Page 1 of 3
LastLast

should I wait for prepatch or should I level up with 100% buff still active?

it would be lovely to get some information regarding how fast the new leveling system is from those of you who played in beta servers.

I want to level up a couple characters in another server, and Im terribly slow at leveling, so the question is which one is more convinient and faster ? the current leveling with the help of 100% xp buff or should I wait for the pre patch to hit and level up with the new system?

https://www.wowhead.com/guides/shado...s-level-squish
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowhead
    In Shadowlands, leveling will progress about 60-70% faster for 1-50, compared to the time it now takes to get from 1-120.
    I'd say wait.

Quote Originally Posted by zyx View Post
    Technically 70% faster is slower than 100% exp buff. What they probably mean is "it takes 60-70% less time", which is about 200% faster. But if they don't mean my interpretation, then leveling now should be faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Despite the removal of the 100% XP buff, removal of heirlooms XP bonus, and essentially the removal of nearly every XP bonus available, SL is still faster then current.

The exception is if you have any of the 300% XP buff potions. You'll want to get those used up or sold ASAP.

Addendum - ATM is the best time to level a DK and/or DHs. With the removal of the "free" levels the two hero classes get, lvling them will take longer in SL then current.
    Last edited by Raugnaut; 2020-10-03 at 07:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    it would be lovely to get some information regarding how fast the new leveling system is from those of you who played in beta servers.

I want to level up a couple characters in another server, and Im terribly slow at leveling, so the question is which one is more convinient and faster ? the current leveling with the help of 100% xp buff or should I wait for the pre patch to hit and level up with the new system?
    You could probably level 2-3 characters to max level before the prepatch hits

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Technically 70% faster is slower than 100% exp buff. What they probably mean is "it takes 60-70% less time", which is about 200% faster. But if they don't mean my interpretation, then leveling now should be faster.
    It will be waaaay faster in pre-patch event with 100% buff. Whole 10-50 is exactly like 110-120 on BfA launch.

Quote Originally Posted by zyx View Post
    thanks for the link, I actually missed a lot of information.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Despite the removal of the 100% XP buff, removal of heirlooms XP bonus, and essentially the removal of nearly every XP bonus available, SL is still faster then current.

The exception is if you have any of the 300% XP buff potions. You'll want to get those used up or sold ASAP.

Addendum - ATM is the best time to level a DK and/or DHs. With the removal of the "free" levels the two hero classes get, lvling them will take longer in SL then current.
    thats a shame they removed heirloom buff tho.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnycutie View Post
    You could probably level 2-3 characters to max level before the prepatch hits
    Im very slow leveler, like my personal best is 7 days from 20 to 120 and im in no harry to level up for now, so I rather put the effort when its more convenient

15+ Year Old Account
    If you enjoy leveling, then do it now. After prepatch leveling will take much less time even without the 100% buff.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

3+ Year Old Account
    It's fast enough now, no need to wait for prepatch.

If you have the option to wait the pre-patch, just do it. It's not even just about the speed, you'll have a new starting zone when pre-patch hits and you can do the whole levelling in the expansion you choose with new customization options on your characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even with all the xp buffs gone, SL is still faster.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Next to time, in the pre-patch, you basically only have to level in one of the xpack zones so no more dated content, next to that skills that make leveling faster like flying will be so much cheaper and you not have to spend 10000g to get the max flying speed...

All the exp you can get now, is exp you don't have to gain in prepatch.

Well, procrastinating is my jam, but if you feel like leveling now, just do so...? Although being able to skip 1-60 zones etc is a huge boon of the pre-patch...

I don't feel like doing anything in-game right now, so I don't. Gonna change big time on the 13th. I just cannot wait to never touch the Cataclysm remake zones again until the next big revamp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Even with all the xp buffs gone, SL is still faster.
    For real?

That is some serious positive news, I have to say.
    Well, news to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post

Spot on, although I'd like to add you can make a DK now & just hold onto it until 9.0 so you keep the levels. As a bonus, if you get the DK to level 60/70 & learn flying, it'll retain the flying skill after the squish. A level 70 character is squished to 27, and you don't even get 150% flying until 30/35 if I recall correctly, so if you plan on quest leveling, it might be worth getting your DKs to 70 now, buying 280% flying, then going ham in 9.0.

That said, dungeon leveling is the way to play if you want fast XP. It absolutely crushes everything else, especially with a decent group.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    - - - Updated - - -
    For real?

That is some serious positive news, I have to say.
    Well, news to me.
    Dungeon completion XP in 9.0 is like 2/3rds of a level without any sort of buff whatsoever. I went from 27.9 to 29.4 in one 9 minute Waycrest Manor with an entirely random group, in a dungeon which has no quests for it whatsoever. With dungeons & a good group, getting from 10 to 50 in under 5 hours isn't out of the question.

Lmao how is this a question.

What do you think is faster?
    Doing BFA once to level to max or doing 4-5 classic zones, 3 or so Northrend/BC zones, A few cata/mop zones, a couple WoD zones, Some of legion and half of BFA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

It really depends what you wanna do with the characters, how quickly you need them etc.

Yes, it's gonna be faster in SL for sure.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Wait so you can do your favorite expansion from start to end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    It will be waaaay faster in pre-patch event with 100% buff. Whole 10-50 is exactly like 110-120 on BfA launch.
    This. Think about it: new players are intended to jump from the new starting zone at level 10 to Zandalar/Kul Tiras. If my understanding of the new leveling system is correct, they can't even quest in non BfA areas until they hit 50 and cease to be considered a "new player". So by design, Kul Tiras and Zandalar MUST be enough to level all the way to 50.

Obviously for players like us who have been around for longer, we can level in any expansion we want, but it works by the same principle. It's equivalent to leveling 110-120 aproximately. So yes, that's considerably faster than now, even with the 100% buff and heirlooms. I'd say wait, that's what I'm doing for the allied races I didn't level yet and using my time doing other stuff until the patch drops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Depends, if your bored can always just go ahead and level as much as you can right now and really save yourself some time in shadowlands. Otherwise i've heard that shadowlands will be faster to level.