Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    He did not even had 30ppl in raid and went for enemy city... since when it is 'overloading' of a zone...?
    I guess it is these days because of Blizzard's incompetence. You can't be in combat with more than 30 players without experiencing major lag because of all their scaling mechanics, procs etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    you know if you wanna self advertise there is a thread for that...
    your not allowed to make threads just to self advertise.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait... are you trying to tell me that now on retail PvP server you literally just can't raid city of opposite fraction?
    RP realms have different rules.

RP-breaking names
    purposefully disrupting RP
    Trolling RPers
    Etc.
    there is many more reasons to be banned on RP realms then normal realms.

also this isnt just Retail... classic too.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The question is... why would GM ask you to do that?
    It is PvP server and you should be able to literally have an enemy city in your hands as long as you want.
    theres a difference between world pvp and corpse camping for 5 hours straight

7+ Year Old Account
    It is even 'better' since these people have chosen to put warmode ON or whatever this shit on retail is called.
    Stormwind and orgrimmar dont have WPVP on or off, everyone can see everyone, thats how those 2 zones work specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I guess it is these days because of Blizzard's incompetence. You can't be in combat with more than 30 players without experiencing major lag because of all their scaling mechanics, procs etc.
    I agree but would not say it is palyers fault.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    you know if you wanna self advertise there is a thread for that...
    your not allowed to make threads just to self advertise.
    I think you are partially right but i'd say it is middle ground and can be seen it in two different ways:
    1. Self advertisement.
    2. Showing how stupid an incopetent Blizzard currently is with server stability, automatic bans and what is against ToS.

Right i get everybody loves to jump on the bandwagon and hate but this is 1 side of the story and i doubt this is the whole story.

7+ Year Old Account
    >play retail
    >have warmode on
    >get killed in PvP combat
    >write a ticket/mass report to get players banned for engaging in PvP even though you consented by enabling warmode
    >people get banned for engaging in non-scripted gameplay
    >wonder why no one wants to play WoW anymore

This is the absolute state of WoW.
    This happens on retail and classic, cause this is an RP realm
    Dont need warmode on to see this in orgrimar and stormwind as they are "Warmode cross zones" players wardmode or not can interact.
    Mass report players for disrupting RP on an RP realm, an actual offense.

You wanna fuck around with people dont do it on RP realms, as on those realms its actually bannable.

Who cares about ToS? People feel griefed so they complain and Blizzard punishes the people that made the game unplayable for these people. They don't want people to have a bad gameplay experience like that because it leads to people quitting the game.
    When being that company, so maybe, just maybe

- Do not offer/support such things in your product ?
    - Do not write a TOS that is against the possibilities of your own product ?
    - Do not blame your loayal customers for your own faults ?

???????

7+ Year Old Account
    I agree but would not say it is palyers fault.

I think you are partially right but i'd say it is middle ground and can be seen it in two different ways:
    1. Self advertisement.
    2. Showing how stupid an incopetent Blizzard currently is with server stability, automatic bans and what is against ToS.
    2. what? what does this have to do with server stability.

and yes, its against the ToS.
    There is a seperate ToS for rp servers.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait... how can you be flagged as PvP target in your main city with WM OFF? That does not make any sense...
    I did not play retail since this new system was introduced but in earlier WoW times you become 'untouchable' after 5min (or 10min, not sure) being in the your fraction area or sanctuary even on PvP server.
    Yes it does, Stormwind and orgirmmar has special rules as they are the centrals for turning on and offwartmode.

But btw if they did this exact same thing but on classic on an Rp realm they would also be banned, its special rules for RP realms.

Quote Originally Posted by Alatie View Post
    Right i get everybody loves to jump on the bandwagon and hate but this is 1 side of the story and i doubt this is the whole story.

yep, this is the ONLY thing really matters here. IF this side of the story is just all and it is true, then this is an absolute joke and i would pay a fukin company like Blizz not 1 cent anymore, for makin customers responsive for their own falults (shit game design / product quality).

if you do not wanna ppl raid sw or kill the AH for other players, do not fukin create a product that allows them to do so.

as you said, IF this is the complete truth.

to me, a company acting like this, is so unbelievable, that it just cant be true. but at this company in 2020 all is possible.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I was ingame when this happened, actually just got off work. They were camping Trade District, specifically the AH.

I started a walkup RP with a Dwarf in the Dwarven District and we Roleplayed making a weapon for nearly 2 hours and these idiots were still there.

So yes, camping the AH For 2 hours, which by the way, effects people with WM OFF because its in SW is disruptive as heck.
    Also because its an Rp realm fucking around in the major city disrupting RPers is disruptive gameplay, so them doing this is again the special RP server gamerules.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    yep, this is the ONLY thing to mention here. IF this side of the story is just all and it is true, then this is an absolute joke and i would pay a fukin company like Blizz not 1 cent anymore, for makin customers responsive for their own falults (shit game design / product quality).

if you do not wanna ppl raid sw or kill the AH for other players, do not fukin create a product that allows them to do so.
    I mean as he says it i have no doubt hes telling the truth.

Because it is a 100% legit ban as he describes it.

His guild camps Stormwind for 1-2 hours, an RP main hub, killing npcs and players all over.
    On RP realms doing such is disruptive gameplay as it ruins Rpers experiance.
    And so it is a bannable offense, RP realms have extra rules over other servers.

For example names that are fine on other servers are force name change-able on Rp realms.

- - - Updated - - -

...By engaging in PvP in a city raid (something which has always existed in the game).
    On an Rp realm, this would get you banned on live and on classic, it disrupts RPers, do this on any other realm and your fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krothar View Post
    I'd assume the ban might be down to the report system being abused. The Abominations have been blamed for ruining RP events in the past and people on the server like to hold a grudge.

Before anyone comes at me, I've never really run into the Abominations or the guild so I can't comment on that personally, but I do know a lot of people on the server would use this as a reason to mass report them.
    No, its not the report system being abused, its the report system working as intended, as trolling/ruining rp is a bannable offense on Rp realms.

Its all fun and games until you disrupts other people's gameplay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    You are on a RP server in a game called world of WARcraft, in the latest expansion that promoted the faction war.

We are not "mindless idiots", but a well-organized RP WPvP guild. If you want to participate you have to be amale forsaken and wear the official transmog during our events. And of course your name must be Abomination (with all the sepcial accents, Umlaute etc.)

Even "your boi" Asmon likes us. We won one of his transmog competitions.

Dont disrupt Rp, its literally in your servers ToS.
    you know what you did is against the rules, stop trying to pretend you dont know that disrupting Rp is a bannable offense on Rp realms.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    Asmongold approved the concept of the guild and the transmogs. Think of him what you will, but he is a big WoW streamer.

We love transmogging so much, we even have our own transmog competitions.
    man i know you wanna try to be a youtuber but making entire threads to self advertise is just sad as fuck.

RP realms have different rules.

RP-breaking names
    purposefully disrupting RP
    Trolling RPers
    Etc.
    there is many more reasons to be banned on RP realms then normal realms.
    He has clearly stated that it is RP-PvP server and the specific ban reason...

also this isnt just Retail... classic too.
    Yeah...?
    I am on PvP server and were for hours/days in enemy city killing everything... never been warned or banned for that.
    Check videos from Flamelash-EU for example.

Stormwind and orgrimmar dont have WPVP on or off, everyone can see everyone, thats how those 2 zones work specifically.
    Explain why can't they just change NPCs to be unkillable then?

7+ Year Old Account
    So let me get this straight. When we had large scale RP-PvP plots on our RP-PvP server back during MoP pre-patch where we were fighting Horde in Theramore for 3+ hours you think the Horde players should have been banned for this because they were potentially disrupting the questing experience as they were sieging the questing hub?

Do you realize how ridiculous this sounds? You want to completely disallow one of the few remaining unscripted gameplay experiences this game has to offer because it mildly inconveniences a few players for a limited amount of time?

This is just deranged.
    Theramore is not an RP hub, Stormwind/orgrimmar are.

- - - Updated - - -

He has clearly stated that it is RP-PvP server and the specific ban reason...

Yeah...?
    I am on PvP server and were for hours/days in enemy city killing everything... never been warned or banned for that.
    Check videos from Flamelash-EU for example.

Explain why can't they just change NPCs to be unkillable then?
    RP-PVP servers do not exist anymore, they have been gone for what, 2 years now?
    Even when RP-PVP servers existed, you could still be banned for disrupting RP.

PVP, funny, not RP servers.

Because you change Npc's to be unkillable that punished people NOT on RP realms.

This is just fake news. There are other auction houses in the game and you literally can't get corpse camped in Stormwind if you don't actively decide to engage in PvP.
    That isn't really helpful for new low-level players who don't know about the tram and have no way to get to Darnassas/Exodar.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

I play Alliance and even I think that video was awesome AF.
    There's got to be more to the ban than that. We raid Org all the damn time in the middle of Terran Empire guild meetings, and no one cares.

15+ Year Old Account
    zero percent upset. let the greasy RP nerds RP i suppose

Also because its an Rp realm fucking around in the major city disrupting RPers is disruptive gameplay, so them doing this is again the special RP server gamerules.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean as he says it i have no doubt hes telling the truth.

Because it is a 100% legit ban as he describes it.

His guild camps Stormwind for 1-2 hours, an RP main hub, killing npcs and players all over.
    On RP realms doing such is disruptive gameplay as it ruins Rpers experiance.
    And so it is a bannable offense, RP realms have extra rules over other servers.

For example names that are fine on other servers are force name change-able on Rp realms.

- - - Updated - - -

On an Rp realm, this would get you banned on live and on classic, it disrupts RPers, do this on any other realm and your fine.

- - - Updated - - -

No, its not the report system being abused, its the report system working as intended, as trolling/ruining rp is a bannable offense on Rp realms.
    can you post that specific part of TOS, that specifically states this for RP servers ?

i was on an RP PVP realm 2011-2013, but can not remember ever heard about this. this does not mean, it is not true. so i am just curious.

can you post that part of TOS ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    I play Alliance and even I think that video was awesome AF.
    There's got to be more to the ban than that. We raid Org all the damn time in the middle of Terran Empire guild meetings, and no one cares.
    They got banned cause its an Rp realm and stormwind is an RP hub, and messing with Rpers there for 2 hours is Rp disruption, against the rules of Rp servers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    can you post that specific part of TOS, that specifically states this for RP servers ?
    Sadly the old Customer service forums are gone which had tons of ToS stuff but here is the quote from it.

But yes rp realms have tons of extra rules.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-10-05 at 04:13 PM.