Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    But nothing they are saying is internally racist if there is no context to these tweets.

Also Blizzard are not going to fire them because they are temp contractors not under Blizzard employment. They do not work for Blizzard they are just writing some stories for them. (at least I don't think they are on a monthly payroll)

lol you're cute.
    I'll take that over being a *** racist like yourself lmao.

I honestly can't tell what is worse; the fact these people exist and continue to be hired, or the fact other people are actually defending their views as if there's nothing wrong with them. This whole situation is disgusting.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Because their entire existence is wrapped up in it. All they see is color, sex, creed, etc. That's how they identify a person. This is the opposite of progress, but that's the SJW movement in a nutshell.

Bingo. Great post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neforpubl View Post
    racism noun

rac·​ism | \ ˈrā-ˌsi-zəm also -ˌshi- \
    Definition of racism
    1: a belief that race is a fundamental determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

Nothing about that says white people. Anyone can be racist. End of story.
    I love how you cut out the important bit

racism
    /ˈreɪsɪz(ə)m/
    noun
    prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I honestly can't tell what is worse; the fact these people exist and continue to be hired, or the fact other people are actually defending their views as if there's nothing wrong with them. This whole situation is disgusting.
    Defending them definitely. Keeps racism and divide alive which breeds more of these people. If people stopped defending it it would eventually die out except in some fringe groups.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/Oa2qh4a.png

I wouldn't expect much quality from the new book coming out, at all.
    Please keep it civil else the mods can lock the thread.
    but non of these are racist.... Bigoted maybe but not racist

10+ Year Old Account

racism
    /ˈreɪsɪz(ə)m/
    noun
    prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.
    Typically, I.E. not always the minority.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Oh god, I nearly had a stroke reading those tweets.

I am so tired of identity politics

racism
    /ˈreɪsɪz(ə)m/
    noun
    Typically != Always.
    For example, if I said, "It's typically sunny here," that does not mean that it is always sunny and never rains.
    This.. this isn't difficult, sweetie. Use that frontal cortex. You can do it. I believe in you.

racism
    /ˈreɪsɪz(ə)m/
    noun
    I think you need to learn the definition of "typically".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You are entitled to your opinion, as is everyone else - no need to try taking the intellectual high road. Or do you genuinely believe you can change someones view on race history on the mmo-c general forum?
    You ain't wrong in thinking what they said is wrong. I personally wouldn't say what they said. If they are guilty of anything (as I mentioned before) is being overly aggressive. But the whole race debate regarding this whole thing is silly, because without context its hard to point any fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Neforpubl View Post
    For the love of god, it's a FANTASY VIDEO GAME! Can we stop making everything about race for like....5 minutes, just try it. I promise, you will live a happier life.
    I agree! Anyway, what race is your main? Are you excited for potential new Allied Races?

https://i.imgur.com/Oa2qh4a.png

I wouldn't expect much quality from the new book coming out, at all.
    Please keep it civil else the mods can lock the thread.
    Lovely, another reason to keep ignoring content not in the game.
    Though honestly if they're capable and don't let their politics seep too deeply into the story it should be fine.

Besides keep in mind Blizzard likes China and China does not like American social liberals, so they can't mess up too badly or they suffer the media-version of the headman's axe over there.

racism
    /ˈreɪsɪz(ə)m/
    noun
    You know what typically means? It just says it happens more against minorities and marginalized. Not that they are the only ones that are able to be victims of racism.
    Your line added nothing to refute him.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

racism
    /ˈreɪsɪz(ə)m/
    noun
    Oof found the racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I'm usually a supporter of Blizzard but after seeing the way that Soulbinds are going to work on top of this change to M+ I'm deeply regretting my decision to preorder this expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Thanks man, your super hot take that WoW sucks is really refreshing.

Atleast you have to agree that they are sexist.
    Seriously though, where else are we supposed to post this bullshit? Why are the moderators silencing us on this topic?
    could be sexist, but I think the title is wrong since only one of them would be racist, the others would not.
    I think because of the policies of the forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    You know what typically means? It just says it happens more against minorities and marginalized. Not that they are the only ones that are able to be victims of racism.
    Your line added nothing to refute him.
    That wasnt the point in me adding that line, I added that bit because the previous guy cut it off, not because he was wrong. Otherwis eI would just just left the highlighted ion.

Quote Originally Posted by Drigs View Post
    but non of these are racist.... Bigoted maybe but not racist
    being bigoted towards people because of their race or gender is still racism or sexism.

That wasnt the point in me adding that line, I added that bit because the previous guy cut it off, not because he was wrong. Otherwis eI would just just left the highlighted ion.
    he didn't leave it out, he got the definition from somewhere that felt no need to add an irrelevant and unimportant phrase to a definition to make it seem like white people are the only ones that can be racist. whites aren't even the majority of the world either, neither is white a race, its a skin color common among several races that were from the region of europe and surrounding areas.
    Last edited by zhero; 2020-10-04 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    being bigoted towards people because of their race or gender is still racism or sexism.
    Gotta second this dude, haven't really followed the exchange but racism is literally (negative) discrimination based on race.
    Treating someone as less because he's "white" is no less racist than doing so because he's "black".

(though honestly neither color has much to do with any race - there are many races that might be called white or black, and some of them can even be both)
    Last edited by loras; 2020-10-04 at 10:58 PM.

Who cares? as long as they're doing a good job then it doesn't matter. Cancel culture needs to die.