Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I mean... it's really hard not to... you have one group trying to attack free speech because of scary words while hand waving away millions in property damage and violent assaults from another group because they have " noble" motivations.

I don't give two shots about Qanon but it's fun pointing out a hypocrite.
    You have been spending pages, defending something you admit to not understand, by trying to divert attention somewhere else. You seem to know just as much about protests as you do about QAnon. Just seem to be following orders...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thenadrys View Post
    I simply wouldn't vote. It would be a protest on principle that congress should not be spending time on vetting or opposing conspiracy theories.
    You would still be there... using time as the reason, doesn’t make any sense. You would just be watching others vote...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    So, are you saying they got everything ready for civil war and Congress condemnation of them is best way to prevent it?
    It’s the least they can do, to alert the public.

- - - Updated - - -

Far as I can tell its pizzagate.
    You know that in the time defending them, you could have learned about them? Maybe question your news sources, if you are unfamiliar?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You have been spending pages, defending something you admit to not understand, by trying to divert attention somewhere else. You seem to know just as much about protests as you do about QAnon. Just seem to be following orders...

- - - Updated - - -

You would still be there... using time as the reason, doesn’t make any sense. You would just be watching others vote...

- - - Updated - - -

It’s the least they can do, to alert the public.

- - - Updated - - -

You know that in the time defending them, you could have learned about them? Maybe question your news sources, if you are unfamiliar?
    Yes a voice decrying you must be part of some shadowy cabel.

It's more a case of the boy who cried wolf. I've been promised that nazis have been coming for a decade. At this point I assume people shouting it out are simply hungry for attention.

I mean... this thread is about having people officially condemn a conspiracy theory.

Participating in the vote would be legitimizing it.

Having looked into it briefly, just now:

It's interesting that congress cares, at all. If there were no truth to the idea of politicians being pedophiles and having sex with girls that have been human traficked, Epstein's lolita express (wasn't Trump also on that one?), they could just ignore it. Instead they vote to condemn those who are working to try to expose child sex traficking.

Methinks they doth protest too much. It seems to have a lot of representatives worried. On both sides.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes a voice decrying you must be part of some shadowy cabel.
    What?

It's more a case of the boy who cried wolf. I've been promised that nazis have been coming for a decade. At this point I assume people shouting it out are simply hungry for attention.
    No, your news sources. We can have nazis marching down the street, screaming ‘blood for soil’ then killing someone, while you wait for nazis for a decade.

Why Republicans are obsessed with comparing Obama to Hitler
    https://theweek.com/articles/568774/...g-obama-hitler

I mean... this thread is about having people officially condemn a conspiracy theory.
    No, it’s to condemn people planning to attack America, because they believe a conspiracy theory. Something that you admittedly are even informed about...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

What?

No, your news sources. We can have nazis marching down the street, screaming ‘blood for soil’ then killing someone, while you wait for nazis for a decade.

https://theweek.com/articles/568774/...g-obama-hitler

No, it’s to condemn people planning to attack America, because they believe a conspiracy theory. Something that you admittedly are even informed about...
    We have one crazy person and a protest...

The nazis are not coming to get you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Participating in the vote would be legitimizing it.
    Legitimizing what? Time? Conspiracy theorist planning an attack on the country?

It's interesting that congress cares, at all. If there were no truth to the idea of politicians being pedophiles and having sex with girls that have been human traficked, Epstein's lolita express (wasn't Trump also on that one?), they could just ignore it. Instead they vote to condemn those who are working to try to expose child sex traficking.
    Uhm... the people who took over a fundraiser for “save the children” to push conspiracy theory and an attack on US? Literally costing money that we’re intended to go to children? Like the guy who shot up a pizza place to save children? We have cages full of children on the border, why don’t they care?

Methinks they doth protest too much. It seems to have a lot of representatives worried. On both sides.
    Me thinks you are speaking from ignorance and defending a group, lead by a guy that moved from US to Philippines and is an actual pedo. So... yah... Q might be protesting too much... out of the Philippines... with his underage ‘friends’... never stop defending shit you know nothing about. Great look...

Yeah, Democrats would never stoop as low as to compare Trump to Hitler. Or Bush. Or... oh wait

10+ Year Old Account
    We have one crazy person and a protest...
    No, we have one person defending something they don’t understand.

The nazis are not coming to get you.
    I know... I’m supposed to be scared of protestors. You made that very clear, in a thread that has nothing to do with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, Democrats would never stoop as low as to compare Trump to Hitler. Or Bush. Or... oh wait
    Well, he did say he has been waiting for nazis for 10 years... he didn’t say 15...

Also, see anything about Obama that makes said obsession strange, yet related to QAnon?

I haven't defended Qanon. I pointed out that the ratio of fear to realistic level of threat seems to be wildly out of proportion. But it begins to make sense when a lot of central and major figures on both sides of the isle are implicated.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't defended Qanon. I pointed out that the ratio of fear to realistic level of threat seems to be wildly out of proportion. But it begins to make sense when a lot of central and major figures on both sides of the isle are implicated.
    Yeah, you did... you literally posted their pedo excuse, because you can only spend 2 min googling to find a defense. Add no self awareness to the list of things you lack...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    (Sorry was out all day.)

So you believe the rules that govern free speech in the USA are wrong. Should I declare your views as antithetical to the ideals of the USA and have your ideas denounced by Congress?
    You’re welcome to point out what about my ideology is genocidal before you make this false fuckin’ equivalence, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile, QAnon celebrates being discussed on a congress level

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    I'm not surprised at the dishonesty here, but they were already being discussed considering one of them is running unopposed for election in her district.

More "trying to address problem will make it worse, so we shouldn't do anything which is super convenient for me since I happen to benefit from the system". /yawn
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Several of their members defeated Republican and are now running for Congress. WTF?

10+ Year Old Account
    Several of their members defeated Republican and are now running for Congress. WTF?
    Oh no, I thought Republicans were the baddies

There's nuance and context, but if you're gonna stomp around here gleefully ignoring it then that's on you.

Where are they celebrating this, by the way?

10+ Year Old Account
    Curious how one group being bad means another related group cannot also be bad.

Also y'all have really never heard of a fifth column huh. Lol - guess they really did scrub history from Russian textbooks.

Biden claiming Romney would put black folks back in chains....

Oh they most certainly still think right wingers are the baddies, as soon as QAnon is no longer a "threat" to them, they'll go right back to claim everyone to the right of them is racist, white supremacist, nazi, uncle tom, race or sex traitor. The authoritarian left doesn't give a damn about anyone who isn't part of their hate filled ideology, outside of how they can use them.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Oh they most certainly still think right wingers are the baddies, as soon as QAnon is no longer a "threat" to them, they'll go right back to claim everyone to the right of them is racist, white supremacist, nazi, uncle tom, race or sex traitor. The authoritarian left doesn't give a damn about anyone who isn't part of their hate filled ideology, outside of how they can use them.
    It's almost as if fear mongering politics isn't a tool of both sides of the aisle.

NEITHER side give a shit about you unless you are, at the very least, donor class. And as we see repeatedly, especially over the last 4 years, the perception of competency required to be the leader of a branch of govt is hilariously overblown.

Vote accordingly, if you think that makes a difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    That’s your problem, isn’t it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post

You mean... act like you do? No... that’s projecting...