Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Burning Crusade NO NERFS!!!!

Hey guyz, I was thinking... how cool could it be... if they would release a Burning Crusade server without the nerfs applied during all the patches on the PvE content? It would make things alot more challenging! I belief it's one of the mistakes made in classic!

I'm curious about your input, since I think this is one of the most important points to keep the game healthy and challenging!

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobtbh View Post
    Hey guyz, I was thinking... how cool could it be... if they would release a Burning Crusade server without the nerfs applied during all the patches on the PvE content? It would make things alot more challenging! I belief it's one of the mistakes made in classic!

I'm curious about your input, since I think this is one of the most important points to keep the game healthy and challenging!

Cheers!
    MULTIPLE classic TBC threads already exist. Post in one of those.

So if the rally cry for Classic was NOCHANGES, is the rally cry for BC CHANGES?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobtbh View Post

Cheers!
    While you're at it go chase former players and erase their memory and all strats from the internet.

We may get the non-nerf versions but with today's knowledge and skill they still won't be as challenging as they felt in their time.

The only way to make these projects challenging is change them.
    They need to buff them, or reorganize the difficulty in some other way, because players already know everything they would ever need to know about the content before it even comes out.

That's why I believe its a waste of time even making TBC and onwards.
    Classic is different enough that you can play it without caring about difficulty, but TBC begins the "Endgame or nothing" situation, and with horrible pugging options and other restrictions, what will this product even look like a few years in?

Classic already has this issue, but TBC will be far worse.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

the point isn't to do it again but harder, the point was to just do it again, if its changed in some way, then its not doing it again. its something else that wasn't.

perhaps one day blizzard will revamp the entire game but that wasn't the point of doing this again. the only challenge is getting 40 or 25 ppl to show up on the same day. consistently for 1 1/2 to 2 years. if you can manage this then thats all it takes, no matter how much buffing and tweaking they do they aren't going to make the content borderline impossible just so its challenging again. every boss fight is just uncertainty the first time, and all subsequent attempts are just perfecting from the first kill, you usually have more gear each time. so savour those first kills with your guild as that will likely be the point where you 1) did it with that group of ppl for the first time and 2) had the least amount of gear for that kill. it only gets easier and easier the more times you do it and the better your overall raid gear is this is the same for any expansion and classic itself.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-10-06 at 08:35 PM.

Hopefully Blizzard will ignore all of the "No Changes" screeching this time around, but they probably won't.

I would love if they didn't nerf anything.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

I hope they don't start at the latest client again, it will make all the content except Sunwell stupidly easy. If they do then at least buff every dungeon and raid like they should've done with Classic.

Leave everything in its most difficult state? I'm ok with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    Hopefully Blizzard will ignore all of the "No Changes" screeching this time around, but they probably won't.

I would love if they didn't nerf anything.
    ... What? They *clearly* ignored the No Changes, because they gave us the game gated, but they released content in it's easiest form. Basically the worst of both worlds (Wait for content but not get it as it was originally released).
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

If it takes a meaningful amount of extra work to implement, they won't do it.

And why should they? Plenty of classic players are happy clearing newly released raids in 1-2 weeks then farming them for 6 months.

I want harder content, but i'm not so sure the majority of classic players do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    the changes people wanted for classic are in bc lol so problem solved.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

10+ Year Old Account
    if they are going to release everything in a nerfed state like they did with classic, i'm not even gonna bother this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    If it takes a meaningful amount of extra work to implement, they won't do it.

And why should they? Plenty of classic players are happy clearing newly released raids in 1-2 weeks then farming them for 6 months.

I want harder content, but i'm not so sure the majority of classic players do.
    If you want harder content, play retail.

Nothing is going to be hard if you know exactly what is coming, and there is literally no point to doing original content for Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    just like in regular video games, you can make the content harder for you :
    -play with less items equipped
    -play with less people in the group
    -make a speedrun
    -play with no single buffs/consumables
    -all of the above

it's up to the player....and that's what's great
    one advantage to run the content with less players is that you get more stuff...
    like more chance to get a mount if it dropped, more gold, more chance to get a gear or something you wanted...
    Last edited by Cæli; 2020-10-07 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    If you want harder content, play retail.

Nothing is going to be hard if you know exactly what is coming, and there is literally no point to doing original content for Classic.
    Other games have already gone through this exact scenario, and came up with solutions.

Everquest bosses have a buff that makes them significantly harder than their oldschool counterparts, to account for players knowing everything.

If Blizzard actually cared about "Presenting an authentic vanilla/bc experience" they would do something similar.

But they won't, cause they are just milking this for easy subs. I'm still glad they did it, but it could be so much better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by time0ut View Post
    if they are going to release everything in a nerfed state like they did with classic, i'm not even gonna bother this time around.
    I might play short term, but ya I don't see the point in sticking around in BC if everything is just getting annhilated first/second week by even average guilds.

Or maybe i'll just have to take frequent breaks, and make sure I play a needed class/spec so I can keep a raid spot.

Was any of TBCs content even really nerfed? Kaelthas was fixed because he was picking up healing aggro through the first few phases and then just murdering healers iirc and they fixed that but thats hardly a nerf. I guess maybe some of the later bosses in sunwell got nerfed?

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Was any of TBCs content even really nerfed? Kaelthas was fixed because he was picking up healing aggro through the first few phases and then just murdering healers iirc and they fixed that but thats hardly a nerf. I guess maybe some of the later bosses in sunwell got nerfed?
    well it was either the last patch or the wrath pre-patch nerfed the boss hp by like 30 or 50%. kaels adds were nerfed by about 10% hp but since there are 4 adds that you have to kill twice that 10% is more like 10% x4 x2. basically an 80% nerf to the overall add hp. how much damage you need to do to kill all 4 adds both times. illidan had an ability that was removed at some point, called shear, when we got to him he didn't do shear anymore but it was kinda a wipe mechanic initially it had to be blocked or the debuff it left would likely kill the tank or contribute to them dying. it reduced their max hp by like 60%. so it would have been easy to lose the tank after getting hit by this. this ability is likely the only thing that actually made illidan 'hard' so he was defanged the moment he lost shear.

the heroics were super tuned in the beginning and were slowly nerfed over time throughout tbc. the release heroics were quite brutal but i'm not sure if that was because of the tuning or just that ppl had shitty blue dungeon gear. it was probably a bit of both. tanks getting globalled etc. for a while there at the start CC was paramount but it eventually didn't matter so much the combination of nerfs and everyone getting better gear they slowly got defanged.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-10-07 at 05:50 AM.

some was nerfed if i recal,like maghteridon not needing everyone to click,and something about gruul,solarian also,but most of it was fixes not nerfs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Well the nerfs were released throughout the expansion and unlike classic, they have access to backups for all the patches, not just 1.12. So they should do what they did in real TBC and release stuff pre-nerf and pre-attunement-nerf and if they do wanna lower keys to honored and remove attunements / nerf stuff, do that in the relevant phases to relic actual TBC.

In any case NoChanges is not going to cut it for TBC if you ask me.

- - - Updated - - -

there were enormous raid nerfs, attunement removals, etc throughout TBC. They even moved heroic keys to honored, from revered.

But yeah there were huge nerfs throughout. Even Kara got nerfed hard early on.