Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Haitch62 View Post
    Okay, and the link to TOS for that being a bannable offense please?
    anything is a bannable offense according to the TOS. you can be banned for any reason or no reason.

Reality is this kind of thing is only a bannable offense if you get reported, and they probably just get a lot of reports every time they do something like this, since it seems to be the reason their guild exists and the server has started to take notice and organized reporting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    That's 99% not the reason these jerks were banned. No one is banned for something like raiding stormwind. I mean a guild who's main purpose is trying to fuck with others will get in trouble quite fast. Especially on a rp server.
    I'm willing to bet they were banned for some entirely different reason anyway, they've done a lot of shit to get in trouble with and blame it on this to garner sympathy (from MMO-Champion users lmao).

though even if it weren't true, camping stormwind for 2 hours and being visually obstructive would be a problem on RP servers too

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    I'm willing to bet they were banned for some entirely different reason anyway, they've done a lot of shit to get in trouble with and blame it on this to garner sympathy (from MMO-Champion users lmao).
    Have they? Any evidence to back up such a claim?

7+ Year Old Account
    I'll ignore the condescending tone of your message and simply state the following:

I've RPed in Stormwind on AD Alliance for a number of years. Never seen anyone do RP in the throne room or the portal room or in the Trade District by the auction house :')
    So that's not disruptive to Stormwind RP in the slightest.

Your ToS link.

Player is disrupting RP activities - Nope. No RP happens in the zones they were performing legal wPvP in
    Unable to complete quests because another player is following me around attacking mobs - Nope, no quests there
    Keep getting mail from another player and it is preventing me from completing a character service - Not applicable
    Player keeps opening a trade with me and canceling it - Also not applicable.

So which one are you claiming was broken?
    So you are saying no one Rps in stormwind? funny... funny... cause you know the video ONLY shows the keep and portal room and trade district... but as op themselves said, they were there for TWO HOURS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    anything is a bannable offense according to the TOS. you can be banned for any reason or no reason.

Reality is this kind of thing is only a bannable offense if you get reported, and they probably just get a lot of reports every time they do something like this, since it seems to be the reason their guild exists and the server has started to take notice and organized reporting them.
    thing is the banning didnt happen then and there which would imply "automated reporting" it happened the next day, which means it was an actual blizzard investigation, if it was automated it would have happened ON THE SPOT.

- - - Updated - - -

i mean many people from the server have spoken about their stuff, im sure some of them can grab some forum posts for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

[QUOTE=FelPlague;52700559]So you are saying no one Rps in stormwind? funny... funny... cause you know the video ONLY shows the keep and portal room and trade district... but as op themselves said, they were there for TWO HOURS.

I'm going to make the assumption you didn't read what I put. I mentioned 3 places that aren't used in roleplay. Never did I state people don't RP in Stormwind.

If you would read all the message, you will see that you didn't answer my question.

Which one are you claiming was broken?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    So you are saying no one Rps in stormwind? funny... funny... cause you know the video ONLY shows the keep and portal room and trade district... but as op themselves said, they were there for TWO HOURS.

i mean many people from the server have spoken about their stuff, im sure some of them can grab some forum posts for you.
    Yes please. Forum posts with evidence contained within them would be much appreciated.

And I never said noone RPs in Stormwind. I specified 3 small areas which aren't used for RP. Not all of Stormwind.
    I'll assume you didn't actually read the whole reply I did, since you left a question unanswered.

Which one are you claiming was broken?

thing is the banning didnt happen then and there which would imply "automated reporting" it happened the next day, which means it was an actual blizzard investigation, if it was automated it would have happened ON THE SPOT.
    Ofc a human banned them. But a human is more likely to ban you if he sees your name come by every other week.

Even if you don't break any rules, if you keep getting mass reported, at some point it just becomes easier for blizz to deal with you instead of the reports.

Idk if you know.
    but in stormwind
    you see everyone, warmode on, and warmode off.
    They have NOT opted in, yet they are still being disrupted.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait so as long as your rping you can break the rules? aww shit genius!
    I don't know how you have the patience to put up with these people who have never rolled a rp server before.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ofc a human banned them. But a human is more likely to ban you if he sees your name come by every other week.

Even if you don't break any rules, if you keep getting mass reported, at some point it just becomes easier for blizz to deal with you instead of the reports.
    i mean you say that but

1. players cant see if you were banned or not
    2. its just a 3 day ban, if its really so bad they will just start getting more reports after 3 days
    3. blizz is not just gunna cave and report people for no reason cause "We are done geting reports about them" there is automated report bans, but those are temporary to get rid of issues till they can be dealt with, but those are limited people systems, while a ban like this is an actual punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    You are on a RP server in a game called world of WARcraft, in the latest expansion that promoted the faction war.

We are not "mindless idiots", but a well-organized RP WPvP guild. If you want to participate you have to be amale forsaken and wear the official transmog during our events. And of course your name must be Abomination (with all the sepcial accents, Umlaute etc.)

Even "your boi" Asmon likes us. We won one of his transmog competitions.

Oh well if Asmongold likes you, you're infallible! Don't camp the auction house next time, and take the ban respectfully because you were in the wrong.

yeah but i cba digging for some old threads with hundred posts that may or may not have been deleted (due to forum rules not permitting naming&shaming etc) for some user with 6 posts

hence why i'm willing to bet, as they've done it before and get called out on it, they might be doing it again

and even if i'm wrong, they still did break the rules so it doesn't matter, they were justly banned lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andonais View Post
    I don't know how you have the patience to put up with these people who have never rolled a rp server before.
    mostly not but it helps me have a laugh and realize things aint all that bad for me while i script write/camp cinderfall.\
    while its super frustrating, its quite funny how little some people know

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    Oh well if Asmongold likes you, you're infallible! Don't camp the auction house next time, and take the ban respectfully because you were in the wrong.
    Asmongold likes me and has reacted to like... 8 of my videos now i think, does that mean i am the superior person here?
    Cause thats what we are doing right? asmongold likes one of my videos so i have to be right?

"Vague TOS dont specifically state what we did is wrong, how did we possibly get a ban from that"

Hmm....really activates the old almonds.

blizz makes corpse camping and win trading possible too, yet you can get into trouble for those too.

and sure, in an ideal world blizz puts some in-game system in place to fix this stuff, but in reality this sort of situation is an outlier, an anomaly, so it's simply more cost effective to have GMs fix it. Now i'd rather GMs just teleport them out of the city when it starts to get out of hand instead of banning them after the fact, but it is what it is.
    So how much time is it acceptable to raid Stormwind for then? How can they actively encourage it and then say it is too much. What exact amount of time goes from 'go for it' to 'we are going to penalise you for doing this?'?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Everything can be seen as disruptive gameplay by its extremely vague definition. And as you said, Blizzard is the one who decides and not you.
    And not you either though. And yet here we all are discussing it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MatPandaZ View Post
    So how much time is it acceptable to raid Stormwind for then? How can they actively encourage it and then say it is too much. What exact amount of time goes from 'go for it' to 'we are going to penalise you for doing this?'?
    how long can you corpse camp before your banned?

How many times were you able to use the exp pot glitch before you got banned?

Its on a case by case basis, its depenedent on how much you did it, how you did it, and what Gm you get.
    so its best to just not do it.

as example above, for the bug where you could stack the EXP pots, there was no "if you did it X times you wont get banned" but many people who only used it a couple times didnt get banned. (Me included to test it, i got 3 stacks of it and used it, didnt get banned)

how fast over the speed limit do you have to go before a cop gives you a speeding ticket instead of just a warning?
    How expensive does something need to be that you "acidentally" broke before the store will force you to pay for it?

It varies based on how/why/when/who.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-10-05 at 10:31 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Player is disrupting RP activities - Nope. No RP happens in the zones they were performing legal wPvP in
    What is with these brand new account coming out of nowhere to offer a weird defense of the op and their guild. You honestly expect anyone to believe that zero role play happens in Stormwind or Elwynn Forest?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

i mean you say that but

1. players cant see if you were banned or not
    2. its just a 3 day ban, if its really so bad they will just start getting more reports after 3 days
    3. blizz is not just gunna cave and report people for no reason cause "We are done geting reports about them" there is automated report bans, but those are temporary to get rid of issues till they can be dealt with, but those are limited people systems, while a ban like this is an actual punishment.
    1. sure they can, just /who the guild and if they suddenly all aren't online anymore you know your reporting did something. (or in this case, just watch them talk about it openly.)
    2-3. yeah exactly. forced name changes before, 3 day ban now, already moved guild to another server, seems to be getting to the point where it's starting to add up and blizzard is changing policy from "it's just some annoyed people reporting isolated incidents" to "okay these people have been annoyed for so long, we gotto do something even if every individual thing these guys do isn't against the rules". if they get a 7-14 day ban next month orso, blizz is clearly sending them a message.

WTF why were there bans? LOL

7+ Year Old Account
    1. sure they can, just /who the guild and if they suddenly all aren't online anymore you know your reporting did something. (or in this case, just watch them talk about it openly.)
    2-3. yeah exactly. forced name changes before, 3 day ban now, already moved guild to another server, seems to be getting to the point where it's starting to add up and blizzard is changing policy from "it's just some annoyed people reporting isolated incidents" to "okay these people have been annoyed for so long, we gotto do something even if every individual thing these guys do isn't against the rules". if they get a 7-14 day ban next month orso, blizz is clearly sending them a message.
    1. as said by OP not all of them got banned and also they are only banned for 3 days... that is not really noticable... its pretty common for players to not log on for 3 days...
    2. what does forced name change have to do with disrupting gameplay? also no, blizzard is not going to just randomly punish people cause "Players keep reporting them"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    WTF why were there bans? LOL
    cause they disrupted gameplay for 2 hours.