Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You really don't seem to understand what you are linking - or what I said, even though I put the important part in quotations. Cherry picking one piece of data you THINK supports your argument, without any understanding of what you are actually linking, doesn't do your argument any justice.
    There's no cherry picking here. You're just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    ...and what if it does? Is getting a good game so unimportant?

Delaying to get a better game is the right choice.
    The impatient ones are welcome to check out since they come and go with the wind anyways.

With that said, i very much doubt it won't release early december the latest.
    If it does then it is what it is. I just like to have my expectations managed. Just as when I have to delay a client I like to give a rough idea. I think you are right though, we will get it sometime in December where it can slot in without too much problems from Christmas.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Please don't refund. We should be applauding them for choosing not to release a buggy product.

Quote Originally Posted by MatPandaZ View Post
    If it does then it is what it is. I just like to have my expectations managed. Just as when I have to delay a client I like to give a rough idea. I think you are right though, we will get it sometime in December where it can slot in without too much problems from Christmas.
    Actually every date in December after the 1st is problematic (unless they are delaying the raid until early January 2021). The current idea was that the raid will open 2 weeks after launch and 1 week later Mythic opens, meaning the WF Race starts. They will not want to have that overlap with Christmas. Even if the launch is on the 1st then Mythic opens on the 22nd, very impractical.

No, I think if they want to stick to a release this year (and I am relatively sure they will, announcing a second delay would be rather painful for them) it will have to be in November. That would give them about another month for polishing stuff and minor changes, which is all that they want to do. There are not going to be extreme redesigns.

Most of you here assume that people are refunding only because of the delay, and that's probably not even the case. I don't care about the delay, in fact, I think that's the right thing to do. I just don't like the direction they are going with covenants, legendaries and borrowed power in general.

I shouldn't have preordered in the first place, I agree. That's my fault. I was hyped as hell. Now I'm not. If I get a refund, that's ok. If not, that's ok too. My bad for preordering. Lesson learned. But I think there is no need to get that mad for people asking for a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by sykoex View Post
    Please don't refund. We should be applauding them for choosing not to release a buggy product.
    I don't think they deserve an applause either even though this is for the better. Giving a wrong release date is not something to be proud of.

They gave the release date exceptionally late this time around yet still failed to give a date on which the product is finished. They should know better IMO and if they were unsure, why not just push the announcement further.

Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    But if I get a refund for SL, then I cannot play SL. I'm not following the refund logic.
    Yeah, Same here.

If any one out there wants refunds.. did they even want to play SL at all?

I bought the epic edition after the Blizzcon hype and had it refunded last week.
    I will buy the normal edition instead once we have a launch date and save myself some money

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Yeah it was, when I bought it. But the Release Date was 'updated' and maybe I'm seeing this too negative or I'm just 'damaged' from my job. If I'd promise my customer that I'm finished earlier and I can't hold it due to bugs, they will get really, really mad.

From the bug perspective. The game is really unplayable right now. I'm testing on beta or at least I'm trying. I'm not playing too much because I don't want to spoiler myself, but when I do 4 quests a day, one of them is so bugged I can't finish them. My warrior just stops having animations for some abilities at some point.

I'm complaining about blizzards quality assurance because I've worked in multiple jobs in Development and I don't know what changed with Legion, but the quality of the code started heavily decreasing. There are now bugs that are a sign for lazy developers. It was even more in BfA and SL is now unshippable.

As an example what I mean:

Bug Report: "Npc doesn't spawn when entering his area from south"
    So a lazy (or maybe not lazy, just younger and inexperienced) developer will now just add a new trigger at south and the ticket is solved. Good work!
    But a good developer would check what about west/north/east and would ask himself: 'Why doesn't the area trigger the spawn? I need to recreate that area.'

If developing is your job you might get a feeling for stuff like this and you know there is multiple positions that could prevent these kind of lazy bugfixes and one is QA. QA might even be the most important one in this case.

So yeah, what ever comes after Shadowlands will be even worse, because the high quality code base the old blizzard left will be completely destroyed by the new generation of activisions developers.

I'm concerned because Shadowlands will not be 'awesome due to delay'. It's not some wine that gets better over time. Shadowlands will only be closer to being shippable. The moment Shadowlands will be playbale enough they gonna release it and balancing won't even be considered in this.
    It's just about not having enough bugs to stop the people from playing.

If I would care about competition I wouldn't even consider buying SL, but I'm more interested in new features, playing a rpg and the story and as bad as the code quality is.. the other things are good (enough) for me!

I don't need a refund. Because I didn't pre-order.

Who the fuck pre-orders digital items? Are you afraid they'll run out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Actually every date in December after the 1st is problematic (unless they are delaying the raid until early January 2021). The current idea was that the raid will open 2 weeks after launch and 1 week later Mythic opens, meaning the WF Race starts. They will not want to have that overlap with Christmas. Even if the launch is on the 1st then Mythic opens on the 22nd, very impractical.

No, I think if they want to stick to a release this year (and I am relatively sure they will, announcing a second delay would be rather painful for them) it will have to be in November. That would give them about another month for polishing stuff and minor changes, which is all that they want to do. There are not going to be extreme redesigns.
    No reason they can't move the raid opening date into January though. There's no rule that says they have to open two-three weeks after expansion launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game would be better off those people who would refund preorder due to reasonable delay.
    Let them go.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post

The level boost, the mount etc. You get them immediately when you pre-order.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BreathTaker View Post
    This game would be better off those people who would refund preorder due to reasonable delay.
    Let them go.
    Have fun playing with nobody.The game is NOT better off with less people. I guess you want everyone to blindly eat what ever Blzizad shovels down our throats huh? This is how Blizzard is held accountable.

I'm glad they delayed to actually get shit done properly instead of just rushing it out the door like everyone else... Now I just hope it's worth the wait.

You shouldn't be applauding them for being so bad at their job they can't meet their deadline. You basically want to applaud incompetence. ANd people have every right to ask for a refund when Blizzard doesn't deliver on their promise.

Who the fuck pre-orders digital items?
    Because I know I will play it, and I get bonuses for doing so... win/win.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Lots of people. People preorder because (a) they have the mo eh so might as well, (b) there are usually perks for early orders that people enjoy, some of which give immediate access, (c) download starts immediately when it becomes available and gives access as soon as servers are up, and (d) peace of mind it’s already purchased. Are you afraid of logic?

Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    No reason they can't move the raid opening date into January though. There's no rule that says they have to open two-three weeks after expansion launch.
    Agreed and that is most likely what will happen, if the launch can't be in November. I am not that worried about the raid, I found two weeks after launch pretty short to prepare anyhow (especially now where I probably won't have two weeks off on launch...). I have no desire to rush through the zones just so I can gather gear for the raid.

While agree with you about not releasing a buggy game i have no problem with people wanting a refund. BFA is done and if some one got a preorder thinking that they will be playing the game on the 27th or whenever and Blizzard change that date then people have the right to be aggrieved. There is nothing i want to do in BFA now but i bought a time card a few days before the delayed release thinking i would get the last month in BFA for prepatch and the first month on SL to see if it was any good. So was pretty much straight up robbed. Got two months in BFA that i have no interest in playing. Then i will have to drop another £20 odd to have a look at SL probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    I'm glad they delayed to actually get shit done properly instead of just rushing it out the door like everyone else... Now I just hope it's worth the wait.
    If they actually try and fix things and this is just not a half assed attempt to cover their fuck ups. I tried to refund because I dont have any confidence now that SL is going to be better quality then BFA. But I was told no refund because game time and boost was used. I knew I was taking a risk buying the Preorder , But I gave Blizzard one more chance to impress me. Never again. Now I doubt I will play SL until well after 9.2 if at all . The same people making the same stupid game design decisions are still in charge. They need to go
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam