Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    nah as someone on an RP server i guarantee its as they say, they went to stormwind and just killed everything they could and flooded the city for 2 hours, ruining all the players Rp who were there.
    which is more than what they're saying . . .

Video is awesome and that is stuff I expect to see if playing on a pvp server. Hell, I see wpvp raids similar to that on non pvp servers. Makes it fun when it happens.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    which is more than what they're saying . . .
    More then wo are saying?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    I don't get it, I asked for a blizzard response to this 20 times and no one could provide me with anything that showed that pvp on an rp server counts as disruptive gameplay. Do you have any source or one more hobby gamemaster that judges what disruptive gameplay is?

again, so maybe you will read it this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

So during the Wrath event the majority of the playerbase should have been banned.

New generation rules now though.

More then wo are saying?
    he said there's more to the story than what OP is claiming, you said it's exactly as it were even though it's already more in your own comment, and on top of that they're in general doing much more anyway than just 'lol we just rp pvpd xd'

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    So during the Wrath event the majority of the playerbase should have been banned.

New generation rules now though.
    Yes. You are correct.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    i mean that was blizzard sanctioned. a short time event.
    literally 5 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    he said there's more to the story than what OP is claiming, you said it's exactly as it were even though it's already more in your own comment, and on top of that they're in general doing much more anyway than just 'lol we just rp pvpd xd'
    How do you know btw?

More then wo are saying?

- - - Updated - - -

again, so maybe you will read it this time.
    Did those guys have not rp server conform names?

Quote Originally Posted by FoxieChan View Post
    How do you know btw?
    I'm on AD, have been to rp-pvp campaigns that they've showed up at and griefed, hearsay from other people who've been griefed by them, most of their drama is also aired on the forums where they get constantly exposed for doing shitty stuff eg doxxing/other types of harassment and also being terrible at PvP, where people (against their will) have to beat them out of the zones just so they could RP in peace.

AD still has a community left, surprise surprise, word gets around for who is a griefer and who isn't.

@Clozer

The Abomination names with horrible accents kind of don't conform but that's not really the problem here. In the blue post above Ythisen's, the important bit is disrupt roleplaying events through the use of verbal, physical, or visual harassment.

7+ Year Old Account

sorry didnt realize you would need me to make it so obvious to you.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it, I asked for a blizzard response to this 20 times and no one could provide me with anything that showed that pvp on an rp server counts as disruptive gameplay. Do you have any source or one more hobby gamemaster that judges what disruptive gameplay is?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Behavior that intentionally detracts from others' enjoyment (such as griefing, throwing, feeding, etc.) is unacceptable. We expect our players to treat each other with respect and promote an enjoyable environment. Acceptable behavior is determined by player reports and Blizzard's decision, and violating these guidelines will result in account and gameplay restrictions.
    No one has claimed that PvP on a role-playing server is automatically disruptive game play. On RP realms Blizzard have historically taken action against those who intentionally disrupt RP events. That doesn't mean all PvP but a 2 hour control of areas in two zones is disruptive by the standards of most normal people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelwing View Post
    Video is awesome and that is stuff I expect to see if playing on a pvp server. Hell, I see wpvp raids similar to that on non pvp servers. Makes it fun when it happens.
    There are no PvP servers. There are only Normal and RP servers.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Behavior that intentionally detracts from others' enjoyment (such as griefing, throwing, feeding, etc.) is unacceptable. We expect our players to treat each other with respect and promote an enjoyable environment. Acceptable behavior is determined by player reports and Blizzard's decision, and violating these guidelines will result in account and gameplay restrictions.
    No one has claimed that PvP on a role-playing server is automatically disruptive game play. On RP realms Blizzard have historically taken action against those who intentionally disrupt RP events. That doesn't mean all PvP but a 2 hour control of areas in two zones is disruptive by the standards of most normal people.
    So YOU YOU YOU are saying that it is disruptive gameplay. Blizzard is just saying that disruptive gameplay is not allowed. Please this is nonsense. I hoped for something like "Yes, killing people in Goldshire or going for Anduin in Stormwind is not allowed on RP Servers, because it falls under disruptive gameplay" or something in that regard. Not you saying that this is disruptive gameplay and post the blue post saying that disruptive gameplay is bannable. ..............

After reading all those pages I want to share how I see it too.

First I don't feel sorry for those banned and whole thing starrted with misleading post. Some very wise Polish priest-philosopher said long time ago “There is the truth, the whole truth and the s..t truth”. In case of the thread maker it's the latest one.

Just “by accident” you forgot to mention few crucial informations and just tried to make more flame and you pretended that you and your guildies are innocent. Just by “skipping” few informations you proved ban is deserved. You knew what you did wrong and you tried to hide it and play victim. Even later in this thread you tried to lie about how long you were disrupting. Can you add how many times you were warned before? Doesn't matter if it was during this “event” or previous. Do you think all those warnings were just jokes?

Killing NPC in SW for 2 hours isn't raiding capitol city and killing king. It is griefing on RP servers, it disturbs RP experience and you knew it. Not first timer. You are doing it on wrong server for wrong reasons because you wan't to promote yourself and your guild. You can do it, that's your right. But same time other have rights and you are now paying price for breaking rules you know. Even if you don't know those rules in most civilized countries it won't protect you from consequences. But you are fully aware of those rules. There are actions and there are consequences.

Three days ban (you forgot to mention how long bans are too) for some of you are just first serious warnings. There is no need to make dramas and play innocent princesses. You aren't innocent and punishment isn't as severe as you wrote at the begining. Learn the lesson. You either respect rules or if those rules on RP server aren't your kind of fun in WoW then move to non RP server. Or for example go play EVE online. When I was playing there rules were few and very limited. Not sure how it is now but even if they got more civilized it will be wild wild west.. ekhm space anyway.

To those who are writing Rpers are going too far. They aren't. They play on very specific servers to get immersed more into fantasy lore. I'm not a RPer so I don't enjoy that kind of game so I'm not playing on RP server. I respect mine way to enjoy game and I respect their. I don't ruin their experience and I'm not forced to follow stricter rules because I'm on normal server. It's very simple. Just because I don't play WoW their way it doesn't means their rights to play WoW in their specific way is wrong or bad. It isn't because they have special places to do it. It's just something different. And I wish them all the fun they can have by doing it.
    Last edited by Trumir; 2020-10-05 at 09:37 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    So YOU YOU YOU are saying that it is disruptive gameplay. Blizzard is just saying that disruptive gameplay is not allowed. Please this is nonsense. I hoped for something like "Yes, killing people in Goldshire or going for Anduin in Stormwind is not allowed on RP Servers, because it falls under disruptive gameplay" or something in that regard. Not you saying that this is disruptive gameplay and post the blue post saying that disruptive gameplay is bannable. ..............
    I am saying it can be. Why are you only reading what you want and then ranting about something never said. What you keep saying you are hoping for is not what anyone has said is not allowed on RP servers.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Stop being so obtuse, there have been other precedents in place for such measures to be taken, e.g. on NORMAL realms people camping AH/NPCs for a long time (say, 2 hours) getting banned. It's exacerbated by RP realm rules where it's more nuanced when you take everything into account (people RPing, time taken, toys used etc. and so on) that usually GMs review those instances on case by case basis.

Disruptive gameplay is defined by whichever GM reviews these reports and sees it fit to ban the players in question. The GM thus deemed Abominations griefers and banned them. ezpz

I am saying it can be. Why are you only reading what you want and then ranting about something never said. What you keep saying you are hoping for is not what anyone has said is not allowed on RP servers.
    Everything can be seen as disruptive gameplay by its extremely vague definition. And as you said, Blizzard is the one who decides and not you.

Btw it was said multiple times in this thread raiding SW is not allowed on rp servers..

- - - Updated - - -

There are no PvP servers. There are only Normal and RP servers.
    NGL I hardly see how this is disruptive at all. Especially considering warmode is a thing now. A couple hours is nothing, even on an RP server. These use to last for literal days. Not saying that makes this okay but if you are rping yourself as invading a city, especially on a warmoded shard, a couple of hours is a pretty mild amount of time to be doing this.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah idk why hes saying "A guy running around yelling dick outside goldshire" and "a large raid group farming stormwind for 2 hours" are the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

nah as someone on an RP server i guarantee its as they say, they went to stormwind and just killed everything they could and flooded the city for 2 hours, ruining all the players Rp who were there.
    sucks. its part of the game. that isnt a valid reason to ban someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Didn't watch the video. Not sure why you're fishing for clicks here.

Also you probably deserved the ban.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.