Question how bad can DISCI be for pugs M+

hello, im an experienced healer and while im on beta so i can get ready and learn tactics i know alot of people wont know them by release of SL and even some time after it.

Im trying to decide on a healer spec to main and the only options seems to be R shammy and D priest.

On beta healing with disci priest on an avarage M+ (5-7) is easy becouse people, even if they dont know tactics, they are decent and learn fast, and are even able to carry me even if i die at 50% of boss hp.

I just tested disci for a bit and will for sure try more of it later, but whats your opinion about this? I havent tried with hard affixes yet.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    if BfA is any indication maining a disc priest for M+ is a nightmare especially in higer keys where affixes make damage come in even out of combat. Its times like those when you need an intelligent group

Personally I think Venthyr looks promising for both M+ and Raiding plus it seems super easy to use. Since for the first time my disc priest will not be my main unless they nerf Mindgames ill def go Venthyr
    Last edited by ZazuuPriest; 2020-10-03 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    if BfA is any indication maining a disc priest for M+ is a nightmare especially in higer keys where affixes make damage come in even out of combat. Its times like those when you need an intelligent group
    At the beginning of expansion, disc was top tier. It gets terrible after huge nerfs we had afterwards.

The hardest affixes for disc are reworked in SL - grievous will do severly less dmg and bursting will be now magic debuff, so you will be able to (mass) dispell it. The biggest struggle disc will be facing is single target healing it seems, but we'll get some tools for that too. Things are looking actually pretty decent now.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    At the beginning of expansion, disc was top tier. It gets terrible after huge nerfs we had afterwards.

The hardest affixes for disc are reworked in SL - grievous will do severly less dmg and bursting will be now magic debuff, so you will be able to (mass) dispell it. The biggest struggle disc will be facing is single target healing it seems, but we'll get some tools for that too. Things are looking actually pretty decent now.
    i admit i havent looked too far into the affix changes but this sounds awesome.

Venthyr also seems to work pretty well for shadow hopefully i wont have to be switching covenants too often

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    i admit i havent looked too far into the affix changes but this sounds awesome.

Venthyr also seems to work pretty well for shadow hopefully i wont have to be switching covenants too often
    Mindgames mix well with discipline. Schism followed by Mindgames gives us pretty good burst, similar to Light's Wrath from Legion. Also Venthyr soulbinds look pretty good too.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roger400 View Post
    hello, im an experienced healer and while im on beta so i can get ready and learn tactics i know alot of people wont know them by release of SL and even some time after it.

Im trying to decide on a healer spec to main and the only options seems to be R shammy and D priest.

On beta healing with disci priest on an avarage M+ (5-7) is easy becouse people, even if they dont know tactics, they are decent and learn fast, and are even able to carry me even if i die at 50% of boss hp.

I just tested disci for a bit and will for sure try more of it later, but whats your opinion about this? I havent tried with hard affixes yet.
    Disc can be quite challenging in high keys, but the greatest offenders are getting nerfed in SL - which should give you an easier time, comparatively speaking. The biggest weakness of Disc was (still is, to an extent) single target healing, but Schism+Mindblast should offer some decent burst heal, and you can add the Venthyr active for even more burst. The talent that adds some direct healing to dome looks quite neat, and I'm looking forward to try it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Disc can be quite challenging in high keys, but the greatest offenders are getting nerfed in SL - which should give you an easier time, comparatively speaking. The biggest weakness of Disc was (still is, to an extent) single target healing, but Schism+Mindblast should offer some decent burst heal, and you can add the Venthyr active for even more burst. The talent that adds some direct healing to dome looks quite neat, and I'm looking forward to try it.
    That talent was scrapped for Spirit Shell. Single target won't be an issue with Shadow Covenant though - mana might be, but a 25% increase to our spammable single target heal on a short CD seems like it should solve that issue (while also aoe healing for more than Radiance or Mind Blast).

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Don't forget about legendaries. There are some which could help us in singer target healing a lot, namely
    https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/spel...-contemplation

It is similar to Depth of the Shadow azerite trait. I can actually imagine we will be able to build few stacks with disc gameplay, depending on the situation.

https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/spel...e-penitent-one

Could be also good, having Penance free and fire 3 more bolts is actually pretty strong and 60% proc is not that small. I can imagine Penitent One proc leading into healing Penance (ideally paired with Power of the Dark Side) will be substantial heal.
    Last edited by Vaedan; 2020-10-16 at 10:25 AM.