Disabling Spell Effects

Has anyone with Alpha access tested the new spell effect disable feature in SL? This has been the no.1 thing on my wishlist since vanilla. I’m really excited to see how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdhammer View Post
    Has anyone with Alpha access tested the new spell effect disable feature in SL? This has been the no.1 thing on my wishlist since vanilla. I’m really excited to see how it works.

Wow... Id like to know too

Quote Originally Posted by Valdhammer View Post
    Is this feature really comming :O ? Do you have a link to where its stated ? Havent seen anyone else talk about this, but damn it would be nice if they added it.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbonade View Post
    Is this feature really comming :O ? Do you have a link to where its stated ? Havent seen anyone else talk about this, but damn it would be nice if they added it.
    Spell Density Updates

The highest FPS drops occur in WoW during raids when there's too much stuff going on and there are multiple options to select from when it comes to Spell Density in the new expansion to help you reach your desired framerate by reducing the visibility of non-essential spells. You can set Spell Density to:

Essential - Only shows essential spells. Your own spells are always always shown.
    Some - Reduces non-essential spells shown by around 75%.
    Half - Reduces non-essential spells by around 50%.
    Most - Reduces non-essential spells by around 25%.
    Dynamic -Reduces non-essential spells shown based on framerate. If you are above your desired framerate, everything will be shown.
    Everything - Always show all spells.

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...n-shadowlands/

Thank the Lord for this. It was hell about time...

For what it's worth, a lot of that spell density stuff is actually already in the game today. I would estimate that the current BFA setting is equivalent to the "Some" or "Essential" settings, as your allies' spells in both the world and instances have already been getting suppressed like this since Legion (such as not being able to see your allied druid's Moonfire/Sunfire casts, for example).

The new thing they've done here is added the Dynamic and "Everything" settings. Dynamic will basically use the highest suggested density level your PC can support while lowering it on the fly as necessary to hit your target FPS. "Everything" does exactly what it says it does and is intended for those who have beefier PCs and want to see all of our allies' spells in their full glory once again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    For what it's worth, a lot of that spell density stuff is actually already in the game today. I would estimate that the current BFA setting is equivalent to the "Some" or "Essential" settings, as your allies' spells in both the world and instances have already been getting suppressed like this since Legion (such as not being able to see your allied druid's Moonfire/Sunfire casts, for example).

The new thing they've done here is added the Dynamic and "Everything" settings. Dynamic will basically use the highest suggested density level your PC can support while lowering it on the fly as necessary to hit your target FPS. "Everything" does exactly what it says it does and is intended for those who have beefier PCs and want to see all of our allies' spells in their full glory once again.
    That is disappointing if true. I’d really like to be able to see my character and what I am standing in...