Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
... LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Tbh, that's kind of silly. I've gotten in a car accident before but that didn't stop me from getting into cars.
    My mother is like 60 something, it's like arguing with a brick wall lol.

    Here though banks are open til 7.

  2. #162
    New expansion launches is the highlight of every year it happens to me.

    I have been involved in the Warcraft universe since I was 8 years old. Now I am 37.

    I have taken 1 week holyday so far this year and saving 1 for the launch. I have worked for my vacation and I use them how I please.

    Most guys on my age take vacations to drink beer and get drunk and that seems totally reasonable suddenly. I don't care what people think.

    I am upset yes. But at least it will prepatch when my vacation starts on the 27th.

    Blizzard has only delayed one expansion before this so the likelihood of them delaying Shadowlands wad slim. So I took my chances and I would do so again.

  3. #163
    Stood in the Fire Krimzin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    436
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Strawman. Anything I've ever said was legitimate criticism. I've never been a crybaby about a game release because I was upset about taking time off work. There are plenty of reasons to criticize Blizzard. This really isn't one of them in my eyes. Either people whine about the game being unfinished or they whine about the delay. There is no pleasing the entitled brats.
    Again, so why is your whining(sorry legitimate criticism) different than anyone else's?

    NM man, I figured you out. You are just an unhappy person so you want to make others feel as bad as you do. Im going to go out on a limb and guess you are 40-50 age group. Makes perfect sense after reading your replies.
    It doesn't work friend, only you can change how you feel.
    Good luck with it though, genuinely feel bad for you. No one should have be feel bad all the time.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever
    Go Fast or Go Slow

    Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station Light or Battle Station Dark




  4. #164
    Because gaming is my #1 hobby and is an actual big part of my life. That's all you need to say.

    Whoever wastes his time bringing people down from their passions are just sad people with nothing going on in their lives so they try to tilt others to their level of misery lel
    Last edited by Frandaero; 2020-10-02 at 05:29 PM.

  5. #165
    High Overlord vincink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    face.eat(cheese)
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It does matter, it's the professional thing to do, give your customers a heads up in a decent time frame, not three weeks before the launch date.
    I think it makes sense for Blizzard to give a generous time frame; I'd say a 3-month time span. Just say, "We're looking at the October to end of December time frame." On the other hand, I encourage players to reciprocate the professionalism: understand that one can plan upfront and come up with a release date but as time goes on and new information becomes available, that date has to change. Or, in order to meet that date, features have to be cut. It's a reality of project management of any kind.

  6. #166
    Stood in the Fire Krimzin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    436
    Quote Originally Posted by Frandaero View Post
    Because gaming is my #1 hobby and is an actual big part of my life. That's all you need to say.

    Whoever wastes his time bringing people down from their passions are sad people with nothing going on in their lives. Having a passion is attractive.
    Thats funny man. I say the same thing. I have 2 hobbies.. WoW and Cars/Jeeps (3 i guess lol).

    And WoW is the least expensive one.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever
    Go Fast or Go Slow

    Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station Light or Battle Station Dark




  7. #167
    I held on announcing my time off at work because I was wondering if they'd delay the expansion or not (no release date for pre-patch set this doubt in my mind). Luckily I was right, I'll take my 2 weeks off on next SL release date.

  8. #168
    Stood in the Fire Krimzin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    436
    Quote Originally Posted by Frandaero View Post
    I held on announcing my time off at work because I was wondering if they'd delay the expansion or not (no release date for pre-patch set this doubt in my mind). Luckily I was right, I'll take my 2 weeks off on next SL release date.
    Im in Real Estate so Im somewhat self employed. I told my broker, who plays console games, that I would be out for a couple weeks when SL releases. He laughed and said, only a couple weeks. Love my Job.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever
    Go Fast or Go Slow

    Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station Light or Battle Station Dark




  9. #169
    Mechagnome Sagenod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    652
    Unpopular opinion time: I believe a large amount of the people complaining made their own bed by setting time off to play a game that isn't even out yet. I also believe they don't have their priorities straight. Video games come after your responsibilities and I find it absolutely childish that grown men and women choose to specifically coordinate their time off, however precious it may be, in order to play video games. I say grow up to those people.

    EDIT: All I mean is that I think it's childish to get upset over a video game, especially when you choose on your own to set aside time before the game is even out. The rest of what I said was inflammatory and I don't mean it in that manner, since I agree that people may spend their time however they wish. So my apologies but my opinion is that getting upset in this context is childish, that's all.
    Last edited by Sagenod; 2020-10-02 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Clarification
    Check out the Drakonaar, my playable race concept! (WIP -- Looking for artists)


  10. #170
    If i could with out a major financial impact I would take time off for launch. But this delay might actually be a boon for me as I work one month on and one month off and I have december off this year so might just line up nicely.

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    Unpopular opinion time: I believe a large amount of the people complaining made their own bed by setting time off to play a game that isn't even out yet. I also believe they don't have their priorities straight. Video games come after your responsibilities and I find it absolutely childish that grown men and women choose to specifically coordinate their time off, however precious it may be, in order to play video games. I say grow up to those people.
    That's not unpopular, it's just wrong.

    It's their vacation time, if they want to use it to go fishing, or skiing, or do underwater basket weaving, or sit around the house drinking beer in nothing but socks, or play video games, that's their right to. Vacation is most of the time used for one thing, your hobby, whatever that may be.

    There's zero difference between taking time off for a game launch and taking time off to go watch the indy 500.

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    My coworker takes days off to go to watch football matches, don't see how me doing that for my hobby is looked down upon 0o
    watching football and playing WoW/video games are not hobbies both are mindlessly consuming media

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    It's not looked down upon it's just that you have nothing to complain about when it doesn't go your way because you should know by now how releases work with video games.
    Yikes, these people have already been shafted, why do you feel the need to let them know how much you think it's their fault they got shafted?

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    Unpopular opinion time: I believe a large amount of the people complaining made their own bed by setting time off to play a game that isn't even out yet. I also believe they don't have their priorities straight. Video games come after your responsibilities and I find it absolutely childish that grown men and women choose to specifically coordinate their time off, however precious it may be, in order to play video games. I say grow up to those people.
    What are these "responsibilities" you are talking about?
    Do you think these people are just ignoring their kids, spouses and pets and putting themselves in financial peril?
    I think you need to grow up if you think taking a few days for yourself is childish.

  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    watching football and playing WoW/video games are not hobbies both are mindlessly consuming media
    hobby noun (2)
    plural hobbies
    Definition of hobby (Entry 2 of 2)
    : a pursuit outside one's regular occupation engaged in especially for relaxation

    Both of those sound like a hobby to me.

  16. #176
    Gaming is my prime hobby with WoW being the main game that i play, i dont specifically plan my holidays around games but I've always taken a week off for the release launches going back to WotLK.

    I get 35 paid holidays a year (+3 fixed days for xmas and new year), and my work is pretty flexible as to when i take take them, this goes for cancelling them as well which i've already done.

    When the new date comes out, i'll take the week then instead.
    Last edited by Giruy; 2020-10-03 at 01:02 PM. Reason: typo

  17. #177
    Stood in the Fire Krimzin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    436
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    Unpopular opinion time: I believe a large amount of the people complaining made their own bed by setting time off to play a game that isn't even out yet. I also believe they don't have their priorities straight. Video games come after your responsibilities and I find it absolutely childish that grown men and women choose to specifically coordinate their time off, however precious it may be, in order to play video games. I say grow up to those people.
    Who are you to say they don't have their priorities straight? My wife is a prime example, she gets 5 weeks a year she has to take or lose. With all the nonsense going on we talked about different places to go on vacation but most aren't worth the headache. She is just goin to take a week starting today to do nothing, just to veg. WoW is a important Hobby for a lot of people and choosing to spend THEIR PTO playing WoW, is not wrong or childish. Trying to tell someone how to live their life is wrong. If they are taking care of their families and paying their bills who gives 2 shits how they spend their time. Quit worrying about what others are doing with their free time and worry about yourself. If Id have had to actually schedule time off and it got screwed up, I'd be pissed too.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever
    Go Fast or Go Slow

    Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station Light or Battle Station Dark




  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Yes, but the last time something as significant as COVID crossed the world - people weren't developing computer software.

    So they are pretty much guessing at how long things take now - and also the collaboration to stop mistakes in their tracks is somewhat limited.
    Yes, but they had 5 months of corona to gauge their productivity, and then decided on a release date two months later. That sounds a safer guess than 8 months under normal conditions

  19. #179
    Dreadlord Miseration's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Soy de Arizona
    Posts
    980
    I didn't and I haven't but, driving last night I had this thought. Damn what about those folks that took time off for launch and now there's no date...

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Another question is why people feel the need to share their holiday plans to strangers. Kinda like how vegans always tell you they're vegan. Nobody cares.
    You are so damn right

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •