Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't go around screaming "I PLAY WOW!" on the drop of a dime without provocation like some prawn who needs everyone to know everything about him. But if the conversation is already in that ballpark then yea, I bring it up.

Does it matter if they do? It's no different than playing GTA or Fortnite or Minecraft or Mario. Games are games.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

... why does this thread even exists? We are not in 2004 anymore where playing on a computer was basically seen as a sign of mental trauma.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Wow, really? Half the academics I know, who are barely any younger than you, play games of various descriptions. But maybe your colleagues are 50+ or the like? I find there's a pretty steep drop-off on the percentage of people who play games at all when you get into the 50s.
    One of the newer members of staff, a younger guy, set up a monthly PnP night (with mostly student attendees), but I honestly don't know anyone at work who admits to playing videogames.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    ... why does this thread even exists? We are not in 2004 anymore where playing on a computer was basically seen as a sign of mental trauma.
    I started the thread because I was curious. I run a Horde sticker on my Car and its amazing how many people I have pull up and talk shit if they are alliance, or yell "For The Horde". It really makes me laugh. Ive had some of my car friends ask what the sticker is and I tell them, then i get the weird looks, but I could care less. If you are ashamed you shouldn't be playing it.

For The Horde.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

yep, i work in IT (Cybersecurtity) so being nerdy is no big deal... and you can't walk into my house without knowing play with my collection. Not that i have people over lol
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I'm 38 and yes people know I play WoW. I'm too old to give a shit what people think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and they often ask how my adventures in Azeroth are going.

They also might put me on suicide watch if this game ever ends.

3+ Year Old Account
    being only 22 no one really minds if I do, but then again WoW isn't really much known here in my country

everyone else prefers to play Ragnarok, Black Desert, or Ran
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Some, not all.

I post about it on my friends FB. The ones that openly talk about it, that is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzek View Post
    I'm 38 and yes people know I play WoW. I'm too old to give a shit what people think.
    Also this. I’m about to be 40.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    Ive got some friends who know and others who don't.
    I don't hide it at all. I just don't talk about it with friends unless they play also.
    I love the looks you get when you tell people you can't do something..dinner or whatever because you have a raid starting in 2 hours.
    Good times

*Edit*
    I also run Horde stickers on my Vehicles. Represent
    Not really...I had a co-worker who knew I played WoW and she played and ugh....regret her knowing. Every day she would come to me and talk about every little mundane thing she did the night before....ugh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yep
    {10char}

My gamers friends know , others no. You can't rly explain WoW to someone that never played any video game .

I have no friends, but my Girlfriend obviously knows, we live together. My family knows too. One of my coworkers which is kinda like a friend knows. The rest of them does not because I don't care about them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    -
    Which car is that man? Cool sticker, too many are ashamed of playing, I don't care, I have a horde Tshirt which I wear often.

10+ Year Old Account
    A few does.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Yeah, and I play with some of those friends as well.

Hiding that you're playing a certain game would be ridiculous and I would not understand why someone would do that.

Most people know, my few select friends all game. My fiance’s dad plays aswell joined the same guild as him for a few raids and we also do m+ Sometimes ������.

The Only ones that dont know is people at work. Most of Them knows Im ”Good” at computers as i worked at a computer store before and build/fix computers But none of Them know i game, They dont even know What gaming is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning- View Post
    Which car is that man? Cool sticker, too many are ashamed of playing, I don't care, I have a horde Tshirt which I wear often.
    2018 Corvette Grand Sport. Ya life to short to care what anyone thinks.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    Christ no. I'm 45 years old and an academic. I'd be laughed out of town. And then laughed even further out of town. (Mind you, it'd be the same with any other videogame).
    Why? I'm in my late 30's, well educated, work in management and no one ever made fun of me when I told them I play games.
    What kind of an odd backwater do you come from?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think pretty much everyone in and around my social circle knows I play WoW and Videogames assuming they have asked.

Asking this question in the 2000's would've been much more amusing. Now? It's like someone finding out you play Runescape or something old. It's no big deal. And yeah, my friends & family know I play MMORPGs like WoW.