Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    You could finish before pre-patch, so why wait?
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Dungeon completion XP in 9.0 is like 2/3rds of a level without any sort of buff whatsoever. I went from 27.9 to 29.4 in one 9 minute Waycrest Manor with an entirely random group, in a dungeon which has no quests for it whatsoever. With dungeons & a good group, getting from 10 to 50 in under 5 hours isn't out of the question.
    I'm really enjoying the idea of doing Waycrest Manor at L27 lol I have to say.

How freely can you switch between the expansions? My wife and I are habitual dungeon levelers, but it would be really nice to be able to level in different dungeons from the usual Vanilla ones, but equally if they only have the sub-max 4 dungeons (or even 8 including the max-only) it seems like BfA etc. would get real dull real fast dungeon-wise.

Also did they nerf Cataclysm dungeons? And please don't tell me they already did on live lol, because they sure as hell hadn't like 2 months ago

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I'm really enjoying the idea of doing Waycrest Manor at L27 lol I have to say.

How freely can you switch between the expansions? My wife and I are habitual dungeon levelers, but it would be really nice to be able to level in different dungeons from the usual Vanilla ones, but equally if they only have the sub-max 4 dungeons (or even 8 including the max-only) it seems like BfA etc. would get real dull real fast dungeon-wise.

Also did they nerf Cataclysm dungeons? And please don't tell me they already did on live lol, because they sure as hell hadn't like 2 months ago
    You can swap through them as often as you want! When you talk to Chromie in Orgrimmar, you select which expansion you wish to quest through, and your dungeon finder swaps to random dungeons for whatever that expansion is.

Hopefully they don't put a cooldown on that (no idea why they would, but you know what they're like at times).

No idea on Cata dungeons.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can swap through them as often as you want! When you talk to Chromie in Orgrimmar, you select which expansion you wish to quest through, and your dungeon finder swaps to random dungeons for whatever that expansion is.

Hopefully they don't put a cooldown on that (no idea why they would, but you know what they're like at times).

No idea on Cata dungeons.
    Ahhhh awesome... and yes I do know what they're like, hopefully they don't randomly do that. Thank you!

I'm actually looking forwards to running a bunch of dungeons to a probably irrational degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Ahhhh awesome... and yes I do know what they're like, hopefully they don't randomly do that. Thank you!

I'm actually looking forwards to running a bunch of dungeons to a probably irrational degree.
    Same, moreso than anything else in 9.0 really. I will say the few BfA dungeons I did were incredibly easy even with an average group, but I kinda like that for leveling dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Even with all the xp buffs gone, SL is still faster.
    This. You can't even compare SL-Leveling to Leveling now: Yes, you gain more exp through the exp-buffs now, but SL is extremely faster:

1.) 1-10 is as fast as never before. You are guaranteed to be level 10 when you are finished on Exile's reach. That's level 20 on live in 1 HOUR OR LESS. Exiles Reach is the most insane leveling place in the game. You never level as fast, not even with buffs on live as you do on exile's reach!

2.) 10-50 is ONE EXPANSION: you don't need to travel after 60 to outland or northrend, you don't need then to travel to cata or pandaria at 80, and then to level to Draenor at 90, legion on 98, bfa on 110. Alone this travel times that you need to get from here to there is a huge time waste that does not compare to anything the buffs nowaday have.

You go either to bfa-zones or after you turned in on jaina in boralus you port back to stormwind, go to chromie, choose an expansion (naturally pandaria) and level there. Bored i leveled in a day (and that was a very lazy attempt) in bfa easily to 25.

So my suggestion: don't waste your time leveling now, because when you are in the middle of leveling and 9.0 hits, you will have a bad time. 9.0 is FAR BETTER AND MORE ENJOYABLE TO LEVELING THAN ANYTHING YOU HAVE NOW.

- - - Updated - - -

Same, moreso than anything else in 9.0 really. I will say the few BfA dungeons I did were incredibly easy even with an average group, but I kinda like that for leveling dungeons.
    Nope to healing: they already increased it to level 15, but before you could go into freehold at level 10, and let's say: healing freehold at level 10 was not very enjoyable as a disc priest. (switched then to holy and it was much better)

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah definitely. Leveling dungeons should be fairly laid-back/non-insane because a lot of people will always be noobing it up to the maximum possible degree (which is fair enough, they're leveling!).

For anyone reading, here's a list of the latest zone/dungeon minimum levels btw: https://www.wowhead.com/guides/chrom...ansion-scaling

Not all of them from 10, but a hilariously large number are, and almost all are available by 25/30 (not sure why Arcway and Court of Stars are 45+, I don't think either relies on on any hyper-specific high-level abilities - I guess both are kinda complicated though).

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Nope to healing: they already increased it to level 15, but before you could go into freehold at level 10, and let's say: healing freehold at level 10 was not very enjoyable as a disc priest. (switched then to holy and it was much better)
    As a Blood DK doing decent sized pulls I didn't really need much healing anyway, although losing several abilities from live did make it feel quite a bit worse to play, I must say Just a side-effect of the squish.

Disc is just a weird spec without its full kit.

Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    it would be lovely to get some information regarding how fast the new leveling system is from those of you who played in beta servers.

I want to level up a couple characters in another server, and Im terribly slow at leveling, so the question is which one is more convinient and faster ? the current leveling with the help of 100% xp buff or should I wait for the pre patch to hit and level up with the new system?
    I'm waiting for the prepatch myself, but i gotta admit there's a few more considerations in my case.
    It's also good to consider that the prepatch will likely bring with it some of the changes that will be in Shadowlands too, so it might be that your class will feel less "complete" during it, though it might also lessen the shocks of change to the way your class plays going into Shadowlands.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    it would be lovely to get some information regarding how fast the new leveling system is from those of you who played in beta servers.

I want to level up a couple characters in another server, and Im terribly slow at leveling, so the question is which one is more convinient and faster ? the current leveling with the help of 100% xp buff or should I wait for the pre patch to hit and level up with the new system?
    You could've checked the leveling increase on the PTR as well. It's a lot faster. 10-41 from one BfA zone and 4 Dungeons. But it also depends on what content you choose to level up in. The first 3 expansions are slower and the quest rewards aren't as good as the most recent 3 expansions.
    I'm a thread killer.

Well if you don't care for the new customizations I would definitely say before pre-patch. That is just me. We know things are dying at a reasonable pace atm. Heirlooms still work. It goes pretty quick.

If you are curious about the new zone. That would also be a good reason to wait. I've heard some people say good things, some bad. (Same with customization) It's always a mix. Not sure who the credible source is tbh. I'll know when patch goes live.

I wish they would've taken off lvl restrictions on mogs tho. More so with the level squish. It would've just added that cherry on top.

Tbh I was a little disappointed they put time into making a new starter zone, instead of focusing on all the old starter zones. They just need some graphic updates. For example I bet a lot of people would've been excited to see a new/updated Goldshire. Just a lot of the old starter zones that probably hold a lot of nostalgia for a lot of players.

The good news I guess it's diverting all the traffic into one place for new customers and this will overall make the zone and game seem more lively. (This is very much intentional) They did this with the portal rooms for Stormwind and Origmmar. Personally I wasn't the biggest fan of the portal rooms, I am just sayin'.

I went on a ramble there. I did hear it doesn't take that long to level with the level squish, but I don't know if that is accurate information. The thing is we currently know it doesn't take long now. So I would say it depends on how fast you want to get through the content.

As a Blood DK doing decent sized pulls I didn't really need much healing anyway, although losing several abilities from live did make it feel quite a bit worse to play, I must say Just a side-effect of the squish.

Disc is just a weird spec without its full kit.
    Try this in freehold, especially with newer players. This will be the first real dungeon after the introduction one; and that's in freehold. Right now we don't have any issues with it, wait until they pull the first groups in masses. And about disc you are totally right.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Try this in freehold, especially with newer players. This will be the first real dungeon after the introduction one; and that's in freehold. Right now we don't have any issues with it, wait until they pull the first groups in masses. And about disc you are totally right.
    I try not to pug wherever possible. I know a lot of guildies are interested in leveling so I'll play with them, rather than worry about getting paired with lazy and/or bad players Speeeeed leveling ahoy!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The "correct" answer is not as simple as which one is more efficient.

Right now a lot of people have time on their hands. Come SL and we'll have a lot of new stuff to focus on. So unless you have other things you want to get in the game at the moment, spending the time before pre-patch levelling up a character might be worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been leveling up an alt just because I want to play WoW and there's nothing else to do so why not?

So if you're just wanting to play WoW, sure go ahead, but if you're not too crazy about playing the game right now then just wait. From what it looks like their revamping the whole thing and it's apparently faster than what it is now.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I'd say do it now. 120 is more fun than 60.

To people saying slands 1-50 Is too fast compared to live 1-120, they aren't comperable. Slands max is 60. Leveling from 50-60 more than doubles the time required to reach max level afaik.

Anyone know if the mop dungeons are still supereasy facerolls?
    The 3 dh spec is increíble.

unless you have better things to do, you don't lose anything by starting now.

If you're looking to min-max time /played, pre-patch will be faster and there will likely be not much to do in the pre-patch anyway.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Hello, long time reader, first time poster here.

Does anyone know if SL prepatch will give catch up gear like BFA did for alts? I have leveled bunch of them but they have lousy gear at the moment and I do not want to waste my time doing the WQ for 375 ilvl gear if we will be able to get pre patch gear.

The reason I am asking is I started a Zandalari Priest and I am enjoying the leveling process so far but don't want to go into new xpac with very bad gear that I get 2 shot from quest mobs..

Thanks to anyone who answers.