Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Half the new contracted writers share the same racist views

https://i.imgur.com/Oa2qh4a.png

I wouldn't expect much quality from the new book coming out, at all.
    Please keep it civil else the mods can lock the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess we will know where that new wave of Horde favouritism will come from then. :P

why are people who claim to be progressive so goddamn vile? the hypocrisy is real...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Pretty sure the mods will lock the thread anyway, but I am honestly amazed the writers are even allowed to tweet shit like that. Most companies have some kind of 'if you put that you work us on your social media don't say controversial stuff' clause. Ignoring any and all political opinions, isn't this still problematic? Just from a pure PR standpoint.

Then again, firing them will also be a PR nightmare. "I got fired because I am against racism!".

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/Oa2qh4a.png

Please keep it civil else the mods can lock the thread.
    Good find and honestly, I am pretty shocked by some of that. As a white man myself, I find it insulting what some of them said. Why cant we leave the politic to politics and let our games be fun for fuc*s sake? Lets hope the writing doesnt take a nose dive into PC culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    Learn to separate the art from the artists. R Kelly is a dodgy fecker, but the Ignition remix is still a banger Same with JK Rowling & countless other names you care to mention. If the book is good, who cares who wrote it? If it's bad, it's bad.

Not defending the behaviour/outlook of those people at all, but sod getting bothered about it. Life is too short to be that bitter.

7+ Year Old Account
    LMAO what a shit show, i don't even ant to comment, pisses me f out how those white woman are talking so much shit about white man, like they are that much different

The first one said some true things about blizzard shoving things in the horde and making then the foe of the good alliance but the rest? ykes

Its takes so little to be a blizzard these days
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2020-10-04 at 10:11 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't see any racism here. Care to point it out?
    Here is something to believe in!

I don't understand why Blizzard have hired these obviously racist, sexist women. They seem, going by those messages, to be outright awful, hateful people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Without context to those tweets its sketchy.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Pretty sure the mods will lock the thread anyway, but I am honestly amazed the writers are even allowed to tweet shit like that. Most companies have some kind of 'if you put that you work us on your social media don't say controversial stuff' clause. Ignoring any and all political opinions, isn't this still problematic? Just from a pure PR standpoint.

Then again, firing them will also be a PR nightmare. "I got fired because I am against racism!".
    There have already been a few cases where the company dismissed an employee due to their rants and ramblings on social media without any clause expressly saying it was forbidden. Many companies have a generic clause in the contract saying they cannot behave in a manor that could bring the company into disrepute, both inside and outside of working hours.

@Overlordd Stop trying to force your identity politics into my game, most of your examples were a weak stretch and it has nothing to do with how they write or what they write

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Without context to those tweets its sketchy.
    What context would make racist remarks acceptable to you?

it's pathetic, sad and funny at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Lets stop pretending that warcraft books are the bastion of quality literature.

Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    @Overlordd Stop trying to force your identity politics into my game
    The irony is real.

That compiled photo with all that trash talk from those writers is simply depressing. Can't these people realize that they are worse racists than the racist elements they point their fingers at?

They can do whatever they want with their opinions, but they better not poison the WoW lore.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    it's pathetic, sad and funny at the same time.
    Lol pretty much. Best thing to do is ignore it Getting wound up over some bitter weirdo shouting into the Twitter echo chamber ain't good for your own well-being. Let them get on with it & just have a laugh at them when it pops up.

Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    I don't understand why Blizzard have hired these obviously racist, sexist women. They seem, going by those messages, to be outright awful, hateful people.
    To be fair, these are obviously a very selective grouping of tweets, and im sure they dont reflect their entire personality. HOWEVER, they are a very concerning selection of tweets, that if delivered by a white male regarding African American / Females, would cause absolute chaos and the person in question would be fired immediately with some generic apology from the company.

Disgusting. I'm sure other vile people will come in and try to defend that.