Thread: Hunter BM AoE

Hunter BM AoE

Blizz where you left the AoE dmg on BM Hunter. Is ridiculous buff aoe dmg so much on MM and BM what¿?

MM Multi-Shot normal hit - 1200 - 3700 dmg ------ BM Multi-Shot normal hit - 146 - 472 dmg
    MM Multi-Shot Crit hit - 2400 - 4700 dmg ----- BM Multi-Shot crit hit - 328 - 545 dmg
    MM Multi-Shot casts:57 hits:184 = 315k dmg ----- BM Multi-Shot casts:132 hits:375 = 78.8k dmg

This is a test that i made with a friend today between MM and BM hunter dmg in +10key. Hunter BM AoE its.... multi-shot, stomp and beast cleave dmg its to low . Watch the images and you will see the big diference

Pls watch the imagine first and all you will understand me and make some calculations yourselves

- Details dmg overall MM vs BM same ilvl on a key +10 : ---> imgur.com/a/0icBtBg <---

you don't even have 1M AoE damage for BM with all its AoE source while MM is over 3M damage with just Aimed Shot and Chimaera Shot... + if you calculate explosive shoot , volley , Master Marksman dot (lvl 15 talent) , and rapid fire those are big numbers comparing with BM
    Last edited by Alin88; 2020-10-03 at 08:58 AM.

This isn't Blizzard. You would be better off using the feedback tools that Blizzard uses.

Also, damage profiles for different classes and specs are not supposed to be the same.

Lastly, BM typically does less damage as a higher floor / lower ceiling spec. Late BfA was an aberration and you are very likely to be disappointed if you expect to play BM as a top tier damage spec.

Uh, you're aware that multi-shot does less damage as BM because your AoE is split between multi-shot and beast cleave, right? Add the multi-shot damage with the beast cleave damage for the BM hunter, then compare that to the MM hunter. You're just comparing the multi-shot damage in isolation between the two. Yeah, if you don't know how the specs work, they're gonna look really different...

Quote Originally Posted by Gleem View Post
    Uh, you're aware that multi-shot does less damage as BM because your AoE is split between multi-shot and beast cleave, right? Add the multi-shot damage with the beast cleave damage for the BM hunter, then compare that to the MM hunter. You're just comparing the multi-shot damage in isolation between the two. Yeah, if you don't know how the specs work, they're gonna look really different...
    No, he's not only counting Multi Shot, in the linked image he provided :
    -everything over Disparo Automatico (Auto Shot) for MM is doing AoE damage + Multi Shot
    -compare to the Beast Cleave + Stomps + Multi Shot for BM

and yes if you add the numbers...the difference is just ridiculous (you don't even have 1M AoE damage for BM with all its AoE source while MM is over 3M damage with just Aimed Shot and Chimaera Shot...)

MrTharne that’s is , you understand me what I mean. i dont know speak english very good to explain all this ..... i translate with google
    But if people look the imagine the numbers are really ridiculous.
    in this moment hunter BM have 0 dmg AoE

The balance is all over the place. It has not been this bad since early TBC.
    Don't expect any class to work and it's not likely to actually get balanced this expansion unless the core systems are changed.

I know Aggrophobic but i post it because its was a big suprise for me to see this big unbalance
    Last edited by Alin88; 2020-10-03 at 08:12 AM.

While the overal conclusion that BM AOE is inferior to MM AOE in Shadowlands might be correct, the above isn't really solid research.

1) Either two different players are compared, or 1 player playing 2 different times are compared.
    It's not fair to compare these 1 on 1. There are so many secondary factors playing a role in those cases that it's very hard to compare.

2) There is no proof anywhere here that you play optimally.

3) You count Aimed shot and Rapid fire damage, but a lot of the damage from these are also single target damage.

4) BM has different scaling and might work better with different stats / covenants / conduits / legendaries than you have or assume.
    Perhaps not in 9.0 but maybe they overtake later in SL.

5) You focus a terribly large amount on multi shot, when it's quite obvious that BM multishot will and should do less damage.

I could go on with half a dozen more points.

It's very likely (also seeing all the other data), that BM is quite a bit behind MM for AoE fights in SL.

But the above doesn't really prove anything. It's a single dungeon run, compared between 2 different players, using perhaps sub-optimal gear/specs/covenants/conduits/legendaries.
    On top of that, there is a reason SL launch is delayed; the balance isn't done yet. Specs are all over the place and all new features are also still being worked on.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i've played some beta on both BM and MM and aoe burst and sustain is very much higher as MM.

Typically i see 15k+ aoe bursts as mm while bm struggles to get to 10k.