here's what I don't get.

You pre-order the game because you're confident it will be good and you want to play it immediately on launch.
    The game gets delayed so it's in a functional state when it's released.
    You refund the game because you can't play it when you want to.
    You re-purchase the game after its got a new release date, or maybe you wait until it's actually launched and just buy it then.

Or you're SO upset by the delay that you'll actually flat out quit the game and never return or play anything Blizzard ever releases ever again. (spoiler no one is like this)

It's kind of baffling to me, it's a bit like a toddler who wants their ice cream NOW RIGHT NOW and when you tell them it's not ready yet they throw a screaming tantrum on the floor saying "I HATE YOU SO MUCH I DON'T WANT ICECREAM ANYMORE". But when the ice cream is ready they instantly stop crying and say "...I want ice cream now."

I just wish people would stop acting like this is the first time a game release has ever been delayed after an initial date has been given, especially this year where the entire world practically shut down for 6 months and half of it still is.

Noticed some people can't refund while I'm getting emails like this.

Not refunding though. I'm gonna play SL when it comes out so really don't see the point in cancelling. Not angry they delaying in the slightest. It is what it is and so long as the released product was worth the wait I have no issues at all.

edit: *If you do not request a refund prior to launch, your pre-purchase will remain active and no further action is required.

They are only delaying for like a month and that isn't enough time to fix everything wrong with Shadowlands, you'll see when the game releases.
    i5 3570k
    WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    16GB DDR3 1600 Ram
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    why would anyone need a refund when it is well known practise not to preorder
    Pre-ordering mmo expansions is not the same as pre-ordering some random game.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser499 View Post
    They are only delaying for like a month and that isn't enough time to fix everything wrong with Shadowlands, you'll see when the game releases.
    I dunno, they can do a lot in a month. especially since they probably have a pretty good idea of what needs fixing.

shadowlands presaie started 1 Nov 2019. it stated available on or before dec 31 2020

- coivd-19 was not a issue then
    - there was no tentative release date until recently and now delayed
    - actually still not delayed

imo, blizzard should release SL in Feb 2021, citing issues not forseen

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatPandaZ View Post
    Does that not suggest they may push past a 2020 release and into 2021?
    are you suggesting a WC3 Refunded situation?

Edit: oh hey, first post with my new 3 year badge. cool.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    shadowlands presaie started 1 Nov 2019. it stated available on or before dec 31 2020
    The chance after dec 31 is very high.
    That is why the refund.

Blizzard could get sued.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Pre-ordering mmo expansions is not the same as pre-ordering some random game.
    dishing out money for the promise of a game seems exactly the same to me

only situation i can see someone refunding is if they really need that money back for financial reasons
    i cant understand refunding it only because it was delayed and your upset about tha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    omg hahahah refund a pre order just because they're delaying to fix bugs? Jesus dude, not saying it's you but people that would do it are so impatient, I struggle to understand how they can cope with reality being this way
    The game is still going to have bugs on release. Delaying an expac by 2 months is unacceptable. People just don't want their shinies to be obsolete.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Unhappy that they want to release a polished/finished game?
    Get your emotions in check bra!
    Except it isn't going to be "polished and finished". It's still going to have glitches and bugs. People just don't want them shinies obsoleted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ABK Morgan View Post
    I dont understand the logic behind the reason for cancelling a SL preorder, if you originally wanted to play SL that much that you preordered, surely you would still want to play it even if its been delayed a little? Has that desire to play SL shrunk that much over the news of the delay that it warrants cancelling a preorder ?
    Because for many, it's a protest. People were looking forward to the expac at the end of the month. Now they're going to release it later in the year? People like to use the excuse "Polish and refined". It won't be. It never is. It will get released and the forums will be jam packed with people complaining about bugs/glitches/unhappiness with the game. Bugs can be patched. Blizzard is delaying it because they are likely making a huge change. And again, that can be patched.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    The chance after dec 31 is very high.
    That is why the refund.

Blizzard could get sued.
    No they can't. As long as they are offering refunds to those that want it (which they are) they can't be sued. If they could the CD PR would have been sued so many times by now it would be funny.