Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berdydk View Post
    Hello, long time reader, first time poster here.

Does anyone know if SL prepatch will give catch up gear like BFA did for alts? I have leveled bunch of them but they have lousy gear at the moment and I do not want to waste my time doing the WQ for 375 ilvl gear if we will be able to get pre patch gear.

The reason I am asking is I started a Zandalari Priest and I am enjoying the leveling process so far but don't want to go into new xpac with very bad gear that I get 2 shot from quest mobs..

Thanks to anyone who answers.
    oooh yes. prepatch gives ilvl 100 gear which is around the level auf Nyalotha normal.

quote from the wowhead article about items and article is full of spoilers !!!
    They also seem to be item level 100 (on par with Normal mode Ny'alotha), which makes the gear much better than the ilevel 75 gear available for level 50 premade characters in Bastion - this makes them not only good Shadowlands leveling gear for underplayed alts, but also inordinately powerful catch up gear for new characters still catching up to 50!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    it would be lovely to get some information regarding how fast the new leveling system is from those of you who played in beta servers.

I want to level up a couple characters in another server, and Im terribly slow at leveling, so the question is which one is more convinient and faster ? the current leveling with the help of 100% xp buff or should I wait for the pre patch to hit and level up with the new system?
    It's your preference, if you're only looking for speed it may be better now with the bonus to exp and if you already have heirlooms. Major bonus if you are leveling DK or DH. Otherwise Shadowlands will likely provide a faster leveling speed.

If you want a convinent and smooth experience, definitely wait for prepatch. Instead of having to go from multiple expansions worth of zones you'll be able to just play your favorite expansion leveling from 10-50.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

thank you all guys for the helpful answers and guides, I will wait for the pre patch, hopefully they will not nerf the xp or anything else before that.

I will make a couple DKs around the realms I may want to play just incase for the extra levels when the levels convert to the new system.

It looks like if you pick WoD as your xpac then it ill be a lot faster. If you dont have a 120 so have to level through BFA it'll be about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Piplupzero View Post
    It looks like if you pick WoD as your xpac then it ill be a lot faster. If you dont have a 120 so have to level through BFA it'll be about the same.
    Nope, Treasures are nerfed like hell in 9.0; also you have no flying mount before level 30 too. Might still be a tick faster, didn't tryed it out yet. But the rule that WoD is the fastest because you can entirely level through treasures is no longer the case.
    I personally might try out BC on my first twink: first to level through it again, it's been so long that i was there, also dungeons in BC are easier and much faster than anything. Also quests are vanillalike straight forward and not too annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    oooh yes. prepatch gives ilvl 100 gear which is around the level auf Nyalotha normal.

quote from the wowhead article []] and article is full of spoilers !!!
    They also seem to be item level 100 (on par with Normal mode Ny'alotha), which makes the gear much better than the ilevel 75 gear available for level 50 premade characters in Bastion - this makes them not only good Shadowlands leveling gear for underplayed alts, but also inordinately powerful catch up gear for new characters still catching up to 50!
    Thank you so much for the answer. That means more time for transmogs and priest leveling for me.

Kindly,
    Berdy

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Nope, Treasures are nerfed like hell in 9.0; also you have no flying mount before level 30 too. Might still be a tick faster, didn't tryed it out yet. But the rule that WoD is the fastest because you can entirely level through treasures is no longer the case.
    I personally might try out BC on my first twink: first to level through it again, it's been so long that i was there, also dungeons in BC are easier and much faster than anything. Also quests are vanillalike straight forward and not too annoying.
    It has nothing to do with treasures. A power leveler tasted all content in ptr/beta. (there was a thread in Reddit/youtube, i think the guy you respond to refers to that). WoD came out significantly ahead with 6 hours total.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalga View Post
    It has nothing to do with treasures. A power leveler tasted all content in ptr/beta. (there was a thread in Reddit/youtube, i think the guy you respond to refers to that). WoD came out significantly ahead with 6 hours total.
    Ah ok, might be true because the quest density is quite high in some regions. (also don't know how the horde-questing there is) Gorgrond for example seems like a blast, because the quests there are only in a small part of the whole zone, also the optional objects seems to bring a lot of exp too.

But if you don't powerlevel, i think that you can play what you want and you will finish it around the same time. And i think that playing the zones that are more fun for you will make a better leveling experience overall.

For me, i will play 9.0 at least once as Burning Crusade Classic and it will be fun to see more player there than ever.

Leveling is pretty fast right now, I just do dungeon spamming as soon as I get level 15 and spam them dungeons.

How badly nerfed are the treasure exp gains? I'll be boosting a toon with an unused boost which should get him to like 48 iirc, can you get 2 levels worth out of the treasures flying around WoD?

15+ Year Old Account
    Wait for pre-patch just for the sole purpose that more people will be playing and you will possibly have more incentive to actually play and under some circumstances might have more fun, since changes and all that.

Heirlooms haven't been good in a while, no reason for them to exist anymore, especially since leveling isn't designed to be a journey to max anymore outside of Chromie Time.
    I think Wrath was my favorite time to level: still had the old pre-Cata zones, but all the up to date holidays and really beefy heirlooms and no scaling, so if you had really good gear, you smashed shit your level, as opposed to now where you don't smash a damn thing.

Why not both? Start leveling now and continue during pre-patch?

Definitely wait for prepatch, it is faster, smoother (no expansion jumping) and most important,
    you get to play with all class/talent changes and for some specs those are significant.

Just make some characters now and leave them in resting area so you get some rested XP at the start (wont matter to much)
    or just wait if you want to use new customization options.

What happens to characters that are partially leveled? Do they start the campaign in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    What happens to characters that are partially leveled? Do they start the campaign in the middle?
    You log in at a reduced level and can pick up from wherever you are right now or, if you already have a 120, start in a new Chromie Time area and finish the run to 50.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'd say wait till prepatch. You wont have to force yourself through BFA. I will give BFA this, The zones weren't bad. but having done them so many times.. I'd rather level somewhere else xD so I say wait.