Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    I mean the screenshot showcases it exactly as it appears. It's not as if I'm trying to make these look worse than they are. The issue turns out to be a missing texture that would normally cover the upper lip. Has far less to do with the HD beards or anything. They've just either forgot to, or chose not to apply the old texture beneath the mustache Mesh.

To be self-conscious is the great goal. You should know that by now.
    Yes, it means certain combinations don't look like they used to and you might have to find a new customizations more to your liking.
    The good news is they added more.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Yes, it means certain combinations don't look like they used to and you might have to find a new customizations more to your liking.
    The good news is they added more.
    And, this is because? Because it just looks that way right now on PTR? You won't consider another of many oversights on character customizations to just be an error?

Truthfully, I don't believe this is an 'intentional' change. At worst, I'll give you that somebody on the higher up probably said "Yea oh well, that's broken now but who cares." and they moved on. That's what's bothersome.

Why are you so submissive to what is clearly very possibly not in fact just a mistake, but a careless change to manage the new beard/mustache combo system?
    Even worse if a bug is just the new way of life you'll give into so easily.

Here's also why I'm not buying that it HAS to stay this way, as you're implying. It's that their new Eyebrow system actually includes a ton of new 2d textures that stick onto the brow, the same way the 2D underlaying Mustache texture used to.

So while on one hand their showing that they can include a bunch more of these options, they're somehow neglecting the previously existing one? I'm sorry, but this ain't a case of 'we liked this better now', not this long after WoD.
    By your same logic, the Gnome's eyebrows shouldn't be fixed either. Exact same issue. However anyone honest will admit the Gnome's brows need those textures back.

I only put the "Is this intentional" to stay neutral, when in reality, I know better and have seen a lack of care for detail in some areas of char customization of late. This being of the exact ilk I've come to expect.

It's either an approved Oversight, which is a shame, and lazy. Or what we can hope for, is that it's a genuine mistake, a true oversight that may yet be fixed.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dorisbohjsom View Post
    y'all are weird asfk
    Yes....yes they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Yes....yes they are.
    Cite your sources at least.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    For Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Cite your sources at least.
    People bitch and moan about everything on here....like this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    People bitch and moan about everything on here.
    Hoping to get a bug reported by the many, instead of the observant, and most importantly, caring few.

Lend a hand
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    For Azeroth!

For most human facial hair options they removed the skin texture associated with the facial hair options. This is a really bad choice, IMHO, because headwear that hides your facial hair will give your beardy-man the cleanest shave of his life.
    Seriously. I think in a later patch the Art Team needs to do a pass on all of these new customizations and the Allied Races to add proper facial textures to each hair/facial hair style.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you're not supposed to kill someone unless they kill you first. it's common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Nenavn View Post
    For most human facial hair options they removed the skin texture associated with the facial hair options. This is a really bad choice, IMHO, because headwear that hides your facial hair will give your beardy-man the cleanest shave of his life.
    Seriously. I think in a later patch the Art Team needs to do a pass on all of these new customizations and the Allied Races to add proper facial textures to each hair/facial hair style.
    Very good point! Thanks for mentioning that.

Another brave soul on the Blizzard forums, fighting valiantly for what's righteous and good in the world.

I second the "haven't seen my upper lip in 15 years" comment. Practically why it's so bloody obvious and why the thread's here.
    Last edited by Archmage Xaxxas; 2020-10-06 at 05:22 AM.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    For Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hoping to get a bug reported by the many, instead of the observant, and most importantly, caring few.

Lend a hand
    You know what you change my mind...I'll go check it report it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    It got outright removed. It used to be face number 9 on live and it was a face that was exclusive to human male Death Knights. When I copied my character to the PTR, his face got changed to number 6 and number 9 is now an entirely different face. The old one is completely gone.
    It might be that on the PTR and Beta they have -one- facial stance across all faces. I noticed this with the female orc face furthest down looking angry (which I loved, and I wish they'd make that one permanent), but on live it doesnt look angry. It's the same on Wowheads dressing room. So it might be fine once the pre-patch comes.

Wait and see. If there is an actual change once it goes live, tell Blizzard fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordheim View Post
    It might be that on the PTR and Beta they have -one- facial stance across all faces. I noticed this with the female orc face furthest down looking angry (which I loved, and I wish they'd make that one permanent), but on live it doesnt look angry. It's the same on Wowheads dressing room. So it might be fine once the pre-patch comes.

Wait and see. If there is an actual change once it goes live, tell Blizzard fast.
    After some bug reports at least on my behalf, and surely on others, I saw this issue disappear on Dwarves and Humans. Didn't notice it on other races personally at the time, but if you see it, just give a detailed report of the "FacePosition" animations being disabled for Face Options.

Edit: I actually thought that was the issue behind the pursed upper lip that was now showing, but after it was fixed, I could see the issue remained.
    Last edited by Archmage Xaxxas; 2020-10-06 at 07:45 AM.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    For Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    After some bug reports at least on my behalf, and surely on others, I saw this issue disappear on Dwarves and Humans. Didn't notice it on other races personally at the time, but if you see it, just give a detailed report of the "FacePosition" animations being disabled for Face Options.

Edit: I actually thought that was the issue behind the pursed upper lip that was now showing, but after it was fixed, I could see the issue remained.
    I think it was changed for female orcs last time I was on the PTR, so they probably fixed it. It happened when the new models came as well for a while. Humans even had a facial stance bug for a while during Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordheim View Post

I think it has to do with how DK faces functioned after the model rework. Basically, they had the same actual "skins" as the regular humans but they used different "shapes" which is why they looked different overall. With the model rework they seem to have removed this "discrepancy" and the unfortunate side-effect is that... well, pretty much all human DK faces now look different.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2020-10-06 at 08:28 AM.

And, this is because? Because it just looks that way right now on PTR? You won't consider another of many oversights on character customizations to just be an error?

Truthfully, I don't believe this is an 'intentional' change. At worst, I'll give you that somebody on the higher up probably said "Yea oh well, that's broken now but who cares." and they moved on. That's what's bothersome.

Why are you so submissive to what is clearly very possibly not in fact just a mistake, but a careless change to manage the new beard/mustache combo system?
    Even worse if a bug is just the new way of life you'll give into so easily.

Here's also why I'm not buying that it HAS to stay this way, as you're implying. It's that their new Eyebrow system actually includes a ton of new 2d textures that stick onto the brow, the same way the 2D underlaying Mustache texture used to.

So while on one hand their showing that they can include a bunch more of these options, they're somehow neglecting the previously existing one? I'm sorry, but this ain't a case of 'we liked this better now', not this long after WoD.
    By your same logic, the Gnome's eyebrows shouldn't be fixed either. Exact same issue. However anyone honest will admit the Gnome's brows need those textures back.

I only put the "Is this intentional" to stay neutral, when in reality, I know better and have seen a lack of care for detail in some areas of char customization of late. This being of the exact ilk I've come to expect.

It's either an approved Oversight, which is a shame, and lazy. Or what we can hope for, is that it's a genuine mistake, a true oversight that may yet be fixed.
    Dude, it's been there on PTR since day one.

Void elves also got this thing around their eyes on the blue tones which i don't like and changes how they look.

But, the humans do look better. I like the changes. Theres plenty of new stache and beard models to choose from.

If you care that much go complain to blizzard. This particular one is not a problem to me.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-10-06 at 02:44 PM.

I'd like to point out that this is an issue affecting primarily player models. NPCs still have the correct textures to cover their upper lip.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you're not supposed to kill someone unless they kill you first. it's common sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    It got outright removed. It used to be face number 9 on live and it was a face that was exclusive to human male Death Knights. When I copied my character to the PTR, his face got changed to number 6 and number 9 is now an entirely different face. The old one is completely gone.
    Make sure that you report this stuff.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Make sure that you report this stuff.
    Already did on every available channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Nenavn View Post
    I'd like to point out that this is an issue affecting primarily player models. NPCs still have the correct textures to cover their upper lip.
    Wow! See I think that's kind of a done deal on this not being an artistic change. Good eye Nen.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Dude, it's been there on PTR since day one.
    Void elves also got this thing around their eyes on the blue tones which i don't like and changes how they look.

If you care that much go complain to blizzard. This particular one is not a problem to me.
    Yes that Void Elf issue is also on the LF and Dark Iron DK's, and wasn't fixed. Completely lazy and it's not an artistic choice. Same as your Void Elf. It's because the eyeglow is baked into the LF and Dark Iron Skin Textures, so even with Blue eyes the DK Dark Iron has a dark red eyeglow surrounding the socket.

You should be bug reporting it, making threads to spread the word to those who didn't notice or care, as I am. Once again, just because something is bugged on PTR doesn't mean you should cave into it as a new way of life.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    For Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    that's what's bad about wow: if you unluckily have different tastes than the artists, then there can be such cases where you see your beloved game/world/character progressively becoming worse, a long and painful process

Wow! See I think that's kind of a done deal on this not being an artistic change. Good eye Nen.

Yes that Void Elf issue is also on the LF and Dark Iron DK's, and wasn't fixed. Completely lazy and it's not an artistic choice. Same as your Void Elf. It's because the eyeglow is baked into the LF and Dark Iron Skin Textures, so even with Blue eyes the DK Dark Iron has a dark red eyeglow surrounding the socket.

You should be bug reporting it, making threads to spread the word to those who didn't notice or care, as I am. Once again, just because something is bugged on PTR doesn't mean you should cave into it as a new way of life.
    I didn't cave anything. I don't have an issue with the human changes myself.