Connection of lore related mounts to the next expansion

Evening all as we have seen there has been a thread from the mount dropped by the end of expansion boss to the content/theme of the next expansion.

Wolf from Garosh (iron horde next expansion)
    Moose from Archimond (val’sharah inspired mount)
    Glitter Bird from Argus (‘titan blood’ inspired bird)

Which brings me to the current expansions Ahead of the Curve mount:
    Void Dragon from N’zoth

I have been looking at beta data mining etc and just got access to Beta last week....but I am unable to make a connection between this mount and any relationship to the expansion.

Does anybody think there will be a void influence in Shadowlands outside of the very loose “Nathrezim” story being hinted at and the journal we find they aren’t really void they are everywhere so void still has nothing to do with it

There is already Void influence in the Shadowlands, because it is stated that several realms of the Shadowlands, such as Bastion, were invaded by the Void armies in the past. In Bastion, the Void attempted to wipe out all kyrians and was stopped only barely. The Void has the means to destroy everyone in the Shadowlands if it wanted to, but it is not focused only on the Shadowlands front.

The Light also has a lot of influence in the Shadowlands, as the Naaru and their armies were able to incinerate a large portion of Revendreth

Truly, the Eternal Ones, Jailer included, should be thankful that the Void and Light are not focusing all their efforts on the Shadowlands, otherwise they would all be wiped out. The Void and Light made the Arbiter so salty and desperate that she is willing to give eternal salvation to anyone who torture the Naaru or Void creatures.

Regardless it's pretty obvious that the next expansion will be about the Void, the Light, or both, because Blizzard said at Blizzcon that they like that expansion concept and is a natural direction forward. I suspect that Turalyon and Alleria, who now rule Stormwind in Anduin's absence and are infused with these cosmic powers, will play a pivotal role in that expansion.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-10-05 at 09:02 AM.

I feel it's a bit of a reach to assume a particular reference to future content

AotC wolf was more tied to the fact that we were raiding Orgrimmar.
    Moose is about the only one fits the criteria
    Glitter bird was actually mana based and tied to the Kirin Tor. You can definitely tie Arcane + Titan, but Titan blood/Azerite is more of a reach.
    Void Dragon is more attached to Nzoth.

Store mounts are somewhat going the direction you've noted, but it's still a bit of a mix. Vulpine and Sylverian dreamer are definitely themed from Ardenweald, both mounts being released long before Shadowlands announcement. And the manasaber was released before Legion's announcement. We have the new incinerator released, but I feel it's closer to Mechagon-based than any sort of hint of post-SL expansion. I'd take a closer look to any store mounts announced during SL than end of xpac mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    Moose is about the only one fits the criteria
    If memory serves, when the moose was initially datamined it had every hallmark of being a store mount. Level 20, BoA flag, etc.

I get the feeling they weren't going to have a mount for WoD at all until they realized how much they needed to win back the good graces of the players.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    Evening all as we have seen there has been a thread from the mount dropped by the end of expansion boss to the content/theme of the next expansion.

Wolf from Garosh (iron horde next expansion)
    Moose from Archimond (val’sharah inspired mount)
    Glitter Bird from Argus (‘titan blood’ inspired bird)

Which brings me to the current expansions Ahead of the Curve mount:
    Void Dragon from N’zoth

I have been looking at beta data mining etc and just got access to Beta last week....but I am unable to make a connection between this mount and any relationship to the expansion.

Does anybody think there will be a void influence in Shadowlands outside of the very loose “Nathrezim” story being hinted at and the journal we find they aren’t really void they are everywhere so void still has nothing to do with it
    The Void Dragon ties into N'zoth; not Sl.
    The tie-in to SL mount is the blue fox and the blue dragon, both are from Ardenweald. Yeah sure, they are both from the store but still introduced before we even knew about SL. Kinda like the fairy dragon was a tie-in to WoD. Or the Aspect Soul dragon thing was a tie-in to MoP.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, this time I don't know - both the void dragon and the allseer are pretty Old God-y, and we just had the Void/Old Gods as a heavy influence in this expansion. I feel like there might be a while more until they come back around as the focus. Though maybe now that all the Old Gods are dealt with we'll get a brand new manifestation of the Void to take shape as the big face of that particular cosmic power, like the Void Lords themselves showing up.

Speaking of mounts though, I'd love a faceless one mount in the vein of the infernal-style mounts at some point.