Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Disrupting RP acitivities doesn't apply here also.
    That rule is for idiots that sit on their Kodo mounts and block vision with the intend to disrupt the activity out of spite, just like how people sit on mounts near khadgar and shit like that.
    I think its quite funny, ...

People do something, get punished for "Violating Rule X", and then you argue that Rule X is meant for something Different.
    I mean, the ones who would actually know what falls under what rule, would be the ones who enforce said rules. Sure there might be some errors in Judgement here and there, but thats another Topic.

But on your Example, if the rule for Disrupting RP Activities would be that black and white, it would just state: "You are not allowed to sit with your fat ass mount on other People/Activities"

Rules are made broader to include many things. If you would make a rule for every single incident that could occur, your would need quite a large RuleBook.
    Point here is:
    There are Rules against disruptive Gameplay, be it disrupting RP, or even normal GamePlay, however they are worded, their basic focus is:
    Protecting players from Disruptive Gameplay, whatever this is, can and probably will be judged by a Case per Case basis. Even if you say: "This is just PVP, this is Perfectly Fine". There was and will always be a very fine line between: "PVP" and "Griefing".

Anyhow:
    With the way this "PVP Guild" was described by other players, I would think they step over that line quite often, and are now Getting the harsher Punishments, after beeing warned quite some other times.
    ------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    I feel the unnecessary need to tell you the "full story".
    Okey, ...

Most of the abominations are normal players and not PvP gods, I had to show them addons like Battleground Targets.
    No one ever said they were PVP Gods, what I´ve read quite the Opposite.

After now one week in the guild and 7 transfered, race changed, and renamed character I can say with a clear conscience that these are normal guys (how normal WoW players can be) whose goal is absolutely not griefing or causing shit. A big topic is levleing alts, low-level BGs, transmogging and farming the gear you need for the uniforms. This means I was fresh on Ravencrest or Argent Dawn and there is no history at all connected to my account.
    This is not related to the Story, at all. Hurray, people do different things in the game.

I signed up for the Saturday evening event, and to be honest I didn't track the time that much. It went on for maybe 2-3 hours max. The first 30 minutes were doing a video shoot in Scarlet Monastery (trampling the guy), then attacking Stormwind and Goldshire, which maybe lasted for 45 minutes. We didn't camp anything or specifically the AH, but there are the most players and auctioneers die to AoE. We alternated between Goldshire, Stromwind gate, Portal room, Dwarven restrict, and retreated once to Stonard to regroup.
    This here is probably the point: Its one thing to raid a City in PVP, stomp everything, kill the King and return.
    But occupying the Main Faction Hub and killing everything in sight for 2-3 Hours is (apparently) not Okey.

Taking the video footage in the throne room (where a typhooning druid was disrupting OUR RP) and on the towers took about an hour or so.
    That remark there discredits your entire Story. You occupied the entire Faction Hub for 2-3 Hours without regards to the other players, and probably ruined some of their evenings. How would you feel if you come home from a Hard day at work, and want to relax for 2-3 Hours before you go to bed, and you log into that shit show?

The next day I was disconnected and couldnt log in anymore because I was banned. First I thought maybe all my transfering, race and name changing triggered an autmated alarm system, but then on Discord players were getting banned as well. Then we all got that ominous email.
    Probably in the Past, and and maybe said evening the RaidLead/GuildLead got contacted by a GM to ask to stop that. And he Ignored it.

Before joing Scarlet Scourge I thought RP meant you have an appropriate name .. like me for example .. and instead of writing "LF tank UR +10" you write "We are looking for a strong warrior whose shield will protect us from the monstrosities that roam the Underrot. Then I learned RP means "sheep", "naked night elves in Goldshire", and "imaginery sexual offers for ingame gold". I couldn't believe it, but then I saw a naked night elf from the guild <Simp army> (or something like it). So this is RP ...
    Also doesnt really matter to the Story. I mean I dont play RP, and even I know to stay clear of the Inofficial E-RP server in my Region. Its Weird, but they keep to themselves on their Server, so to each their own fun, dont hurt no one, afaik.

And that is the full story from my point of view.
    Sounds to me, like you should´ve investigated the Guild just a little bit before joining. I mean if its that Infamous that you get 3day banns after just one Event.

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    City raids are part of the game. There are achievements for it. There are raids based around the idea of attacking a city. It is incentivised with a mount. It's not outside the realm of the RP for orcs to attack Stormwind. Or any other capital. Or the Alliance to attack Horde cities.

What is disruption is doing it repeatedly over multiple days, especially consecutive. One night? That's just a city raid, and is fine.
    There is 1 achievement, that is it there is 0 more. And it is only to kill the enemy faction leaders.
    Running around killing people for 2 hours is not incentivized by a mount. It takes 2 and a half minutes to kill anduin, not 2 hours.

You can't just do things and say "it was rp man" to protect yourself from server rules.

I can't call you the gamer word then say "I was rping as a racist!"
    Cause that's not how things work, you can't camp a city for 2 hours with no one wanting you there then go " it's RP you shoulda fought us back gosh!"

You sound like the kid in school who would steal other kids toys and run off then say " come get your toy back" no fuck you if you wanna play a game with me ask. Don't force me to play with you.

What is disruption is doing it repeatedly over multiple days, especially consecutive. One night? That's just a city raid, and is fine.
    I agree. The example i linked was 7 days in a row - and that was okay with the GM. Cityraids have always been a big thing on RP servers.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    That remark there discredits your entire Story. You occupied the entire Faction Hub for 2-3 Hours without regards to the other players, and probably ruined some of their evenings. How would you feel if you come home from a Hard day at work, and want to relax for 2-3 Hours before you go to bed, and you log into that shit show?
    Not true. One hour in the throne room with one mean typhooning druid and 2-3 spectators. Who was there, you or me?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Cause that's not how things work, you can't camp a city for 2 hours with no one wanting you there then go " it's RP you shoulda fought us back gosh!"
    You absolutely can. I have provided proof. Why do you keep ignoring my posts?

There is 1 achievement, that is it there is 0 more. And it is only to kill the enemy faction leaders.
    Running around killing people for 2 hours is not incentivized by a mount. It takes 2 and a half minutes to kill anduin, not 2 hours.

You can't just do things and say "it was rp man" to protect yourself from server rules.

I can't call you the gamer word then say "I was rping as a racist!"

You sound like the kid in school who would steal other kids toys and run off then say " come get your toy back" no fuck you if you wanna play a game with me ask. Don't force me to play with you.
    If you're comparing racism to city raids you've really lost the plot.

If you're comparing racism to city raids you've really lost the plot.
    I mean your the one who was saying it's fine to do whatever you want even if it's against the rules as long as you say it's RP I used that simply caused it was mentioned earlier. But yeah, present sound too good does it, being able to do whatever you want to whoever you want then just say "you can't ban me I was doing rp!"

- - - Updated - - -

Not true. One hour in the throne room with one mean typhooning druid and 2-3 spectators. Who was there, you or me?
    You said 2 hours in stormwind earlier. Pretty sus.

I mean your the one who was saying it's fine to do whatever you want even if it's against the rules as long as you say it's RP I used that simply caused it was mentioned earlier. But yeah, present sound too good does it, being able to do whatever you want to whoever you want then just say "you can't ban me I was doing rp!"
    Is racism founded in real world history part of Azeroth? No, it is not. It is against the rules of the game, and has serious societal consequences outside of it.

Are city raids within the rules, yes. They are. They are incentivised as part of the game, they're part of the story. Horde vs Alliance is one of the things the Blizzard consistently stick to as a foundation of WoW. Raiding cities occasionally is perfectly fitting with the theme and setting of the game.

To exclude anyone from EVER raiding a city is gamey as hell.

I didn't track time, why would I? But it was NOT 2 hours of non-stop camping, there were other activites like doing video footage. Actually that was the reason behind it. Kill the king, occupy the throne room, make a video .. yes and kill a few alliance, WPvP after all.

Is racism founded in real world history part of Azeroth? No, it is not. It is against the rules of the game, and has serious societal consequences outside of it.

Are city raids within the rules, yes. They are. They are incentivised as part of the game, they're part of the story. Horde vs Alliance is one of the things the Blizzard consistently stick to as a foundation of WoW. Raiding cities occasionally is perfectly fitting with the theme and setting of the game.

To exclude anyone from EVER raiding a city is gamey as hell.
    Yes racism is founded in many locations in Azeroth. So is r*pe, and murder. And theft. And genocide, and enslavement. Guess all those are fine too then right?

Just because it happens in lore does not mean you can use it as an excuse to break the rules and harrass people.

Really you tried to pretend racism doesent exist in Azeroth?

Disrupting rp is against the rules the exact same way being racist is against the rules.

Blizzard has dictated it it had and you should be punished if you do it. End of, stop trying to weasel your way over rules.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't track time, why would I? But it was NOT 2 hours of non-stop camping, there were other activites like doing video footage. Actually that was the reason behind it. Kill the king, occupy the throne room, make a video .. yes and kill a few alliance, WPvP after all.
    Then why did you say the time earlier?

Imagine, there are flipping idiots that want to RP in a game called World of Warcraft but don't want to participate in the "war".

Shouldn't the goal be to "occupy" the city until the defenders rally and take their city back?
    If they don't want to get killed, why don't they leave Stormwind and RP as "refugees".

Are RP-Realms that retarded that they only RP whenever *they* want? Ugh... that's awful.
    If you have to leave your city, your gameplay is being disrupted. You are now barred from certain things.

Yes racism is founded in many locations in Azeroth. So is r*pe, and murder. And theft. And genocide, and enslavement. Guess all those are fine too then right?

Just because it happens in lore does not mean you can use it as an excuse to break the rules and harrass people.

Really you tried to pretend racism doesent exist in Azeroth?

Disrupting rp is against the rules the exact same way being racist is against the rules.

Blizzard has dictated it it had and you should be punished if you do it. End of, stop trying to weasel your way over rules.
    You specifically mentioned racism founded in the real world. With a ton of real world history attached to it. And compared it to city raids. Which are within the rules of the game.

What you're gonna censor the "a" in rape? What about those other words, like murder and genocide, they are fine?

You specifically mentioned racism founded in the real world. With a ton of real world history attached to it. And compared it to city raids. Which are within the rules of the game.
    Except again, they arnt in this any many other circumstances. But keep telling yourself that.
    but hey it's better then the guy who wanted to enslave people and was against slave rights.

Then why did you say the time earlier?
    It was an estimate. Next time I will have a stopclock next to me, just for you ;D

Quote Originally Posted by sunnycutie View Post
    If you have to leave your city, your gameplay is being disrupted. You are now barred from certain things.
    Holy crap.
    This is an MMO. If my favorite inn is occupied by a big guild doing a festival of some sorts and I'm not invited: What do I do?
    Complain to the GMs?

Or do I try to handle the situation by either roleplaying properly and try to get "in" regardless or do I seek a different inn?
    Is this disruptive gameplay?
    If the city has warmode enabled at all times, then it means the city is not a safe place, it's as simple as that.
    I have no fucking clue why and when main-cities became no-go zones for the other faction. No idea why this should be the case for RP servers either.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-10-06 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnycutie View Post
    What you're gonna censor the "a" in rape? What about those other words, like murder and genocide, they are fine?
    People are much more commonly set off by that word, especially since for example on games like wow the word is 100% censored, if you send it your message won't send at all, compared to others which will just censor.

- - - Updated - - -

It was an estimate. Next time I will have a stopclock next to me, just for you ;D
    Or you know... You could look at the time on your footage.
    Oh wait you prob didn't know that.

Except again, they arnt in this any many other circumstances. But keep telling yourself that.
    but hey it's better then the guy who wanted to enslave people and was against slave rights.
    Having earned the Reins of the Black War Bear on an RP server, this is incorrect.

Holy crap.
    This is an MMO. If my favorite inn is occupied by a big guild doing a festival of some sorts and I'm not invited: What do I do?
    Complain to the GMs?

Or do I try to handle the situation by either roleplaying properly and try to get "in" regardless or do I seek a different inn?
    Is this disruptive gameplay?
    Go in do what you need to do and leave. You are perfectly within your right in the games rules to do that.
    But go in there and start doing /yell "cbt or cock n ball torture is a..." And spam toys on everyone and you will be banned. It's literally the rules of to servers, get over yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Having earned the Reins of the Black War Bear on an RP server, this is incorrect.
    Guess what you don't need to spend 2 hours in a major city to get the black bear. Why do you keep making up lies about its requirments. There is ZERO, NONE NOTHING in the achievement section for killing enemies in their major city. The only thing is to go kill the faction leaders. Fly in, kill, leave. Ez.

You still have yet btw to explain what your job is at blizzard that you have more authority then multiple GM's, a CM and the official game rules.

Go in do what you need to do and leave. You are perfectly within your right in the games rules to do that.
    But go in there and start doing /yell "cbt or cock n ball torture is a..." And spam toys on everyone and you will be banned. It's literally the rules of to servers, get over yourself.

And what if I can't do what I wanted to do?
    Because I wanted to hold a festival with my 30 player guild?
    And now there is no room to sit on, people would stand on top of each other?
    Do you expect the whole serverbase and guilds to apply to a calendar or something?

It's no different from a horde guild trying to raid your city and stopping from whatever you were doing. External influence you can't control and have to live with if you play an MMORPG that is themed around faction wars and even - most recently - had a whole expansion focussing around it.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-10-06 at 09:37 AM.