Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Upright undead, worgen

Wasn’t it announced at some point that upright worgen and undead are planned? Was this officially mentioned at some point?

I think these two are some of the coolest races in the game and would be super awesome to have an upright option for.

I can't recall it being confirmed as being in the works.

But with how often the playerbase asks for it, I'd be surprised if they never go through and do it. Perhaps as part of SL minor patches where they add other customization?

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't recall them ever saying anything officially about it, but players have requested it plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    Wasn’t it announced at some point that upright worgen and undead are planned? Was this officially mentioned at some point?

I think these two are some of the coolest races in the game and would be super awesome to have an upright option for.
    No, it was not.
    There was models for upright undead, but they are used only for some npcs in specific stances.

But no, there has never been anything official about upright undead or worgen.
    The only thing like that is for undead now having the option for bones or no bones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post

No, it wasn't. Wishful thinking has that effect, though.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    No, it was not.
    There was models for upright undead, but they are used only for some npcs in specific stances.

But no, there has never been anything official about upright undead or worgen.
    The only thing like that is for undead now having the option for bones or no bones.
    Exactly this, people saw those and just assumed that they were coming/announced.

Worgen are designed to be hunched orcs were always straight backed until wow and even then in lore they still were, doubt this will happen for the other races.

I think they DID mention something about upright undead models tbh.

tho... why the heck undead chars can't have beard? it drops off when you die?

Boneless and mottled bone/flesh for Undead has made it in, as well as Worgen/Human separate form customization.

They have said they would do more overall player customization as fan reception to all the new SL options has been so positive.

I could've sworn they mentioned upright undead, but that's probably just popular fan request..?

i feel like blizzard dosent want to add any horde races that are too humany
    i mean 90% of horde players are blood elfs just a fact

Upright worgen would be cool! Especially if they were a little leaner build too. Then you could look like an intellectual worgen or something, perfect for a caster.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    No, it was not.
    Not models, just animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    I think they DID mention something about upright undead models tbh.

tho... why the heck undead chars can't have beard? it drops off when you die?
    idk if you know but when people die their hair becomes easy to pull out and falls out naturally, and if your standing up, any facial hair would fall off first, cause ya know... gravity.

also no, they never did.

Yes please. And tail option for Worgen. I'm a goddamn dog, I should have a tail.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    No one is talking about adding races though
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

7+ Year Old Account
    i think it was talked yes, i remember that was a thing they would discuss, but they didn't say they planned, just "we will see"

i remember for certain they did say no to upright normal trolls, cause it is right, the normal troll hunch is biological, same as worgen.

Undead should have a upright stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Yes please. And tail option for Worgen. I'm a goddamn dog, I should have a tail.
    you are not a dog...you are a worgen, not all werewolves in games have tails

we seriously don't need more furry stuff to people go crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    then that's a good reason to bring more "humany" race, so maybe we'll see less blood elfs when people go play upright undeads

10+ Year Old Account
    So much for feral and wild worgen. People just want furry Ken dolls, I see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I guess a "fact" means something else to different people. But maybe you have a link to your fact. (I go first and give mine, which is more in the 15-16% range https://www.statista.com/statistics/...cters-by-race/)
    Wonder how big a boost NEs and BEs got with Legion and Demon Hunters becoming a thing.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was never confirmed, nor planned. They didn't even say if they were thinking about it.

And judging by the amount of Undead and Worgen with straight backs (almost none), chances are it will never happen.