Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    Really? You compare ability cooldown, or raid cooldown, to conduits? It is completely different thing. Conduits are more like talents. Imagine if they introduced in SL that you can change your talents once per X days instead of whenever you are in the city. That what conduits are in SL.
    i would be pretty happy, cause thats how it was in classic to cata.

you had a few talent respecs every so often, but eventually if you respeced too much you just couldnt.

like legit 50g per respec!? 50 fucking gold!?

I miss makin g a choice and sticking with it, saying "i am this" its so lovely in classic to be "i am a DS/RUin destro/demo lock" instead of "I am a warlock, let me go respec for this fight. Oh wait yall downed first boss? ok i will go for this other build"

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laquisha1 View Post
    Imagine saying this one a FREE TO REGISTER forum lmfao, you people are absolute CLOWNS.
    seems like he hit the nail on the head. so upset that you didn't play wrath that you need to make alt accounts to make it even more clear you didn't play wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

you had a few talent respecs every so often, but eventually if you respeced too much you just couldnt.

I miss makin g a choice and sticking with it, saying "i am this" its so lovely in classic to be "i am a DS/RUin destro/demo lock" instead of "I am a warlock, let me go respec for this fight. Oh wait yall downed first boss? ok i will go for this other build"
    ^^ this so much this...
    Back in classic to cata you could technically constantly respec... But this was only true for the extremely rich.
    I was the MT for raiding and the MH for pvp content. This meant I had to respec a ton... This also meant that my guidies pitched in...even with this, I eventually settled on Raiding for T-F and Pvp for SS

At the end of the day, the outcome in Shadowlands is the same. Pick with something to be optimal with.. You can either be the best at that constantly or you can do a rotation to be optimal at each during different blocks...

Honestly the content is easy enough that you down it without being perfectly optimal(As a prot pally and an ice mage... I cleared Mythic Ny without having full lv 3(4) essences on either)... So pick one content for Shadowlands to min..max and just get good enough at the game for the rest of the content.

Imagine saying this one a FREE TO REGISTER forum lmfao, you people are absolute CLOWNS.
    Making a new account to skip bans to keep posting?
    Let me fill you in

1. that is just gunna extend your ban you know that right?
    2. it is really, really sad
    3. it might just get you IP banned, so hope you got a VPN.

Pretty sure creating new accounts to dodge a ban is against the rules. And a bannable offense. And it is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dojichan View Post
    That feedback is the loudest voice. Hard to know if it is the most common voice.
    Even if it is the most common... doesn't actually mean it is right. I am glad Blizzard it trying to stick to its plan with covenant and with soul binds. Should make things interesting.
    I'm fine with it either way, I rarely change specs or talents (I know that's frowned upon), but I think they could have either streamlined the concept better, or explained the "why" better.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Stop dreaming. In reality it only reduces fun as you cant experiment. Everyone is using the same talents and no one is trying anything new because it is too expensive to try it.

That is why talenta were changed.

Also stop using classic as indicator of good design. Classic is dead.
    Last edited by HCLM; 2020-10-05 at 08:42 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    Yeah I mean, if that's the case then fine. I just think Blizzard has a tendency to overcorrect.
    Yeah, I've watched literally every video from Beta, and not a single streamer or content creator spent more than a few minutes in the Maw before getting bored. The zone is actually rather large, and you cannot mount in there (for 90% of the people 90% of the time) bar a few exceptions, so travel is a slog. Throw in that there is nothing to do right now other than farm mobs and kill an occasional rare if it spawns, and all of these are easy as hell to kill with no special abilities or interactions, and you get a terrible zone. Think of it like the first zone in the Firelands raid with 1/50th of the mobs, no bosses, and no loot. That's pretty much all it is.
    BfA Beta Time

Stop dreaming. In reality it only reduces fun as you cant experiment. Everyone is using the same talents and no one is trying anything new because it is too expensive to try it.

I don't bother arguing with Classic fans anymore. For some reason they are happy with a system that locks you into builds even if you made mistakes or that build is absolute trash. Because somehow that makes the game more meaningful or something. They ignore the reason it was changed was because a lot of people hated being locked into garbage talents if they didn't pick the right ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Yeah, I've watched literally every video from Beta, and not a single streamer or content creator spent more than a few minutes in the Maw before getting bored. The zone is actually rather large, and you cannot mount in there (for 90% of the people 90% of the time) bar a few exceptions, so travel is a slog. Throw in that there is nothing to do right now other than farm mobs and kill an occasional rare if it spawns, and all of these are easy as hell to kill with no special abilities or interactions, and you get a terrible zone. Think of it like the first zone in the Firelands raid with 1/50th of the mobs, no bosses, and no loot. That's pretty much all it is.
    Yeah I've been playing on the beta and it's just....so bad. It's like playing WoD again.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I don't bother arguing with Classic fans anymore. For some reason they are happy with a system that locks you into builds even if you made mistakes or that build is absolute trash. Because somehow that makes the game more meaningful or something. They ignore the reason it was changed was because a lot of people hated being locked into garbage talents if they didn't pick the right ones.
    you must not have read his comment correctly. There is no "locked" in with what he said. There is just a cost associated to it. That system is still in the game. Changing things you pick, for a cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoy View Post
    Shadowlands Development Update - October
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    As we continue to work towards making Shadowlands worth the wait, we have an update on several changes and improvements players can expect to see coming to the Beta over the next few weeks.

The Maw
    The Maw is intended to be the desolate and brutal domain of the Jailer, and not a place any soul in the Warcraft cosmos ever hopes to visit. But this is, after all, a video game, and telling that story can’t come at the expense of creating a fun environment for adventurers. We’ve heard feedback that this content is currently falling short of that mark, and we agree.

We’re working to increase visual distinction and combat gameplay variety across the different areas of the Maw, as well as exploring adding new localized events and world interactions. We also want give players who journey to the Maw a bit more direction, while still preserving the “sandbox” roots of Maw gameplay. Players will venture into the Maw weekly to rescue souls to aid in restoring their Covenants, and the mysterious broker Ve’nari offers a range of cosmetic, convenience, and power rewards in exchange for Stygia. Those goals need to be more immediately apparent early on. We’ll share more info about specific updates when these changes are ready for Beta testing and feedback.

Conduits
    We’ve also received a lot of feedback about the Conduit system. Many of you have expressed concerns that the current system will unreasonably limit experimentation and multi-spec play early in the expansion. While the existing weekly cooldown may provide sufficient flexibility once players have all three soulbinds fully unlocked, we agree that it is initially too limiting. A single weekly reset also fails to draw any distinction between someone who only wants to adjust a single conduit, and someone who wants to clear and rebuild their entire soulbind tree.

In an upcoming build, we will be replacing the weekly cooldown on changing conduits with a more flexible system: When first unlocked, the Forge of Bonds will be charged with 10 Conduit Energy, and placing a conduit into a socket will consume a single charge. Conduit Energy recharges at the rate of one per day, up to a cap of 10, and adding a new conduit to your collection immediately restores one Conduit Energy as well.

Our goal with this change is to ensure that, especially when players are acquiring new conduits and only have access to a small number of soulbinds and conduit slots, all players feel free to try out new upgrades and to adjust their soulbinds to support multiple specializations or activities. After the initial collection period for a given character, 7+ swaps per week should allow for more adaptation to suit specific roles or activities, while still requiring thoughtful decisions about how to customize each Soulbind for your playstyle preferences.

Class and Covenant Balance
    Tuning has been underway over the past couple of weeks, but much work remains. Our initial tuning efforts have focused on Covenant class abilities that were outliers on either end of the spectrum, including some substantial redesigns where necessary. The coming weeks will see continued iteration on these abilities, as well as the soulbinds that complement them. Balance in this area means pursuing a mix of offsetting strengths and weaknesses rather than identical capabilities, and our goal in this process is that every class/covenant combination should have something to commend it.

Alongside these specific areas of focus, we are all using this time to tune various endgame rewards, fix bugs (thousands of which continue to come from the in-game Bug Report tool - thank you!), and add the finishing touches that will hopefully make your journey into Shadowlands a magical one when the time comes.

Thank you very much for all of your testing and feedback!
    There is no way this is just going to be a few weeks delay. It will either be late Dec or January release now. Possibly even Feb
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

1. yes you can experiment... cause you literally get a free conduit change every day.. its not expensive...
    2. talents were changed cause they changed the system
    3. "Classic is dead" lololololol yeah no.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    There is no way this is just going to be a few weeks delay. It will either be late Dec or January release now. Possibly even Feb
    Now that, that is a funny joke. it will not take them 3 to 4 months to do some class balance and change the maw up abit.

1. yes you can experiment... cause you literally get a free conduit change every day.. its not expensive...

- - - Updated - - -

Now that, that is a funny joke. it will not take them 3 to 4 months to do some class balance and change the maw up abit.
    Maw revamp, new iterations of covenant abilities and soulbinds, acknowledgement of literally thousands of bugs... Either it will be delayed into 2021, or just barely get release at the end of the year. Then again, I suppose they could release it in november half-assed and "fix" the rest in 9.1...

- - - Updated - - -

LMAo at change the zone up a bit. It sounds like a total re-work of the Maw. And its not just a bit of class tuning. Some classes are broke. If they delay this by only a few weeks, SL will be a shit show at launch and end up worse then BFA . IF blizzard really intends to put the time to get this right, its going to be a minimum 2-3 months .

No mounts in the Maw is boring for me. I want to be able to skip some enemies and avoid some crowdy areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Corruptus View Post
    Maw revamp, new iterations of covenant abilities and soulbinds, acknowledgement of literally thousands of bugs... Either it will be delayed into 2021, or just barely get release at the end of the year. Then again, I suppose they could release it in november half-assed and "fix" the rest in 9.1...
    Exactly not to mention the amount of testing the new Maw additions will need, the testing of the covenants after balancing etc etc . if they launch another half assed expansion, Wow will be all but dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Just give a soulbind tree for each spec, iunno why it has to be shared. Only thing it does currently is screw over people with multiple specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    No mounts in the Maw is boring for me. I want to be able to skip some enemies and avoid some crowdy areas.
    yeah being forced to walk is a bit of a deal breaker for me. My play time is limited now . I would rather not waste it on mundane things like walking from A to be, boring Mob fights and bad terrain design

LMAo at change the zone up a bit. It sounds like a total re-work of the Maw. And its not just a bit of class tuning. Some classes are broke. If they delay this by only a few weeks, SL will be a shit show at launch and end up worse then BFA . IF blizzard really intends to put the time to get this right, its going to be a minimum 2-3 months .
    classes can be fixed in just a couple weeks, and nah 100% not a total rework of the maw, simply some new colours in spots, some more events, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah being forced to walk is a bit of a deal breaker for me. My play time is limited now . I would rather not waste it on mundane things like walking from A to be, boring Mob fights and bad terrain design
    so do torghast and get the corridor creeper.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Corruptus View Post
    most odf those take literally no time at all to fix, bugs have been vanishing in thousands with every single weekly build.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    so do torghast, get the corridor creeper.

An easy fix would be to at least let every spec have their own soulbinds. The fact you have to share a soulbind between specs is suck backwards design. If they all have their own, the 1 week cooldown would be a big deal, because you wouldn't even need to swap the conduits.