Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    I mean at this point are even player characters even given credit in the world or taken seriously? It seems only some devine power that is gifted to them allows them to accomplish anything until it's stripped away again to actually save the world. Then we are all doomed until some other savior power comes along and gifts itself to us to allow us to make it before it too gets stripped away to save us again. Seems we are just a vessel for god powers to get to the end then they jump out and actually win the day. Then we shiver in the night until another god beast thing gives us powers to carry to the end where it wins the day yet again. It has all become fairly comical at this point for me honestly. We aren't great characters we are just the horse the drags around the wagon that matters.

Players were adventurers up until wod.

Honestly, it's nice after so many troll threads to see a good well structured Post.

I agree with you partially, since it makes sense for Legion for excample to be the champion. But more often than not, adventurer just fits better.

It's been 16 years...

I think we earned the title of "champion".

This is one thing I like about classic - I'm just a nobody adventurer, and farmer saldean thanks me for killing harvest watchers - an honest days work

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    I just want to be a normie!... Who happens to have massive power but a normie nevertheless.

I agree but it's probably too late to backtrack at this time and try to diminish our roles after already having bumped them up to be so big.

Personally I'd love an expansion where we go to another planet with new races, places to discover, enemies to fight and they could be free from the expectations of a story set on Azeroth and they could also make us explorers/adventurers again because we wouldn't be these legendary heroes in the eyes of some new races.

Is this a joke??? The character in ffxiv is literally a god known as the warrior of light who can magically absorb light and darkness at will. Play more than an hour of it and you'll see how ridiculous what your saying is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratmi View Post
    Is this a joke??? The character in ffxiv is literally a god known as the warrior of light who can magically absorb light and darkness at will. Play more than an hour of it and you'll see how ridiculous what your saying is.
    This whole thread was legendary bait.
    Shuttle of Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    We stopped being random jo-blos in vanilla the moment we hit max level and defeated an elemental lord, two powerful dragons, a Wild God, an Old God, and the world's most powerful Lich. Since then we beat/killed Kil'jaeden (twice), Illidan, said Lich King, two other Old Gods, another elemental lord, Deathwing, Lei Shen, Archimonde (twice), Gul'dan, Azshara, and a nascent Titan. We have a bigger rap sheet than the most overpowered of NPCs. Being treated like a low level yahoo with a blunted sword still would be completely ridiculous.

They don't have to make us the Maw Walker general commander of the universe every time, granted, but we're powerful champions now, little else but the fantasy Avengers. We should get respect from NPCs.
    The thing is though, *you* never really do any of this alone. It's always in a raid setting with other people, and sometimes with NPC's involved.

I think Lich King did it right by having Tirion in the fight. Sure we took down the Lich King, but it was in participation of the war effort in general and the killing blow was technically done by Tirion. Now, I don't suggest that this happen in every raid instance, but I think treating lore this way where you're a renowned adventurer participating in a large-scale battle would be fine.

The game reaches too far by crediting you solely and giving you ubermensch status. It should still regard you respectfully and with awe, but not in a way that you are given 'Commander' status or be bound to any given faction.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2020-10-16 at 07:09 PM.