Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

Yeah, this doesn't really support your argument. They weren't intentionally disrupting roleplaying events. They were playing the game in a way that is promoted and supported by Blizzard (you get an achievement for killing faction leaders after all). If you think a guild killing NPCs in Stormwind is "disrupting roleplaying events" then so is everyone running around on an obnoxious mount while roleplayers are nearby. You cannot sensibly draw the line here based on the feelings of some roleplayers. You're not making any sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Do you not remember visiting the auction house at low levels to get better gear? I definitely did.

Also, "desparately" doesn't factor in. You either want to access it or you don't. If you want to and can't, then that's a problem -- end of story.
    Yeah, I do. Back in classic when it actually had benefits for your leveling. Nowadays you simply don't need to so it's a really dumb point.

Small off-topic... just to say that Ythisens was such good CM with amazing connection to community...
    That is probably one of his last responses on reddit as Blizzard employee...

Lollis
    It's good you've spoken about them, but this doesn't show they actually break any rules? Its not against ToS to camp the Mage Tower, as its accessible to the opposing faction. (Blizzards own development). I also saw this quoted "We would not find actions, such as taking over a flight point or quest hub, to be actionable offenses. Players have the option of disabling War Mode or organizing a counter attack with their own faction to retake the area."
    So then again, as much as it's annoying to have the mage tower taken over, don't see anything wrong with what they're doing lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxieChan View Post
    "Disrupting roleplaying events through the use of verbal, physical, or visual harrassment".
    But how does this rule work when a player enlists themselves into PvP whilst Roleplaying? I think that is the unanswered question and this major grey area thats been missed by blizzard. Personally, as I said before, PvP imo would overwrite the rule as you're committing yourself ready to attack/or be attacked by a member of the opposing faction. As long as they kill you and move on and aren't getting involved in the 'RP' you were in before you died because you flagged yourself. That's your own fault + Don't see it as a break of this hidden rule?
    "How does this work when a player enlists themselves into pvp"

they didnt, stormwind is not PVP locked, if you go to stormwind you will see people who are both warmode on and warmode off, and if you run around them killing everything it ruins their rp experiance, cause they little tavern talk with all their friends turns into them sitting on a table while a raid fights ontop of them.

PVP does not overwrite the rule, because you are on an RP realm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Felplague. (Annoying I can't reply with quotes xD)
    Warmode on or Warmode off, what does it matter? If you're enlisted to PvP (Which you will have to be to be entitled to die by them) then that would surely overall your priority to RP, until you switch it off. Sure you can be RPing with it on, but if you're attacked. That's on you?

"PVP does not overwrite the rule, because you are on an RP realm." Then why is PvP enabled and "For the Alliance/Horde" achievements exist on RP Realms? so many questions lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Felplague. (Annoying I can't reply with quotes xD)
    Warmode on or Warmode off, what does it matter? If you're enlisted to PvP (Which you will have to be to be entitled to die by them) then that would surely overall your priority to RP, until you switch it off. Sure you can be RPing with it on, but if you're attacked. That's on you?

"PVP does not overwrite the rule, because you are on an RP realm." Then why is PvP enabled and "For the Alliance/Horde" achievements exist on RP Realms? so many questions lol
    Again, getting killed is not the only way to disrupt RP.

As i said earlier, you can get an entire raid group run to an event and spam in chat and use all the toys you can, you will still get banned even though you never attacked them.

disrupting RP is by acting against RP in RP hubs with the intent to disrupt, which spending 2 hours in the city killing people does.

You could be banned for disrupting RP, literally being on the same faction. because disrupting Rp is not a "pvp only" thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lollis
    It's good you've spoken about them, but this doesn't show they actually break any rules? Its not against ToS to camp the Mage Tower, as its accessible to the opposing faction. (Blizzards own development). I also saw this quoted "We would not find actions, such as taking over a flight point or quest hub, to be actionable offenses. Players have the option of disabling War Mode or organizing a counter attack with their own faction to retake the area."
    So then again, as much as it's annoying to have the mage tower taken over, don't see anything wrong with what they're doing lol
    The only rule they are really breaking is the naming one; although 'Abomination' on its own isn't really against the tos, using symbol variations to name multiple toons the same thing is clearly meant as a non-rp naming process.

The Scarlet Scourge are known shitters. Each and every time the Alliance fights back, these amazing pvpers use their Stoneard portals to escape and usually leave until another day.
    Speciation Is Gradual

"How does this work when a player enlists themselves into pvp"

they didnt, stormwind is not PVP locked, if you go to stormwind you will see people who are both warmode on and warmode off, and if you run around them killing everything it ruins their rp experiance, cause they little tavern talk with all their friends turns into them sitting on a table while a raid fights ontop of them.

PVP does not overwrite the rule, because you are on an RP realm.
    Why have PvP on RP realms if you are not allowed to do PvP?

What you are saying is complete nonsense. Collect a raid group and kill Anduin in SW is not disruptive gameplay, even if they stayed there for 2 hours. Farming npc and quest giver for days straight is something else tho.

Felplague.
    "Again, getting killed is not the only way to disrupt RP." I 100% agree, but by their recent video. They're just world PvPing. Doesn't look like they're lingering around groups of RPers, nor can I actually see any to be honest

Additionally it doesn't look like they're spamming chat, toys, mounts, so it seems pretty innocent to me. So I think this rule needs to be reviewed personally. Because it doesn't mention anything about PvP. And that seems to be all they're doing. PvPing. A feature gifted to each server, RP or not.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post

What you are saying is complete nonsense. Collect a raid group and kill Anduin in SW is not disruptive gameplay, even if they stayed there for 2 hours. Farming npc and quest giver for days straight is something else tho.
    You are allowed to pvp, literally everywhere but RP hubs.

thats like saying "why have pvp if your gunna have sanctuary zones!"

Lollis
    Yeah the name rule on RP servers im aware of!

But Blizzard encourages people to make groups and fight them back. That whys World PvP was implemented after all?

7+ Year Old Account
    Felplague.
    "Again, getting killed is not the only way to disrupt RP." I 100% agree, but by their recent video. They're just world PvPing. Doesn't look like they're lingering around groups of RPers, nor can I actually see any to be honest

Additionally it doesn't look like they're spamming chat, toys, mounts, so it seems pretty innocent to me. So I think this rule needs to be reviewed personally. Because it doesn't mention anything about PvP. And that seems to be all they're doing. PvPing. A feature gifted to each server, RP or not.
    They were there for 2 hours.
    they show only what 3 minutes of footage?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post

Actually doing PvP stuff like killing Anduin or generally going around and fighting in Stormwind is fine. This however isn't what they do.
    The vast majority of the time they sit in the mage tower killing people as they spawn in.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Did you report it?

Also, what class was he multiboxing? Druids?
    It was Death knights, there was no escaping since they could just grip and slow everything.
    I did not report because I assumed he was doing nothing wrong at the time, we know Blizzard's stance on multi-boxing is get all the subscriptions money they can. In regards to the portal camping I had WM off, so I just watched for a bit and moved. If it bothered anyone they have the option of turning off WM or AoE bombing the area.

FelPlague.
    Yeah OG said it was 2 hours, but i don't think time matters personally. If PvP wasn't allowed in RP Cities why is it allowed? And not turned off? Doesn't make much sense. I feel your comments are from an RPer who left their PvP on personally, if i left mine on, I'd feel annoyed too but its my own fault. Quoting back to something earlier,

"We would not find actions, such as taking over a flight point or quest hub, to be actionable offenses. Players have the option of disabling War Mode or organizing a counter attack with their own faction to retake the area." This was from an ex-GM current GM? Idek. But Players are encouraged to form groups and fight back. If they didn't want to, just turn it off. If you're RPing with PvP off, and they're runnign about time to time. Does it really effect you? Not really lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully the ban wasn't because of them camping stormwind, they could have camped it for weeks on end if they wanted to as is their right as there is a pvp solution.

Autoriot. Looking at their videos it doesn't look like multiboxing lol

RP is still the only fun thing in this game
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

If this scenario was on an old RP-PvP server where you couldn't escape PvP, I could see reasons for banning...but it should have been a GM removing them from the area and saying "okay, you had your fun, now go home". Then ban if they go back.

But with Warmode? Makes no sense, turn it off and escape pvp. Must have killed some higher ranking Blizz employee if they handed out bans. Otherwise Blizzard needs to come out with a rule that you can only camp X area / person for this long before moving on.

"Must have killed some higher ranking Blizz employee"

Legit seems like the only logical reasoning Lol